XXXF and XXXXF Round and Italic Points

Phthalo

Chib, thanks for bringing this one back to the top. Reminds me how much I LOVED this post!

Ditto....................this is a great post.

Please visit my wife's website.

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_763_-2kMPOs/Sh8W3BRtwoI/AAAAAAAAARQ/WbGJ-Luhxb0/2009StoreLogoETSY.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Phthalo

• rroossinck

• jd50ae

• Honeybadgers

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys! I'm still loving these pens - my Lamy Lady with the 0.3 Cursive Italic hasn't been out of use since it arrived, ditto for the Omas and Pelikan with 0.3mm Stubs.

Every time I pick one of these pens up, there are not adequate words to describe how wonderful it feels to have a nib which suits ones style of writing so perfectly. The wait for my nibs was utterly worth it, and the money is some of the best money I have spent in pendom!

I currently have 7-8 pens put aside again for Richard, to be sent off in the new year. I'll definitely be getting a couple more Cursive Italic nibs, but this time I'm going to challenge Richard with a couple of requests for 0.2mm Italic and Stub points. ;)

Laura / Phthalo

Fountain Pens: My Collection

Just discovered this post. Amazingly informative and educational.

Thanks for dedicating your time and sharing.

• 1 year later...

What a fascinating study. Laura, thank you very much for taking the time to post about your ultra-fine pens and to show your writing. It is lovely to see.

May you have pens you enjoy, with plenty of paper and ink. :)

Please use only my FPN name "Gran" in your posts. Thanks very much!

• 1 year later...

I'm happy for you.

What for joys can be found in different worlds. Some find joy in ultra narrow, others in ultra wide.

I find my joy in semi-flex and semi-flex obliques.

I find an EF or my OEF quite narrow enough for me, being able to enjoy the OM, B-OB- or a narrow vintage OBB nib that I enjoy.

I write large, even with my semi-flex OEF. I can write small if I put my mind to it... I do have to put my mind to it.

I just can not ever see my self writing small enough for an XXXF or a XXXXF, nor BBB or wider.

I do have to confess :embarrassed_smile: , some times if I got the right ink in it I can enjoy a regular M. I like MB toffee in a regular flex M or a semi-flex F.

I enjoyed your joy, but some times it's hard to step out of the box. A half a year ago, EF was out side my box, perhaps, I'll get an ultra narrow nib some day too.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

• 2 years later...

this is incredibly, wonderfully helpful. I've been thinking of getting a stub and a crisp italic, but have such small writing that most of the examples on the forum are (while beautiful) not too useful for my purposes.

• 1 year later...

Most of the photos from this old thread are no longer visible.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

All the meat and potatoes is still here in her post............................following the

pebbles.........................................................................................................................

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/32136-xxxf-and-xxxxf-round-and-italic-points/?p=296056

Fred

caine..you cannot see

po..you think I cannot see{question}

caine..of all things..to live in darkness

Master Po..Fear is only darkness..and

when you can take the pebble from my hand..it will be time for you to leave....

Say good night...

...Good nite

I was looking at the images in this thread the other night, I wanted to use them as reference for a new pen I'm thinking of having made, but the website the images are hosted on appears to be down now. I don't suppose the OP or anyone else has them saved anywhere?

Matt

• 1 month later...

I did turn up a couple, and posted them here.

Is the OP still on the forum?

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

Here's one more that she wrote, presumably with the Lamy CI. For reference, I think she clarified that the "0.3 mm" sizing for the Lamy is actually 0.4 mm in another thread, but I could be recalling that incorrectly. In any case, I hope she's okay and is still enjoying her pens.

Edit: Looks like the forum software downsized the pic, blurring it in the process. I've also uploaded it here: http://i.imgur.com/11IgAaB.jpg

post-109438-0-69877700-1427147594_thumb.jpg

Edited by BBU

Thanks for the re-uploaded scan as a lot of her old posts have broken images nowadays.

Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow

• 3 years later...

love the XXF/XXXF stuff but without staring uncomfortably close to the page, I couldn't tell a difference in the 0.3 italics.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I'm happy to see that the old images on this thread are visible again.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

• 11 months later...

I'm happy to see that the old images on this thread are visible again.

Yes! This thread is one of the highlights of our forum here. :-)

Jens

.....................................................................................................

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136145166@N02/albums