$.99Usd X450

k3eax

I actually received my $.81 and $1.25 x450 today from an order date of March 25, so this was relatively fast. They are pretty much identical to the other 2017 X450 pens with similar minor defects except the 1 of '18 kip' on the nibs seems more pronounced and the nibs, while writing, will nid a little adjusting. The $0.81 one needs alignment, but is mostly scratchy in reverse. The nib on the $1.25 pen is a little too wide open (I can see light through the very tip with the naked eye). Still a great buy, it should not take me more than 10 min to tune the pens before I can gift them.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sodul

• bfoutch

• k3eax

• Ian the Jock

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The $0.99 Jinhao X450 is also available from this ebay seller. I ordered 2 on March 31st and they arrived today, 10 days later (California). They have the old style nib imprint and bright gold plating. Very nice! Quick delivery and easy USPS tracking. I do not see any order limit, but have not attempted a re-order. The nibs are both standard, straight style, although the word 'brush' in the description and one of the photos in the listing led me to think they might have been fude style, bent nibs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Womens-Students-Collectable-Vintage-Fountain-Pen-Fine-Brush-Ink-Writing-/132141705129?hash=item1ec44267a9:g:k7sAAOSwTM5Y2w68

The $0.99 Jinhao X450 is also available from this ebay seller. I ordered 2 on March 31st and they arrived today, 10 days later (California). They have the old style nib imprint and bright gold plating. Very nice! Quick delivery and easy USPS tracking. I do not see any order limit, but have not attempted a re-order. The nibs are both standard, straight style, although the word 'brush' in the description and one of the photos in the listing led me to think they might have been fude style, bent nibs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Womens-Students-Collectable-Vintage-Fountain-Pen-Fine-Brush-Ink-Writing-/132141705129?hash=item1ec44267a9:g:k7sAAOSwTM5Y2w68

I almost bought 2 more and managed to show some restraint and only got 1.

You can actually only purchase 3. Great deal

"Restraint" Such a nice word. Not one I use much when buying these inexpensive pens, but a nice word nonetheless... :D

• 3 months later...

Today I received another $.99 2017 Jinhao X450 and the nib imprint is much better than the previous ones I received a month ago. Seems QC is improving. Will give this one away soon.

post-130799-0-81361500-1500771801_thumb.jpg

Thanks, i just bought one. i got a little confused as i decided to purchase 4 but there was a limit of one per customer, which is fine. Thanks for the update I am thrilled with my Jinhao's and my Baoers and my Dakiwen and my Lambitou and my Duke and I await some lovelies in the mail

Thank GOD someone is thrilled,there are some who will never be thrilled regardless of how little they pay for a very good pen.

Thank GOD someone is thrilled,there are some who will never be thrilled regardless of how little they pay for a very good pen.

Agreed.

The Jinhaos et Al represent incredible value for money, but some folks are just never happy.

Ian

I'm actually quite tempted to try one. :)

Go for it Chrissy, at $0.99 what is there to lose? Apart from the $0.99 of course, but that wouldn't even buy a cup of tea.

Ian

Go for it Chrissy, at $0.99 what is there to lose? Apart from the $0.99 of course, but that wouldn't even buy a cup of tea.

Ian

Don't ship to UK. I would have to wait a couple of weeks until I can select US shipping.

This seller ships to the UK Chrissy and even accepts best offers :lol:

They only seem to have it in that lovely red though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Metal-Fountain-Pen-0-5mm-Nib-Business-Office-School-Student-Gift-JINHAO-X450-/262887057857?epid=602169165&hash=item3d354a29c1:g:JvsAAOSw4CFYwMUC

Ian

Shipping is free to the UK.

I bought one this afternoon.

Ian

Ian,

The UK gets all the good deals! ;) You had me all ready to hit the buy button until I saw the crazy shipping fee for US delivery. I have one of these and really like this color of the X450. It is quite elegant looking. Lucky you to get one for just $.99

Bruce

Hahaha

It only cost me $0.77

So an even bigger bargain.

Ian