What Bottle Of Ink Did You Just Finish?

KaB

It will be a long time before I can contribute meaningfully to this thread.

Meanwhile, here is one I did earlier:

post-129543-0-99646900-1512250446_thumb.jpg

It is from at least a decade ago, probably far older. I did not even remember owning any black, but I still have the bottle!

X

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KaB

• amberleadavis

• ENewton

• bayindirh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have only finished 1 bottle of ink, Edelstein Garnet, when it was the only ink I was using. It took almost a year. Now I have over 500 bottles of ink so will probably never empty another bottle. I did pour 1 bottle down the sink as it was so ugly.

I have only finished 1 bottle of ink, Edelstein Garnet, when it was the only ink I was using. It took almost a year. Now I have over 500 bottles of ink so will probably never empty another bottle. I did pour 1 bottle down the sink as it was so ugly.

fpn_1512288969__img_3384.jpg

"We are one."

– G'Kar, The Declaration of Principles

In 5 years, haven't emptied a single bottle. So many inks. Perhaps next year I'll stick with one ink and give it a go, but what will happen to my other inks if I do that 😳. So many problems this hobby has given me 😉.

In 5 years, haven't emptied a single bottle. So many inks. Perhaps next year I'll stick with one ink and give it a go, but what will happen to my other inks if I do that . So many problems this hobby has given me .

Same! I feel accomplished if I finish a sample, let alone a bottle. (Hasn't happened in over 10 years.) Lol! Well, I am dedicating Pelikan 4001 Dark Green to my Pelikan 140, sooooo perhaps in a year or so?

I'll come up with something eventually.

I used to finish bottles of Waterman Florida (Serenity) Blue, when that was the only ink I was using. Since I discovered FPN, I doubt that I will ever finish another bottle.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

In my early fountain pen days, over 20 years ago, I wrote a lot more meeting notes than now. The first bottle I emptied was MB blue black - I went through a couple of those. Then I was on Skrip Black for a while and emptied three or four of those. For a few years I bought more than a few (I still have several) bottles of vintage Quink Blue Black and emptied at least three. I've emptied a couple of vintage Waterman bottles, blue black, if I remember correctly. I've emptied a couple of Noodler's bottles, maybe as many as four. I also emptied one of the Noodler 4oz eye dropper bottles of high lighter ink (actually one and a half bottles) when I was in seminary.

It seems I'm writing less with my pens these days and I have certainly branched out in terms of ink, so the number of bottles being emptied is less. Not so true when it comes to single malt...

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

4.5 ounce bottle of Noodler's Nikita. It was my go to grading student papers ink for several years and I finally finished it.

Dave Campbell
Retired Science Teacher and Active Pen Addict
Every day is a chance to reduce my level of ignorance.

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Not completely, but almost finished Diamine Majestic Blue. It's been used as a tester ink for my new (brand-new or pre-owned) pens.

I feel ashamed to say I have never finished a single bottle. I keep buying more and then pass my older bottles on to friends. Having said that I am getting close with a bottle of Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite.

I feel ashamed to say I have never finished a single bottle. I keep buying more and then pass my older bottles on to friends. Having said that I am getting close with a bottle of Herbin 1670 Rouge Hematite.

When you start to find the colors and the inks you like, you'll keep the bottles I think. I always finish a bottle when I start it. It allows me to understand the all features and kinks of an ink.

That's said, I always find myself liking the "old" more traditional inks more, mostly because of their behavior in pens and on paper. Maybe they are boring, but they are boring in a good way. I think this is what experience means (from the producer's point of view).

I funished a 30ml bottle of Pelikan 4001 Black just yesterday. Another one in Blue Black is not far behind. I 've already purchased replacement bottles, both inks are staples for me.

J Herbin Rouge Hematite isn't finished, but the level isn't high enough for pens to suck it up with converters... Used a syringe but it's not very practical with a notoriously gunky ink. Luckily I was given one as a replacement, it might make sense to take the remains of the old one into the new one.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

I just killed a sample of Platinum Citrus Black. Does that count?

Although I am looking to decide on some inks so I can start killing off bottles myself.

If it isn't too bright for you, it isn't bright enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I am close to finishing a bottle of sailor kiwa-guro. I guess i have like 10ml left at best. That would be my first empty bottle since i started my FP frenzy 1 year ago.

• 7 months later...

I just finished my bottle of P.W. Akkerman 23 "Bekakt Haags".

In the pic you'll see I already cleaned out the bottle before: it's a nice filling system, but you can't get the last like 5ml past the marble, so I poured the last bit in an empty MB shoe. You'll see the seringe that took the last Bekakt to the Vista and the Faber-Castell.

43641145742_267a80a65f_k.jpg

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

Since this thread has been resuscitated, I'll post again since I've finished a couple bottles since I posted earlier in the thread.

I've been writing a LOT lately in journals (thousands of A5 pages) and have gone through two bottles of Sailor Rikyu Cha.

Best Regards,

greg

Don't feel bad. I'm old; I'm meh about most things.

'almost' finished Waterman Florida blue

fpn_1532902473__p1160077-3.jpg

I have one more unopened bottle of Florida blue (not Serenity) and one opened bottle of Florida at the office...

Florida just sounds better...

What is this madness called "finish" with a bottle of ink? I have never experienced this, because I keep myself in so many inks that I can avoid it with ease.

Although I'm close with my Namiki Blue. Oh-so-close...!