$.99Usd X450

k3eax

This seller ships to the UK Chrissy and even accepts best offers :lol:

They only seem to have it in that lovely red though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Metal-Fountain-Pen-0-5mm-Nib-Business-Office-School-Student-Gift-JINHAO-X450-/262887057857?epid=602169165&hash=item3d354a29c1:g:JvsAAOSw4CFYwMUC

Ian

Thank you for the link. :) I've been going through eBay listings today to find them. :) Do they all have that same type of grip?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sodul

• bfoutch

• k3eax

• Ian the Jock

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for the link. :) I've been going through eBay listings today to find them. :) Do they all have that same type of grip?

Chrissy, it is the standard X450 grip (according to the photo). Reminds you of the Lamy grip (faceted), which forces you to hold the pen in a certain way. I normally grip my pens in this fashion, so the section does not present a problem for me.

s-l400.jpg

Chrissy, it is the standard X450 grip (according to the photo). Reminds you of the Lamy grip (faceted), which forces you to hold the pen in a certain way. I normally grip my pens in this fashion, so the section does not present a problem for me.

s-l400.jpg

Thank you for the additional information. I have a couple of Lamy Al-Stars that don't cause me a problem. I like the red. :)

I find the grip to be far, far less pronounced than the Lamy. I don't even notice that the facets are there. Granted I use a tripod grip so I am not fighting the shape, but I don't think that I would notice if I held the pen in a different way.

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

I find the grip to be far, far less pronounced than the Lamy. I don't even notice that the facets are there. Granted I use a tripod grip so I am not fighting the shape, but I don't think that I would notice if I held the pen in a different way.

That's worth knowing. Thank you. :)

Ordered 3 on July 23. They were in the mailbox today when I got home from work

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

• 6 months later...

Hi Chrissy, I don't know if you have seen my post from a few weeks ago,Ian;s wife sent me a nice email informing me of the passing of Ian suddenly a few weeks ago I have posted that several times but some people have

not as yet seen it,He and I had been penpals for quite some time and I regarded him as a Master of the internet

in the way in which he posted everyones pens,the way in which he used several inks cracked awful Scottish jokes

and just lit up the pages with his very clever way of reviewing other peoples pens and because I have been collecting Jinhao and Baoer pens for years as I used to Edit their webpages for them years ago he lusted after them and I had promised him that he would get to have first pick when I pass away I am Only 87 now I don't know why he

was in a hurry? I just loved the man and miss him heaps,sorry for the bad news about such a Gentelman.Rest in Peace. Oneill

Edited by oneill

Can I invite all FPNers to View some of Ian Roberts postings so if you look for Ian the Jock that should take you to his fantasic offerings and the ways in which he reviewed them ,he was a Master craftsman in his own right,

was definitely Scottish in the way in which he lusted after every pen that was sent to him to reflect upon. If he bought every pen that he said he liked he must have had LOTS.Trust Me, Oneill

No mention of or picture showing it comes with a converter.

Can I who has in his collection so many Jinhaos say that in my experiece all Jinhao;s and Baoer same company are ALL fitted with Convertors. And all for just a measly few dollars Trust Me,

Oneill

Edited by oneill