Good Ink For Pilot Kakuno/metropolitan?

RilUki

Hello there, I wondering if anyone has the pilot kakuno/pilot metro and has good ink for it. Preferably blue or black. I am a student in high school, so the ink should not feather or bleed through as much. In addition, faster drying times would be appreciated, although that would depend the writing surface.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• goodpens

• Runnin_Ute

• antichresis

• RilUki

Top Posters In This Topic

I own both pens, in all the nib sizes available and can say that every ink I have tried with them works. Being a student myself, the largest hurdle is always pricing. I always recommend Pilot Blue-Black but it is best for you to look at the retailer you plan to buy from, look at their swabs, and once you've narrowed it down to a handful you can look up some reviews here or through Google. If there's a consensus that it's a good ink, it will work on either of your pens.

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

Personally, I like a slightly wetter ink for my Metropolitan as I find it is a slightly drier pen than some of my others. (mine is medium nib)

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Every ink I've put in my Metro and Kakuno has worked well. And while it's nice for a wet ink, make sure to check reviews because some wet inks are more likely to feather (in my experience). Also, a fine nib is less likely to feather than a medium nib. To my memory, Pilot Blue didn't feather, even from a fatter nib, so Blue-Black (which I agree is a better color) ought to be fine, but I haven't tested it personally yet.

I've just finished a fill of Iroshizuku Asa Gao in my fine Metro, and while it spread on the bad copy paper at work, it didn't feather, and felt quite nice.

Hello there, I wondering if anyone has the pilot kakuno/pilot metro and has good ink for it. Preferably blue or black. I am a student in high school, so the ink should not feather or bleed through as much. In addition, faster drying times would be appreciated, although that would depend the writing surface.

We have both of those pens. I suggest you look at Noodler's 54th Massachusetts. Interesting but conservative and a terrific value.

well I do not have an suggestion but a warning, PIlot's own iro-shizuku range ink can be a bit too wet for these two. Otherwise all the ink I've try with my Pilot(s) happen to work right away. Kudo to Pilot for making such reliable and compatible products

I use Pilot black ink and has no problem with it.

This is the one that I use:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=pilot+fountain+pen+ink&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjdk8-Ah73TAhVKKJQKHe-EB60Q_AUIBygC&biw=1920&bih=974#tbm=isch&q=pilot+fountain+pen+ink+black&imgrc=CqMVd0VkmhrBqM:

I usually use it on Collins Debden diary. On this diary, it is no feathering, no bleed and dries relatively quick.

I've tried multiple inks in my Metropolitan and not had a problem with any. My preference is for wetter inks and like Iroshizuku in it, but it's been fine with anything I've tried.

Same here, all the inks I've put in both pens have worked quite well (one reason I recommend Metros to new users). I've had Noodler's Blue Steel and Pelikan 4001 Blue Black in these pens lately and both inks performed very well, I think you'd be pleased with either.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Pilot Black in a Metropolitan is very reliable. Cartridges are a fast ink reload. They can be refilled with bottle ink, using a syringe. I use to carry a couple of spares in a mint candy tin. A good quality cartridge, like the Pilot, can be refilled many times.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Pilot Blue-Black has worked wonderfully in both my Metro and my Kakuno (and all the rest of the pens I've filled with it.) Pilot Blue-Black, Black, and Blue are some of the best values in ink around, and they perform decently on substandard paper with fine nibs. They dry very quickly, but like most inks are not water resistant.

Like Sasha Royale above me, I refill spent cartridges from a bottle using a syringe. The CON-20 converter is a good option, too. You can buy an enormous (350ml!!!) bottle of Pilot Blue-Black and have enough ink until graduation day. :lol:

It has not been my experience that Iroshizuku inks are too wet for these pens, but I wouldn't recommend any Iroshizuku ink in this case simply because it's crazy expensive.

the economical penster - celebrating inexpensive pens!

Everything I've used in my Metropolitans (F and M nibs) has worked well (with the exception of one Diamine shimmertastic inks, though others worked). I've used multiple Diamine and Private Reserve inks, which are on the economical side of the ink range, when you buy the bottles.

I currently have a F nib inked with PR Midnight Blues. Diamine Onyx is what I usually keep in another F nib; Sapphire is a good, bright basic blue.