$.99Usd X450

k3eax

What would be the average time for this pen to arrive at a US address? The tracking on this shipment is not working! :wacko:

At that price, shipping won't work. I always assume the number is fictitious.

Assume a month, and if it's less, you're happy.

Regards

Richard.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sodul

• bfoutch

• k3eax

• Ian the Jock

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The offer from insteadnow seems to have expired .

When trying to buy (one piece), I get the message: This item isn't available in the requested quantity. It may have been purchased already, or the listing has expired.

Yes. I get the same message from two sellers, when I try to buy one. I have not bought from either since July. Emailed both. They didn't understand what I was talking about. Such annoyances are part of the hazard of international, online buying. I'll get a couple from other sources, later.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

I just received 2 JinHao pens from China this morning. One was ordered on February 17, the other one on the 21st. I also ordered 3 pens on Feb 23rd that were delivered on March 6. So usually expect 2 to 6 weeks, 4 weeks being the most common. Sometimes it can take a while to clear the international center. In a rare case where tracking actually worked, had pens take 4 days to reach my house after landing in San Francisco, 45 Miles away. I also had seller telling me they ran out of stock, a day *after* I was emailed that the item was shipped with a tracking number, so do not trust the shipping emails and you cannot know the item has shipped until you have tracking confirmation that the package has moved.

The pens are still $0.99 but shipping is $3 or more now. The deal is dead, RIP.

Edited by sodul

For $0,99 + $3,99 shipping this is now a rather poor offer, you can easly find X450's on ebay for $3 or less with free shipping...

What would be the average time for this pen to arrive at a US address? The tracking on this shipment is not working! :wacko:

I finally got a message from the AfterShip app with a message in Chinese that Google translates as: "Express logistics branch of the South International Investment Department". :lticaptd:

fpn_1490212379__img_4561.jpg

I think it's almost over. Inflation sets in and the government subsidies of the shipping costs will end soon.

It has been fun.

Just checked again after clearing browser cache and both links show free shipping. I am in the US, so maybe it is a US thing only.

Just checked again after clearing browser cache and both links show free shipping. I am in the US, so maybe it is a US thing only.

The free shipping seem to come back and forth on the two ads. The three I ordered seem to be in the system so I can expect them to be delivered within 5 weeks. And yes eBay will not let me buy more of them as others have reported.

As I understand, they dispatch only full containers. Size of the container is anybody's guess. My experience of delivery time to the US two to ten weeks. Sometimes, the container is still in China

three weeks after purchase. Best time for a 10-pack of HERO 266 pens was eleven days.

Not customer friendly ! What are you going to do, boycott the PRC government ? Be patient !

If you buy one, you won't be able to ship it to the next town, in your country for 99¢. If you want to give it, have seller ship it directly to gift recipient. Just change the shipping name and address.

There is a teacher in Maryland, who would love having them for his students.

I finally got a message from the AfterShip app with a message in Chinese that Google translates as: "Express logistics branch of the South International Investment Department". :lticaptd:

fpn_1490212379__img_4561.jpg

Carlos this is the latest tracking info on the item as of 3/24/17 at 10:12 PM CST. It could take another 2 weeks before hitting your mailbox. Don't forget the time of processing once it arrives in the States (anywhere from 3-5 business days). As of yesterday it is being processed for shipment through their mail service. Don't worry - the pen is on its way. :)

The LK tracking #'s always show up on the USPS website once the pkg is accepted and the tracking # processed through the system.
Tracking Number: LK188676992CN

pre-shipment

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
  • First-Class Package International Service
Features:
  • Small Packet
Date & Time
Status of Item

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

March 23, 2017 , 12:32 am

Processed Through Facility

FUZHOU EMS, CHINA

March 22, 2017 , 5:41 pm

Acceptance

CHINA

The way I cope with the long shipping times from China is by buying cheap items through the week, and then I get a new packet in the mail almost every day. It still cheaper than getting coffee from Starbucks every day and it lasts longer.

Carlos this is the latest tracking info on the item as of 3/24/17 at 10:12 PM CST. It could take another 2 weeks before hitting your mailbox. Don't forget the time of processing once it arrives in the States (anywhere from 3-5 business days). As of yesterday it is being processed for shipment through their mail service. Don't worry - the pen is on its way. :)

The LK tracking #'s always show up on the USPS website once the pkg is accepted and the tracking # processed through the system.
Tracking Number: LK188676992CN

pre-shipment

Product & Tracking Information
Postal Product:
  • First-Class Package International Service
Features:
  • Small Packet
Date & Time
Status of Item

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

We have received notice that the originating post is preparing to dispatch this mail piece.

