What Bottle Of Ink Did You Just Finish?

KaB

Finished another bottle of Aurora Black today. i have gone through a of Aurora Black and MB Mystery Black over the years, but can’t recall emptying a bottle of any other colors.

Hmm, never thought aboutit until now.

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KaB

• amberleadavis

• ENewton

• bayindirh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

I was just about to proudly announce that I was this close to finishing my 30ml bottle of Diamine Ancient Copper, one of my very first inks (and a favourite from day 1) - and then I ordered a 100ml bottle of it from The Writing Desk... :doh: I know the small PVC bottle still counts, but it kind of feels like a Sisyphean task now. Also, I'm hoping that my new bottle is from the same crud-free batch as the first one; the crud is harmless, but unsightly, and it slightly diminishes the perceived quality of the ink.

The other two inks that I'm confident will be emptied this year are Diamine Oxblood (down to about 50%) and Diamine Eau de Nil (still about 75% left but will be my next exclusive journalling colour; approximately 20ml are used up that way for each Midori MD A5 notebook I fill), both of which I'll be repurchasing in the 80ml glass bottle. I wish they had Oxblood in the big 100ml bottles, they would sell like hot dogs with such a popular colour.

As for the fate of the emptied PVC bottles, I'll keep them for now, stripped of their labels, to put ink in them that I want to get rid of by giving it away. Glass bottles are a big reason for my buying preference for certain brands (Sailor especially - if anyone has Sailor bottles they don't want, I'd be more than happy to take them off your hands!), and I try to buy bottles in sizes and designs that will be useful for later refilling and decanting.

Will be updating when I hit bottom!

Dominique

Snail Mail

(fluent in SK, CZ, DE, EN

currently learning EO, JP, NL)

• 2 months later...

fpn_1556960383__img_5067.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

Diamine Oxford Blue 30ml. Got 2x 80ml right afterwards.

Seeking a Parker Duofold Centennial cap top medallion/cover/decal.
My Mosaic Black Centennial MK2 lost it (used to have silver color decal).

Preferably MK2. MK3 or MK1 is also OK as long as it fits.  
Preferably EU.

• 4 weeks later...

Well it's 2 1/2 years into this fancy ink lark and I just washed out my first empty bottle, J Herbin's Rouille D'Ancre!

I thought it was going to be Scabiosa, which I'm scraping the bottom of (and which is a bigger bottle, so more ink has been used), but the "Gentleman's Pink" just pipped it.

Those two and the marvelous De Atramentis Marone (green version!) are the only inks I keep a reserve bottle of.

I am this close (imagine your two fingers held closely together here if you will) to finishing a 10mL bottle of J. Herbin's Eclat de Sapphir, which will be the first "real" bottle of ink that I have ever finished. I've been this close for many months, though, because I have so many inks that I only reach for this one rarely.

What I did actually finish up recently was my entire stock of J. Herbin Perle Noir, but that was only 12 cartridges worth, and doesn't have quite the same feeling of triumph as draining an actual bottle.

Edited by Enkida

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

I finished a 30ml bottle of Diamine Evergreen, or rather it finished me. I poured what little was left into the cap and dipped my Kanwrite Desire into it. I then noticed my hands covered in ink and a crack somewhere in the bottle or the cap. Into the trash it went, so little ink was left. I then noticed a few dark green spots on the left leg of my beige pants, and some lighter smudges on the right. I sprayed and toothbrushed some Möstenböcker's Lift Off 3, blotted with an old sock two times on the spots and left the pants sit on my washing machine until the next morning. This morning I sprayed some Shout on the already quite faded spots, and washed the pants in Tide. They came out beautifully clean and spotless! Now I need a new dark green ink.

Visconti Blue, the old glass bottle version. I bought a new (plastic) bottle and am decanting it into the old bottle as I love the old Visconti glass bottles and have one for each colour. But, the new bottle is larger than the old one.

Monteverdi Horizon Blue. Down to my last fill of Asa-gao.

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

pics please! I so enjoy the pics of a bottle that just gave it's last drop :P

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

I have almost 20 bottles of various ink of 50ml+. I haven't finished any. Must take out my pens with broad nibs and write like crazy! The Caran d'Ache Organic Brown bottle is looking promising...

• 3 weeks later...

I recently emptied an 80 ml bottle of Diamine Sherwood Green. My last fill I was unable to do so without putting it in a sample vial, after filling I have about 4 ml or so left. I have it in my Pelikan M200 Brown Marbled with an M nib at the moment.

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Well -- it's finished, but not because I used it up...

Opened my bottle of Levenger Blue Bahama to find a layer of white fuzz on the top of the ink. Goodby 45 (of 50) ml...

Haven't finished one in a while although two should be finally done within two months.

The only one recently, was the one I spilled. laugh.png

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

• 4 weeks later...

The other two inks that I'm confident will be emptied this year are Diamine Oxblood (down to about 50%) and Diamine Eau de Nil (still about 75% left but will be my next exclusive journalling colour; approximately 20ml are used up that way for each Midori MD A5 notebook I fill), both of which I'll be repurchasing in the 80ml glass bottle. I wish they had Oxblood in the big 100ml bottles, they would sell like hot dogs with such a popular colour.

Well, Diamine Eau de Nil is gone, fallen prey to some vicious mould. I first noticed a spot on the inside of a Wing Sung 601 demonstrator, then went on to sniff the bottle and was greeted by that typical greenhouse smell - down the drain it went. It's a shame, the colour is gorgeous, but I still have another teal (Sailor Jentle/Shikiori Yama-Dori) and several dozens of other inks to use up, so all in all not a terrible loss. I might get another 80ml of Eau de Nil once I'm through with the others.

Dominique

Edited by by_a_Lady

Snail Mail

(fluent in SK, CZ, DE, EN

currently learning EO, JP, NL)