M 800 Renaissance Brown

jungkind

Can someone who got more sleep than I did last night try to sum up all of the cryptic hints into a guess for the releases?

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sirgilbert357

• Erik Dalton

• BillH

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone who got more sleep than I did last night try to sum up all of the cryptic hints into a guess for the releases?

All we know for sure is, there has been announced an M800 Renaissance Brown which is available for preorder pretty much everywhere. Actual release/shipping date in May according to more than one vendor.

The rest is pure conjecture for most of us. There is a super-secret-koolkids-club teasing the rest of us with cryptic hints designed to make us all crazy. The most believable of these hints is that there is a good probability of another M8xx pen to be announced in the Fall, but no one is saying what it might look like because those who have seen it have had their tongues cut out and their fingers broken :yikes: . Others have speculated that there might be an M6xx released this year. Bets have been made that there will be an M205 Smoky Quartz as well. Neither of those is generating much talk online, either because nobody cares or because those who know have had their computers stolen (who are we missing on the boards right now?)...

I know. Pretty thin gruel, eh?

Probably ought to take sargetalon's advice to save up so we can afford to play later in the year... :rolleyes:

Edited by BillH

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

Bill summed it up beautifully. Pelikan has really come down on vendors after the leaks from last year. Vendors are much more tight lipped these days for fear of reprisal. Can't really share too much pubicly or risk exposing certain individuals. I think it's safe to say that you're looking at another M8xx, M6xx, and M2xx release before years end. If that sounds appealing, start saving. I think we'll hear about the M2xx around July and the M8xx/M6xx around September. I think the M8xx is a slam dunk. The M6xx is...interesting. The M2xx should be Smoky Quartz if Pelikan adheres to recent the trend of pens matching the ink of the year. I have also heard rumors of a Raden release but can't confirm that one. Of course, I'll post news on my blog of upcoming releases as soon as it's available.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

Well I personally have never been interested in the demonstrators going along with the ink of the year, or any demonstrator from any company. I'm just not into that. I know there are people who are, and I'm sure there will be interest in a Smoky Quartz M205 if it comes to pass.

I also am someone who budget-wise maxes out at the M4xx line. So I think it's great for all the collectors and users of the M6xx and up lines who will have fabulous pens added to their collections this year. But if Pelikan ever does issue an M4xx in the Renaissance Brown I know I will find the money somewhere in order to get one. And that money won't come from robbing banks, or other illegal transactions. :)

So, no SE M400s this year? Many good folks will be disappointed if that is the case.

Nothing is ruled out. Just haven't heard.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

Nothing is ruled out. Just haven't heard.

Two 400 size SE's last year, the Tort and the Stresemann. Would like to see one or two more this year but I'll be happy with two 800 sized pens.

The folks who aren't getting much love are the 600 fans :(

You're from Texas. No doubt you've seen that old bumpersticker that says "My wife told me it was her or the dog. I'm sure gonna miss her." No, I don't know why I remembered that here...

Another variant: "My best friend ran off with my wife and I miss him."

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Well, May is here so it should not be long now!

Regards

Jeff

I wish we knew the actual shipping date of the Ren. Brown. I saw 5/22 somewhere, but it wasn't clear if that was when the retailer would be getting them, or when they would be shipping them out...anyone know? I ordered from Appelboom.

I wish we knew the actual shipping date of the Ren. Brown. I saw 5/22 somewhere, but it wasn't clear if that was when the retailer would be getting them, or when they would be shipping them out...anyone know? I ordered from Appelboom.

Overseas retailers usually get stock and ship ahead of US retailers. For instance, the M101N Bright Red shipped out of Germany almost 2 weeks before US vendors got stock. It's all very regional though. Appelboom usually ships pretty quickly from release. Once vendors get the pens, they are usually out in the mail a day or two later.

Overseas retailers usually get stock and ship ahead of US retailers. For instance, the M101N Bright Red shipped out of Germany almost 2 weeks before US vendors got stock. It's all very regional though. Appelboom usually ships pretty quickly from release. Once vendors get the pens, they are usually out in the mail a day or two later.

OK, that's good. I hope they send an email or something. I want to know when its coming so I can be ready in case they deliver on a day I'm not home or there's some kind of import duty to be paid before I can have it. I'm sure they at least send the tracking number...

I missed a European delivery today. Need to collect it from the post office tomorrow. No idea what it is...could it be here?!?!? Unlikely.

bayesianprior.png

I'm sure this goes without saying, but once someone receives theirs, please post in this thread (with pics of course!) so we can live vicariously until our own pen arrives, lol.

By the way, has anyone decided which ink they are going to ink it up with once it arrives? I have a sample of Edelstein Smoky Quartz coming I might try...seemed appropriate.

Ink? Either 4001 Brilliant Brown or MB Toffee Brown... have to wait and see what strikes me when I unwrap it. Ancient Copper may be a possibility too. But Brilliant Brown is still #1 on my brown ink page.

I have thought about ink. Contenders are (in decreasing order of likeliness - and dependent on just how fine the EF nib turns out to be):

Diamine Macassar

Sailor Doyou

R&K Sepia

Sailor Rikyu-Cha

J Herbin Lie de The

Diamine Raw Sienna

But I think the last three are better suited to the M800 Grand Place.

bayesianprior.png

Good choices BillH and BayesianPrior. I should have asked this question before ordering my last round of ink samples, LOL. I think I would have added quite a few more to the cart if I had thought about it a little more...

Pelikan_International on Instagram just posted that the Renaissance Brown is "available now". Shouldn't be long now.

Pelikan_International on Instagram just posted that the Renaissance Brown is "available now". Shouldn't be long now.

The wait is killing me.

I keep hoping I'll forget that I've bought it and it'll just show up unexpectedly, but every time I look at the date I am keenly aware that I saw a release date of 5/22 and its not 5/22 yet, lol. But if it's "available now", then I would think they would be shipping very soon...like next week.