March 23, 2017 , 12:32 am

Processed Through Facility

FUZHOU EMS, CHINA

March 22, 2017 , 5:41 pm

Acceptance

CHINA

Thank you! I knew it was going to take a long time so no worries there. :thumbup:

I did, however, find the Google translation most amusing. ;)

Today, I received the two I purchased on March 14. They are indeed branded with "Jinhao" and "X450". Both came with converters with Jinhao-branded converters and all parts seem interchangeable with the other X450s I own. They have the fire hose worthy, two channel feeds that are standard on X450s and X750s.

One on of mine, the "1" in "18K GP" that is on the nib is partially missing. That is the only blemish and/or difference from my existing X450s, that I found. I have not had a chance to ink them yet.

I hope everyone else gets theirs soon. This is one of the fastest packages I've received from China.

I received the 2 pack today and have similar feedback but will post pictures and a writing sample, with comparison to the X450 I received 12 months ago.

The gold accents are a lighter color on the new ones, except not he nib where it is a little darker.

On the new ones the cap band has JinHao X450 engraved, while there is no engraving on the old model.

The mate paint on the new one is more mate and more textured, I like it.

The cap is heavier by 3g on the new one.

The new one case the newer converter that I received with 599s in recent weeks. The rubber ring is 3 thin rings instead of a large one. The JinHao lettering is similar to MontBlanc's, and the piston threads are larger.

The nib is the biggest difference, the gold tones are actually a little darker, not visible in pictures. The pattern is the same but the JinHao lettering is smaller and similar to MontBlanc's as well. The 1 for 18 is also barely visible.

I put a cartridge in one of them and after 5s it was writing, very very smoothly. The biggest surprise is that this nib can flex, a lot more than the old nib, with less pressure. Unfortunately I tried to flex after removing the ink, but I'll try again tonight.

I don't believe these are fakes, but rather 2017 models with upgrades, improvements. If this new nibs are going to be good flexers, then I hope we'll find the new nibs for sale on eBay because I'll want them in all my JinHao pens!

I also received my order today. I was lucky to place 3 orders before being shut out. All are in perfect condition and, just as sodul said, seem to be the most current version of these Jinhao X450 pens. I do like the newly designed converter. I'll try writing with them later, but the nibs look fine and I do not anticipate any issues. So far, I am very happy with these. :D

Edit - the nib imprint is not done well. Not deep enough. Hope Jinhao corrects this in future. The nib is otherwise fine. But, hey, the were only $0.99 after all.

post-130799-0-48890400-1490832454_thumb.jpg

Edited by bfoutch

As promised here are pictures of the 2016 and 2107 model:

fpn_1490834944__img_7425.jpg

The 2016 has no engraving on the cap band, and nothing to indicate it is a X450. Jinhao is only on the nib and converter.

The 2017 has Jinhao and X450 very nicely engraved on the cap band. You can notice on the pictures how the gold tone is lighter on the newer model.

fpn_1490835141__img_7426.jpg

Not very clear is that the section is more mate on the 2017 model. On the nib the pattern is still the same but the chariot is less detailed, not as sharp. The Jinhao name is smaller and in a more modern font. The 1 of 18kgp is barely visible. My guess is that they need to tune their stamping machine to get the missing details back and the nibs in the later weeks might be stamped better. This has zero impact on performance of course.

Side by side of 2016 converter (top) and 2017 converter (bottom). Ink capacity is actually improved by a few drops now that the 'cone' is gone, but that's negligible.

fpn_1490836220__img_7427.jpg

Flex of 2016 model:

fpn_1490836254__img_7432.jpg

Flex of 2017 model:

fpn_1490836278__img_7434.jpg

And my french vintage Waterman's:

fpn_1490836324__img_7431.jpg

Writing sample on Rhodia dotpad. I do not usually flex write and excuse the smudges:

fpn_1490836356__img_2577.jpg

The Waterman's gold nib is much nicer to flex with and the line variation is much more pronounced because it is EF (if not EEF) when not flexed. The Jinhao nibs put a lot more ink down than the Waterman's when flexing and pretty much floods the paper including on the thinner line that follows. The 2017 nib does not seem to flex much more than the 2016 one, but it flexes with less pressure which makes it easier to use. It did railroad a bit but I have not flushed it yet and the converter was low on ink. I've added the strokes check to validated that the nibs did not write broader after flexing. The same flex yes ton cheaper Ampad GoldFiber paper looked fine with the waterman's but pretty bad with the Jinhao nibs that had huge amounts of feathering and bleed through.

I have never had a 'true' flex nib such as the Waterman's 52 in my hands but that 18CT #3 Gold nib is much much nicer to flex with than the Jinhao nibs. The Jinhao nibs also have a higher risk of writing broader and wetter after flexing.

Edited by sodul