Identification Of A 75Th Anniversary Pen

All0uette

Hi,

First post so please accept my apologies if in the incorrect spot....not sure if I should even allowed to join the Forum as I only have one pen ! :)

I was given the pen several years ago and I'm intrigued as to which particular model it is.

After reviewing several post on the site I see many posts for rose gold 'limited edition' versions, oversize etc., but nothing that seems to tally with this - which I always felt was a 'small' pen.

Hope you can help from the imaged attached,post-135628-0-56573300-1490167539_thumb.jpgpost-135628-0-48615000-1490167552_thumb.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Chrissy

• fountainpende

• zaddick

• All0uette

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

...not sure if I should even allowed to join the Forum as I only have one pen ! :)

Wellcome to the forum. And each of us has started with one pen. ;)

You don't have a "Limited Anniversary Edition 1924" in rosé gold but a "Special Anniversary Edition" in yellow gold which was produced in the year 1999 from January to December. The quantity wasn't recorded by Montblanc.

Nice pen for a start.

Edited by penparadise
Axel

Montblanc collector since 1968. Former owner of the Montblanc Boutique Bremen, retired 2007 and sold it.
Collecting Montblanc safeties, eyedroppers, lever fillers, button fillers, compressors - all from 1908 - 1929,
Montblanc ephemera and paraphernalia from 1908 to 1929,
Montblanc Meisterstück from 1924 up to the 50s,
Montblanc special and limited editions from 1991 to 2006

Hello and welcome to FPN. :W2FPN:

We can't tell exactly which model of Montblanc Meisterstuck 75th Special Anniversary Edition is it without seeing a picture of the pen without it's cap on. If it has a gold band in the centre it would be a 145 Classic model that takes cartridges or a converter. If it doesn't have a gold band in the centre, it could be either a 146 piston filler or a 147 cartridge filler :)

That's a 145 from the Special Edition 75 Years of Passion and Soul (so it is not limited in number but was only produced for one year) ... it was released in 1999 (not in 1989). The price of this Special Edition was only slightly higher than the normal edition ... I think it was 25 Euro (or so).

www.fountainpen.de - the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

logo.gif

Doh, I failed to spot the 'small pen' reference!!! :blush: So it could only be a 145 :D

The 146/7 has a bit more of a belly in the middle and the star wouldn't cover so much area ;)

The 146/7 has a bit more of a belly in the middle and the star wouldn't cover so much area ;)

Also it should be closer to 146 mm long. :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

The dimensions of this pen are close to my mid-1990s 146, at 143mm capped. Note that the butt end of the pen in the photo is not at the 0mm mark of the ruler, but at about –5mm. The cap is about 15mm wide at the triple band, which also matches my 146.

Did you all take into account the small diamond that appears to be present in the clip band?

Good eye. I missed the fact it started below 0. It still looks more like a 145 shape to me.

The diamond was in all the SE and LE pens in 1999 on the cap top band.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Did you all take into account the small diamond that appears to be present in the clip band?

Yes, all of us did. :D The diamond in the clip band denotes it as the Special Edition 75th Anniversary Passion and Soul, and we all saw it. Without it it's just a regular Montblanc Meisterstuck.

If you took the cap off and posted a picture of the pen we would know straight away which model it was. :D

I don't get it ... why is there any discussion?!

It is definitely a 145 from the "75 Years of Passion and Soul" Special edition. There is no doubt about it and its so obvious ... please do not confuse a new FPN member.

www.fountainpen.de - the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

logo.gif

Even though I can't contribute to a pen identification thread I enjoy reading them to learn how to distinguish between pens.

Hello and welcome to FPN. :W2FPN:

We can't tell exactly which model of Montblanc Meisterstuck 75th Special Anniversary Edition is it without seeing a picture of the pen without it's cap on. If it has a gold band in the centre it would be a 145 Classic model that takes cartridges or a converter. If it doesn't have a gold band in the centre, it could be either a 146 piston filler or a 147 cartridge filler :)

Thanks to everyone who shared their impressive degree of knowledge and so quickly...

Chrissy seems to be spot on. I think it must be the '145 Classic' - see additional, cap-off photo. ( also has the converter )

Thx again.

post-135628-0-79311400-1490228183_thumb.jpg