M 800 Renaissance Brown

jungkind

Now that is a truly handsome trio! What nibs do you have on these?

All Broad size nibs. :wub:

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sirgilbert357

• Erik Dalton

• BillH

• Lam1

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where did you find a M800 Renaissance for $350? That bests most prices I've seen by $100 (and even more for US retailers).

Appelboom. Got it during the preorder...not sure he has them in stock at this point. I just looked and couldn't find them, so my guess is he's sold out now.

Oh, and the Edelstein Smoky Quartz ink worked out to 13 bucks!! Got free shipping on it since it shipped with the pen!

Edited by sirgilbert357

Ex

Exactly! The best price I found was almost $500. $350 would still be my most expensive pen, but close enough to fit in that gray area.

See my reply above one post...got it from Appelboom. I'm guessing you didn't get it on the preorder pricing then. Sorry...

Appelboom. Got it during the preorder...not sure he has them in stock at this point. I just looked and couldn't find them, so my guess is he's sold out now.

Oh, and the Edelstein Smoky Quartz ink worked out to 13 bucks!! Got free shipping on it since it shipped with the pen!

Appelboom is one of my frequented sellers but I wavered when the pen was available. I keep checking to see if it comes in stock but so far no luck. This is a special edition so I imagine it will come up again eventually.

He must have increased his price; it's now listed at 480 which works out to about 395 without VAT, or $450. Still a good price and one of the best offers I've seen.

Yup, looks like all vendors increased the price. Previously, this pen was easily obtainable for under 400, with VAT....so ~320 for americans. I suppose La Cuoronne du Comte is cheapest now with a -10% coupon.

The Euro has taken a little rise vs the USD lately as well so figure a few % there also (if you're using USD)...

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I should have bought two or three more to sell to some of you guys that didn't get it on the preorder, LOL.

I honestly thought about getting a few to resell. I figured I could keep them NIB for a year or so and then eBay them when they become scarce to see what they fetch. Alas, fronting 350 USD per pen for that purpose seemed a bit excessive, so I didn't...

I took mine to the breakfast meeting of the Dallas Pen Club yesterday, where it was universally admired, even by those who hadn't thought it looked attractive in the promotion photos. The more I look at it, the more I like it. Mine has a fine nib that even has a little spring to it, which is unusual for a new M800 nib. I had thought I might switch it out for a nib from one of my older M800s, but I don't see the need to do that.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Appellbloom

I should have bought two or three more to sell to some of you guys that didn't get it on the preorder, LOL.

I honestly thought about getting a few to resell. I figured I could keep them NIB for a year or so and then eBay them when they become scarce to see what they fetch. Alas, fronting 350 USD per pen for that purpose seemed a bit excessive, so I didn't...

Appelboom still have them in stock. I purchased one today. Used the FRIEND discount code. Good deal compared to other UK sellers.

The only time I paid any fees was when a Delta pen was delivered by DHL from Martemodena in Italy. The pen was less than $500, but cannot remember the exact price. I decided at that point not to order from that vendor in the future, as shipping was too expensive. I just looked on ebay and for one of their pens they have a shipping fee of $69, which honestly is outrageous and gouging.

I do not remember if there was anything in the statement/invoice from DHL to indicate that it was customs. Could it be that they simply charge customers customs in case it is assessed by US customs, and if not simply add to their bottom line??

I've gotten two pens from Martemodena. Both had great prices, quick service and reasonable postage. I received each pen sooner than I received any pen I have ever ordered. Can't imagine why the difference in our experiences.

I just looked on e bay for Delta pens being offered by Martemodena, not nearly as many as last year. Strange thing they have some oversize journal ballpoints, On one shipping is about $15, others about $50. WHY such a big difference in the same size pen. The difference I see is the one with a$50 buy it now is lower shipping, and one for bid has higher shipping. Do they think bid price is so low they have to make it up on shipping. Methinks shipping should be the same one the same or same weight item. If an item is worth more then they could charge more for insured shipping which would be reasonable, but even here, $35 difference on a $50 pen. Maybe you can explain that.

My best experiences have been from Iguana Sell, they state customs is prepaid and prices are good. Shipping has been reasonable, with UPS shipping, usually sent so I receive it next day, or two days at the most, Spain to E. Texas is really outstanding. LcDc has been good, although international post from the Netherlands is slow, and Martini auctions is good. I think i will continue to boycott Martemodena untill i hear that they get their shipping policies and prices consistant and good, and eliminate DHL.

Regards

Jeff

Appellbloom

Appelboom still have them in stock. I purchased one today. Used the FRIEND discount code. Good deal compared to other UK sellers.

Awesome that you were still able to order one. Congrats, I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Jkingrph says:

My best experiences have been from Iguana Sell, they state customs is prepaid and prices are good. Shipping has been reasonable, with UPS shipping, usually sent so I receive it next day, or two days at the most, Spain to E. Texas is really outstanding.

+ 1 for Iguana Sell. Sale prices are usually good. Excellent customer service, quick shipping, no hassles what so ever.

I've gotten a huge number of compliments on my Renaissance--so glad I ordered it!

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Just received mine from Amazon.uk. No presentation box just a cardboard Pelikan cardboard box/tube. Is that normal?

Pelikan (and many other brands) ships the pens to the sellers in this little cardboard box. The presentation box costs extra. So, some vendors that sell at a deep discount do not include the presentation box. Amazon "de" and "uk" have been among such vendors according to several reports.

If you want the presentation box, Amazon has them for sale.

Received mine a few days ago from Appellbloom. Good price and fast shipping. The flock is growing.

post-137016-0-39798500-1499531204.jpg

post-29201-0-27573700-1499574147_thumb.jpg

They certainly do multiply, celtic101.

Mine don't all fit in the display case so a modern M400 tortoise, 2 old style M200s and an old M100 live elsewhere.

I don't have the M800 demonstrator version, but that's OK... can't have everything.

The Renaissance Brown and the pre-2005 Black M800 are the current users... the latter just repaired courtesy of Ron Zorn's priceless advice.

I wonder what the next releases are going to be in northern hemisphere autumn.

Glenn.

Edited by Eccles

Jkingrph says:

My best experiences have been from Iguana Sell, they state customs is prepaid and prices are good. Shipping has been reasonable, with UPS shipping, usually sent so I receive it next day, or two days at the most, Spain to E. Texas is really outstanding.

+ 1 for Iguana Sell. Sale prices are usually good. Excellent customer service, quick shipping, no hassles what so ever.

Love Iguana Sell. No affiliation.