Stipula Verde Muschiatto (Musk Green)

visvamitra

Stipula Pen Company originates from Florentine, Italy and was established in 1973. Stipula is a historic term used by the ancient Romans to indicate faithfulness to an obligation. Stipula’s has accepted the obligation to its customers to produce quality pens utilizing ancient themes, designs, techniques and traditions. It sounds nice but from my limited experience with their pens it seems they doesn't really deliver what they promise.

Happily Stipula pens come with a limited lifetime warranty so the buyers are covered in case the pen fails.

Additionally there are rumors that Stipula has some problems and may cease operations. I'm not sure if it's the case but it seems their products availablility on the market (especially european) is limited and only few retailers carry their pens and inks. If anyone has some news / insights about Stipula situation I would appreciate the insights so that this review provides sound informations.

Stipula offers a line of fourteen inks sold in nice glass 2.4 oz bottles. Interesting feature of the bottles is the fact they have light polyethylene seal pushed in the neck of the bottle, visible when you unscrew the cap. The seal (is it correcy english term?) is rather hard to remove without splashing some of ink onto desk, wall, closest entourage.

fpn_1483349484__terradfisiena_b_1.jpg

The colors are:

1. Azzurro (Light Blue)
  2. Blu della Robbia (Blue)
  3. Borgogna (Red)
  4. Grigio Fumo (Fading Grey)
  5. Grigio Lava (Dark Grey)
  6. Nero (Black)
  7. Nottorno Giannutri (Dark Blue)
  8. Rose (Sweet pink)
  9. Rosso Fiorentino (Florentine Red)
  10. Terra di Siena (Brown)
  11. Verde Muschiato (Musk Green)
  12. Verde Risorgimento (Bright Green)
  13. Violet (Violet)
  14. Zafferano (Saffron)

A sample of Musk Green was sent to me by Mmg112 - thank you a lot! It's stunning ink.

The color is precisely as I like it - not for everyone I guess but for me it looks great. t's kind of a a green-brown with a touch of yellow. It has a perfect flow and there's no feathering or spreading on papers I used with it.

fpn_1489699381__muskgreen_is.jpg

Drops of ink on kitchen towel

fpn_1489699394__muskgreen_rk.jpg

Software ID

fpn_1489699435__verdemuschiatto_l_3.jpg

Color range

fpn_1489699476__verdemuschiatto_l_4.jpg

Rhodia, Przemysław Marciński Custom Pen, stub 1.1

fpn_1489699548__verdemuschiatto_rhodia_1

fpn_1489699563__verdemuschiatto_rhodia_2

fpn_1489699578__verdemuschiatto_rhodia_3

Leuchtturm 1917, Perun, Przemysław Marciński Custom Pen, stub 1.1

fpn_1489699367__verdemuschiatto_l_1.jpg

fpn_1489699419__verdemuschiatto_l_2.jpg

fpn_1489699494__verdemuschiatto_l_5.jpg

Clairefontaine Triomphe, Przemysław Marciński Custom Pen, stub 1.1

fpn_1489699512__verdemuschiatto_linen_1.

fpn_1489699530__verdemuschiatto_linen_2.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• linearM

• visvamitra

• Inkantadora

• Taverius

I have a bottle of Verde Muschiato and find the color beautiful when using a cream paper. It gives sort of an antique feel to the writing. It has proven to be a very well behaved ink. One pen I use it with is a Stipula Casa Mila and I must say the color certainly complements the color of the pen.

I hope Stipula continues to make both pens and ink. Out of curiosity I checked and found that most of the Stipula colors were out of stock on the Goblet Pens website but available on the Anderson Pens website.

Edited by linearM

Great review, this was my first "wild" ink, I find it very original. It always flows well. In pens that evaporate easily like the Lamy Vista it's in, it can come out darker and more boring, nothing a quick top up can't fix.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I've used this ink off and on over the last 4-5 years and it's always been reliable. I especially love this color. And I agree that it looks great on cream colored paper, especially Tomoe River Paper. Great review--thanks!

Nice colour! A pitty none of my regular shops sell this line.

It's available on ebay at not a bad price. If you search and select 'lowest price', a seller comes up from the US and he is selling it with reasonable P&P.

I have a bottle of Verde Muschiato and find the color beautiful when using a cream paper. It gives sort of an antique feel to the writing. It has proven to be a very well behaved ink. One pen I use it with is a Stipula Casa Mila and I must say the color certainly complements the color of the pen.

I hope Stipula continues to make both pens and ink. Out of curiosity I checked and found that most of the Stipula colors were out of stock on the Goblet Pens website but available on the Anderson Pens website.

I also searched for the Stipula Case Mila. It looks like a nice pen, but it doesn't seem to come with the option of a gold nib. :(

Thanks for the review. I have a bottle of this ink and I love it. It is a very interesting color and the ink is so well behaved.

The only European online seller that I know of to have this ink is Pen Emporium with 10€ shipping cost for Europe. They even have iron gall inks from Stipula but I haven't tried them. Here is a link:

http://www.penemporium.com/index.php?id_category=226&controller=category&id_lang=2

Thank you for the review! The color looks beautiful!

<font face= "Cursive"; font color="#8B00FF" ; font size= 3; font face="Arial"> In Instagram, I am also Inkantadora .</font><font face= "Cursive"; font color="#CC06FF" ; font size=3; font face="Arial"> I live and dream in saturated and sheening color.</font>

Thanks for the review. I have a bottle of this ink and I love it. It is a very interesting color and the ink is so well behaved.

The only European online seller that I know of to have this ink is Pen Emporium with 10€ shipping cost for Europe. They even have iron gall inks from Stipula but I haven't tried them. Here is a link:

http://www.penemporium.com/index.php?id_category=226&controller=category&id_lang=2

Thank you for saving me the hassle of looking throughout all website sites. Isn't Pen Emporium Stipula's webshop?

<font face= "Cursive"; font color="#8B00FF" ; font size= 3; font face="Arial"> In Instagram, I am also Inkantadora .</font><font face= "Cursive"; font color="#CC06FF" ; font size=3; font face="Arial"> I live and dream in saturated and sheening color.</font>

Thank you for saving me the hassle of looking throughout all website sites. Isn't Pen Emporium Stipula's webshop?

I am glad that I could help. I think so, at least they have linked from their website to Pen Emporium.

This is one green that's been on my list for a while, but I've never gotten around to obtaining. I hope Stipula sticks around, but I may have to get that bottle sooner rather than later.

Excellent review! But truthfully, this isn't a color that I would appreciate.

Edited by DrPenfection

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

The Stipula Casa Mila comes with a titanium nib and is somewhat flexible. The color is a great match for the pen.

The Stipula Casa Mila comes with a titanium nib and is somewhat flexible. The color is a great match for the pen.

I have the Stipula T-Model jotted in my list of pens with a "?". How is your experience with their flexible titanium nib?

Dare I say that it looks somewhat like Cigar?

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.