scripscan

Unfortunately, I dropped the cap to my Dark Lilac Lam FP in the biological waste accidentally at the hospital. Would anyone know where I could purchase another? The pen is worthless functionally and aesthetically. Help!

Glen Converse

Fort Lauderdale, Florida

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• Astronymus

• bureaudirect

• ErrantSmudge

Functionally... not. Any other colored cap will fit. Caps are spare parts and can be ordered. Ask Lamy if they still might have some dark lilac cap in storage.

Otherwise you'll have to buy another Lilac via eBay for example.

Or as mentioned you get another cap. Go into a store and test different matte or glossy caps. Maybe a 2-colored pen will look thrilling to you in the end.

Hello Glen,

This is a really sad story. :(

Like others have already recommended, i would contact Lamy ASAP. Here's how:

Customer Service (US):

(972) 393-8080

(800) 345-6798

Monday to Friday

9 a.m. to 5 p.m. C.S.T

If they can't help you, try e-bay... if worse comes to worse, buy a used charcoal Safari for the cap... it would complement the lilac body and give the pen a hipster stealthy look. :)

Good luck.

- Anthony

I tested the Lilac with an Umbra and a Petrol cap. Petrol looks better.

This might be heresy, but I read on FPN that caps from the Jinhao 599 (the Safari knock-off) will fit an actual Safari. I tested this and it's true.

Well, for whatever it's worth, (It's up to Glen and his tastes), but I tried a petrol, shiny black and charcoal cap on my lilac Safari and thought the charcoal looked the best, but beauty is a subjective quality. :)

I don't know what colors the Jinhao 599 is offered in, but I doubt you'd find a cheaper option than ES's suggestion.

Please let us know how this turns out, Glen; I'm curious what Lamy will say.

Best of luck. :)

- Anthony

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files