Twsbi Eco Help

Aditkamath26
Rate Topic 0

Aditkamath26

Hello and greetings

I have a TWSBI Eco which is my favourite pen currently in my collection. But there seems to be a problem. The piston knob when screwed all the way in, rotates freely for maybe a quarter or a turn. Is this common or something that I have to worry about?

Thanks and regards,

Adit

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Aditkamath26

• dk76

• Erik Dalton

• Cocobird

Check the position of the piston.

I had the same issue with the Classic. Goulet and SBRE Brown have videos that talk about adjusting the height of the piston.

Basically, when you think you are in the fully closed position, the piston is retractdd fully but there is still a little play. I don't think I am explaining it fully. I apologize. My mind is on Sunday mode.

Aditkamath26

Check the position of the piston.

I had the same issue with the Classic. Goulet and SBRE Brown have videos that talk about adjusting the height of the piston.

Basically, when you think you are in the fully closed position, the piston is retractdd fully but there is still a little play. I don't think I am explaining it fully. I apologize. My mind is on Sunday mode.

Thanks for the reply. We have school on sunday :(

Erik Dalton

It's nothing that will effect you using the pen. No parts are going to fall off. If it doesn't really bother you, then you don't have to do anything, and your pen will operate just fine.

It is a matter of positioning the "travel" of the piston on the worm gear. Definitely go to the Goulet and especially SBRE Brown's videos.

• 2 months later...
grilledcheese

Just wanted to drop a quick note about great service received from TWSBI -- I somehow managed to lose the feed on my Eco (not the nib, just the feed!) and not only are they sending me a replacement, they even answered my email almost immediately on what is, for me, a Saturday night. Very pleased!

• 4 weeks later...

Goulet and SBRE Brown have videos that talk about adjusting the height of the piston.

Goulet: TWSBI 580 Disassembly (the 580 is the same as the Eco mechanically)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3ND2P4m0nE

SBRE Brown: Disassembly Line TWSBI Eco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri6CkkkFYAA

Goulet: My TWSBI Eco Won't Post Anymore. Did I Do Something Wrong? - Q&A Slices (Ignore this one, it's useless)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V34DREK9Qk

Have fun fighting with your Eco ;)

David