• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• visvamitra

• Astronymus

• Mercian

• Uncial

Perhaps the higher price is for the pen box.

That's a nice box, though I wouldn't pay that much for it.

Yes nice box indeed...but neglected nib...a BIG mistake by Lamy.. :bawl:

Looking at this and the 50th anniversary 2000, they do seem lazy upgrades. Almost as if the company has been sold to a hedge fund who just want to milk it.

Come on Lamy, your reputation is built on good, honest, well engineered pens. Get back there before you lose your following.

Spot on review.

I have at least one Lamy 2000 running with a Nakaya for back up.

For my birthday, I was given a Lx Palladium. The nib was terrible. Scratchy with terrible ink flow.

The Amber is simply ridiculous - but that is for another post topic.

inkstainedruth

Thanks for the review. I like this color best of the LX pens, but not enough to justify the extra price.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

totally agree, I think what lamy is trying to do is to create another line of pens to make you believe they are "Special" and more unique than what you usually see. They are good pens in my opinion but sometimes it can be a little bit disappointing when there is no much difference. And the first example to that is Lamy 2000 black amber.

On Current Use: Montblanc 147 LeGrand Traveler burgundy 14K M | Montblanc Rouge et Noir 14K M | Visconti Rembrandt blue (M) | Waterman expert 3 |NOODLER'S Ahab Flex | Lamy Joy 1.1 stub|.

Thank for for an excellent review. It was also most useful in confirming my suspicion that this is a model to avoid.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is a fantastic review with great photos - thank you. I am a Safari lover and contemplated starting a collection of the Lx line before they produced too many for me to catch up with, but I secretly harboured all the doubts that you have stated in your review and I am so glad to have read this. I am now convinced to leave the Lx line alone. Thank you.