New Member With An Objective

CameronB

Cam,

For an ink which does not fade or wash away - Noodler's KTC is Armageddon-proof. It will not fade, rub away or wash away once dry. While you are writing, you have until it dries to use a wet brush to wash away the mistake and blot it carefully. I think you should experiment on loose sheets to perfect the technique.

As for the book, I personally have a journal made of TR paper that GatzBCN made to my specifications. The journal is leather bound and is a work of art. I have taken it with me to pen shows to share it. I'll try and add the link.

Please be sure to share pictures of your work and tell us about your decisions.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CameronB

• amberleadavis

• Helen350

• pen2paper

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

A Jewish Torah is handwritten and lasts hundreds of years. It is made specifically to endure with the kind of frequent use you describe. Judaic practice is never to touch the printed words with your finger and a pointer (usually sterling) is always used. That all being said, this link provides additional details you may find helpful.. http://scrolls4all.org/scrolls/kosher-ink/

Have you heard of Journibles? They are nicely bound, but not leather and labeled by books of the Bible.

https://www.christianbook.com/page/bible-studies/bible-study-series/journibles

My husband and I each have one and are working on Matthew. The paper is very fountain pen friendly. We have chosen different versions to copy. I am using King James and he is using Revised Standard. I sometimes make mistakes when writing, but find a single line drawn through it is not as jarring as possibly destroying my paper.

I love Tomoe River paper and use it daily for letter writing.

What version of the Bible will you be copying?

Welcome to our warm nook of the internet, where you can share this beautiful hobby with good and friendly people. Or as we say in low Saxon: Mooi a'j dr bint! (Good you're here.)

Forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them so much. - Oscar Wilde.

Hello Cam and welcome to FPN.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Welcome !

A permanent ink, that is easily removed, sounds contradictory. It forced me to stop making mistakes.

If you cannot follow my lead, I recommend learning some classic, Renaissance calligraphy. Artfully applied leaves, and vines, and icons, can be used to mask mistakes. (You didn't think that the

monk of the mountain abby actually wanted to do the extra work, did you ?)

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Amber,

thank you for all of this content...your colors and Anna's journals are impressive.

Definitely considering a block - journal, or writing in signatures, and having Anna bind them when completed...

In either case, beautiful work!

Thank you

Cam

Welcome !

A permanent ink, that is easily removed, sounds contradictory. It forced me to stop making mistakes.

If you cannot follow my lead, I recommend learning some classic, Renaissance calligraphy. Artfully applied leaves, and vines, and icons, can be used to mask mistakes. (You didn't think that the

monk of the mountain abby actually wanted to do the extra work, did you ?)

Sasha,

Exactly my thinking...I don't like the idea of striking through and leaving mistakes...but a little practice art where the mistake was, might go a long way ;-)

A Jewish Torah is handwritten and lasts hundreds of years. It is made specifically to endure with the kind of frequent use you describe. Judaic practice is never to touch the printed words with your finger and a pointer (usually sterling) is always used. That all being said, this link provides additional details you may find helpful.. http://scrolls4all.org/scrolls/kosher-ink/

Truly interesting, and the recipe for the ink is quite straightforward...tempting, tempting, tempting....

Thank you for that, I find the Kosher approach quite appealing, and the information very interesting.

Thx,

cam

I love Tomoe River paper and use it daily for letter writing.

What version of the Bible will you be copying?

R,

I plan on doing something a little odd (maybe?)...i'm a fan of the '84 NIV, but have alway desired the "Names of God" to be used, so I'm planning on utilizing my computer Bible software and drawing in the NoG in the OT, from the Hebrew.

Also, all of the text inclusions that only exist in later manuscripts will be removed...

So, all in all, an '84 NIV-ish Bible is the plan.

For format, I'm seeking A2 or B3 Tomoe River paper for use in Signatures with book dimensions of 14"h x 11"w, using 2 ¾" outer margins for notes, text in paragraph format (single column)...then eventually sewn binding to become my primary Bible of use.

Cam

Hello Cam and welcome to FPN.

Welcome to our warm nook of the internet, where you can share this beautiful hobby with good and friendly people. Or as we say in low Saxon: Mooi a'j dr bint! (Good you're here.)

Thanks to you both!! I really appreciate the welcoming ;-)

Cam

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Status of effort:

1. Special ordered Tomoe River A2 size. Big Sheets! 2,000. I might make a mitsake, so will need a couple extra sheets ;-)

2. Am building a drafting table with a special framed face for the pages. My other other hobby is woodworking.

I've been given a nice Black walnut tree, have cut it into boards, and have planed my boards into finished lumber. Now I only lack the construction of the table. Probably finished next week.

3. The drafting table will have a page frame for the A2 sheets, and 'opposing' dowels with string, stretched to mark out the margins for the pages.

Only a few more days to begin the actual writing...very excited to start...

We look forward to the results. We also have a show us your desk thread around here somewhere.

Hello, Cam, and welcome to the Fountain Pen Network. Glad you have joined us. You, having joined us, make us better. This is now your place as much as it is ours. Please don't be shy. Ask all the questions you have and don't hesitate to state your opinions. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Good luck with your project. I would make only two suggestions. 1. Use Noodler's Old Manhattan Black Ink. 2. Write for short periods of time, taking lots of breaks, and avoiding becoming tired. Maybe writing only for a few minutes each day and avoid writing on days when you feel stressed.

-David (Estie).

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

Hello, Cam, and welcome to the Fountain Pen Network. Glad you have joined us. You, having joined us, make us better. This is now your place as much as it is ours. Please don't be shy. Ask all the questions you have and don't hesitate to state your opinions. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Good luck with your project. I would make only two suggestions. 1. Use Noodler's Old Manhattan Black Ink. 2. Write for short periods of time, taking lots of breaks, and avoiding becoming tired. Maybe writing only for a few minutes each day and avoid writing on days when you feel stressed.

-David (Estie).

Thank you David! I just hope I can return the value offered to me in my projects ;-)

Noodlers black or Mass 54.

I really enjoy the Mass54. I also have a couple of other noodler inks. Great stuff!