Water Resistant Ink

suman5492

Hi, I'm Suman from India. Please suggest me the cheap and moderate expensive ink. Colour may be blue or black, I don't mind.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• truthpil

• AL01

• Ink Stained Wretch

• suman5492

Any of the iron gall inks are superb for resisting water.

<span style='font-size: 12px;'><span style='font-family: Trebuchet MS'><span style='color: #0000ff'><strong class='bbc'>Mitch</strong></span><span style='color: #0000ff'>

=======

http://exploratorius.us

Water resistance is important to me. I do not seek protection from monsoon rains, nor explosive industrial liquids. I need my writing information to survive raindrops that fall onto my paper, and are immediately blotted dry. The writing must be readable for recopying, if needed.

My test : Write on my most common paper. Let dry for three minutes. Apply a drop of water. Blot after five seconds. Repeat, but blot after thirty seconds.

Some ink are better than others, but Pelikan 4001 Blue/Black and Royal Blue perform very well.

My favorite Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue performs poorly.

Good hunting !

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hero 232 is one of my favorite inks. It is a very good performing iron gall blue-black ink and sells very inexpensively.

Hi, I'm Suman from India. Please suggest me the cheap and moderate expensive ink. Colour may be blue or black, I don't mind.

We Are Our Ancestors’ Wildest Dreams

Namimi/Pilot Blue is water-resistant. Rohrer & Klingner Salix is waterproof; it is an iron gall dark blue.

I've been on a quest to see if I could commit all Seven Deadly Sins in a single day. Finally, it dawned on me I shouldn't try for the One Day Wonder Prize for all seven in one day. It's simply out of any question as you can't commit decent sloth while busily ticking the other six off your crowded "to do" list. -- ViolinWriter

Hero 232 is a bargain priced ink with top shelf performance.

I own the blue black and it is waterproof and a joy to use. Just wished I liked the colour more . . . you might. Good luck. :)

+1 for Hero 232 or one of its cousins (my Hero 402 Blue-Black is mostly waterproof on cheap absorbant paper and the color is gorgeous)

For a little more money, Pelikan 4001 Blue-black is also great, but can smear or fade a little when wet. Currently my favorite ink.

Edited by TruthPil

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

+1 for Hero 232 or one of its cousins (my Hero 402 Blue-Black is mostly waterproof on cheap absorbant paper and the color is gorgeous)

For a little more money, Pelikan 4001 Blue-black is also great, but can smear or fade a little when wet. Currently my favorite ink.

I have the Hero #202 and it is quite waterproof. Pictures here.

Hero #232 Blue-Black is my Waterman Florida Blue.

Your Kilometrage May Vary (#ykmv), a Philippine blawg about ink and fountain pens.

Very helpful review! I have #202 and #402 and they look identical to me. I have a feeling just the bottle is different.

Need to do a more detailed comparison when I get time...

Is it good with vintage pens? (Esterbrooks?) I know that the Noodler's ink I have only likes my Wearever Pennant!

Is it good with vintage pens? (Esterbrooks?) I know that the Noodler's ink I have only likes my Wearever Pennant!

I'm not sure about Hero 202, but 402 seems to have some iron-gall content (Pelikan 4001 Blue-black definitely has some).

However, the iron-gall amount is much lower than registrar's ink or the R&K iron-igall inks, so it seems totally safe for vintage pens, so long as you practice good pen hygiene. Flush thoroughly after each fill and never let the ink dry in the pen and you should be fine.

Rohrer & Klingner Dokumentus ink is certified to DIN ISO 12757-2. Completely waterproof. The black is very smooth and rather wet so I use it with a fine nib. Not only for writing, but I also like to draw with it. I also tried the light blue but didn't like the colour. To much green in it so a kind of turquoise and more for girls and women; not for seriaou writings.

Joop

Rohrer & Klingner Dokumentus ink is certified to DIN ISO 12757-2. Completely waterproof. The black is very smooth and rather wet so I use it with a fine nib. Not only for writing, but I also like to draw with it. I also tried the light blue but didn't like the colour. To much green in it so a kind of turquoise and more for girls and women; not for seriaou writings.

Joop

OMG!! No idea some colors are for girls and women only... :lticaptd: