Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Today I’m reviewing a sample of Diamine Evergreen

It’s an unusual dark green. When you write with it or swab it, it looks like a dark petrol blue, but then it dries very quickly to a dark green.

I found it had good flow and lubrication while I was writing with it. I didn’t see any spread or feathering, nor any woolly line with the Pelikan F nib. With the Lamy M nib it looks much darker, more like what you would imagine Evergreen to look like.

When I tested it on the selection of papers, it looks darker on them all than it actually came out when scanned. When I took a photo it just looked black. So I taped all of the papers down and scanned it instead.

Evergreen looks quite well saturated, especially with my M nib. It exhibited plenty of attractive shading with the F nib in the Pelikan Go! pen.

I found it behaved very well, and I like it. I didn’t experience any clogging or clean-up problems with it. In fact clean-up was very easy. It washes off hands with soap and water.

It’s a lot darker than Pelikan Dark Green, and is almost as dark as Diamine Green/Black, but is more noticeably green, and not as grey.

• This isn't sold as a waterproof ink, but it shows a little water resistance.
  • Bearing in mind the review form paper I use is thick with a quite shiny surface at 100gsm, and I used several different nibs, this ink dried very quickly with the F nib, but took longer to dry when I used my Lamy M nib.
  • No smear after dry.
  • It exhibited good flow and I found it smooth to write with. I saw no skips or hard starts while I did swabs and dry time tests.
  • It is currently available in 80ml glass bottles or 30ml plastic bottles.
  • Diamine sell it directly to end-users on their web-site.
  • It's a reasonable price.

fpn_1490625328__diamine_evergreen.jpegfpn_1490649852__diamine_evergreen_1a.jpgfpn_1490625415__diamine_evergreen_0003.j

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• lgsoltek

• T4TEXAS

• the_gasman

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the fine review. I like it. Not as much as really murky greens, but I do like it.

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club."

- Jack London

http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.png

Great review, Chris. I have no idea how I have so far failed to succumb to temptation to buy this ink.

Cheers,

David.

Thanks for the fine review. I like it. Not as much as really murky greens, but I do like it.

You're welcome. :) I like several murky greens, and this is one of them. :D

Great review, Chris. I have no idea how I have so far failed to succumb to temptation to buy this ink.

Cheers,

David.

You're welcome. :) I must admit I thought exactly the same when I started writing with it. ;)

How have I missed this ink before now?

Thanks for the review. And, well, not....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

How have I missed this ink before now?

Thanks for the review. And, well, not....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

You're welcome. :) I wondered the same thing..... :D

It looks to my eyes as a nice dark green. I also like the murkies but this doesn't look like one of them

​Thank you for the review. It's going on my wishlist.

Although I really do love the colour, this ink's not for me. At least my lot (6-7 years old but well kept) has always suffered from ignition problems.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks, I have been eyeing this for a while and have been seeing if I will move on from it before I buy (I change my mind a lot). It really is quite nice

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

It looks to my eyes as a nice dark green. I also like the murkies but this doesn't look like one of them

​Thank you for the review. It's going on my wishlist.

You're welcome. :)

Looks like a perfect Christmas ink.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.