• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• Tas

• juulz

• Inkantadora

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm so jealous of the good weather you all seem to have!

The photos I posted were taken in July 2016. But they were nice days. Cecret Lake, late afternoon after work. HOT day. The others early on a Saturday morning.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

We are having nice weather. The dry season has begun, but we've had a little rain anyway, almost every other day. And I for one do like that...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Well, to make up for being late the last couple of weeks, I'm getting stuff uploaded *early*. But of course *next* week I won't have internet access for about a week and a half. So I will be late again for week 11 and possibly week 12....

It was hard to figure out how to best represent where I live: Pittsburgh is pretty unique geographically, historically, and culturally (I don't think there are inks out there to represent perogies, O's fries, or Primanti's sandwiches :P). So I thought about what BEST represents the region....

fpn_1489016930__ink_of_the_week_101.jpg

fpn_1489016992__ink_of_the_week_102.jpg

Enjoy!

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

@ Tas -- I dunno. I've got a couple of bottles of Microfilm Black that I picked up in antiques stores -- this bottle looks more black (although with a brownish undertone), though; the other bottle seems to be more of a blue-black, so I'm wondering if it got reconstituted. Vintage Quink Violet, OTOH -- I got extremely lucky and scored an 8 oz. bottle on eBay a few years ago. I go between wanting to hoard it forever ("Mine, I tells ya! It's MINE!") and wanting to use it (it was very nice in the Laidtone Duofold with a OF semi-flex nib, IIRC...).

@ Lgoltek -- It's funny. I tried it at a pen club meeting and liked it enough to get a sample. Then I didn't like it. But it was all I had (I'd already used KWZI Old Gold). And in that pen, and on that paper, I like it again....

I also used it for this week's QotW but didn't get that uploaded to that thread till about 10:30 last night:

fpn_1489031783__qotw_10_v3.jpg

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

@ Tas -- I dunno. I've got a couple of bottles of Microfilm Black that I picked up in antiques stores -- this bottle looks more black (although with a brownish undertone), though; the other bottle seems to be more of a blue-black, so I'm wondering if it got reconstituted. Vintage Quink Violet, OTOH -- I got extremely lucky and scored an 8 oz. bottle on eBay a few years ago. I go between wanting to hoard it forever ("Mine, I tells ya! It's MINE!") and wanting to use it (it was very nice in the Laidtone Duofold with a OF semi-flex nib, IIRC...).

@ Lgoltek -- It's funny. I tried it at a pen club meeting and liked it enough to get a sample. Then I didn't like it. But it was all I had (I'd already used KWZI Old Gold). And in that pen, and on that paper, I like it again....

I also used it for this week's QotW but didn't get that uploaded to that thread till about 10:30 last night:

fpn_1489031783__qotw_10_v3.jpg

Oooh... Great Quote!!!

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Here is my attempt to show a summer view from the cottage house terrace, Northern part of Adriatic sea.

(winter on the continent is all about grey)

Sherwood Green for the evergreen oak, CP Deep Dark Blue for the sea, CP Deep Dark Red on the roof, and Tsuki-yo on the sky (ok, and more or less water everywhere!)

fpn_1489264736__img_0131.jpg

Edited by MsRedpen

LETTER EXCHANGE PARTICIPANT

I wrote this on Monday and it's only at 1am on Sunday that I managed to post... but here it is!

post-134361-0-68064400-1489278306_thumb.jpg

post-134361-0-78665700-1489278316_thumb.jpg

<font face= "Cursive"; font color="#8B00FF" ; font size= 3; font face="Arial"> In Instagram, I am also Inkantadora .</font><font face= "Cursive"; font color="#CC06FF" ; font size=3; font face="Arial"> I live and dream in saturated and sheening color.</font>

I wrote this on Monday and it's only at 1am on Sunday that I managed to post... but here it is!

You caught the glitter so nicely in the picture! I now need this ink!

Running late this week --

fpn_1489305466__52weeks-10.jpeg

The place referred to is this --

fpn_1489305620__papuanbarrierreefscaled.

Paste this - 9°34'57.16" S 147°17'31.59" E - into the search box of Google Earth (you may have to zoom out a bit).

The bit in the bottom right hand corner is where my left elbow nearly had a fatal encounter with a Lion fish. (The rest of me would have survived, but my elbow would have wanted to die and fall off...)

Edited by dcwaites

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

You caught the glitter so nicely in the picture! I now need this ink!

Right now I only have a sample which is fully filling up my TWSBI ECO. When I run out, I will go buy the bottle to sit nicely next to my Émeraude de Chivor. Love it so much!

<font face= "Cursive"; font color="#8B00FF" ; font size= 3; font face="Arial"> In Instagram, I am also Inkantadora .</font><font face= "Cursive"; font color="#CC06FF" ; font size=3; font face="Arial"> I live and dream in saturated and sheening color.</font>

Running late this week --

fpn_1489305466__52weeks-10.jpeg

The place referred to is this --

fpn_1489305620__papuanbarrierreefscaled.

Paste this - 9°34'57.16" S 147°17'31.59" E - into the search box of Google Earth (you may have to zoom out a bit).

The bit in the bottom right hand corner is where my left elbow nearly had a fatal encounter with a Lion fish. (The rest of me would have survived, but my elbow would have wanted to die and fall off...)

Thank you for feeding my dream to go to Australia! Just spent some more time ogling at the map! You are very lucky to live in such an adventurous place! Thank you for sharing!

I'm not saying that London is always grey but filling a pen with Callifolio Gris De Payne when I'm heading into town for fun allows a sketch to be either bright or gloomy whilst using the same colour.
(thanks again migo984)

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_week_10_gris_de_payne.jpg

Pen: Parker 45 F nib.
Paper: Cass Art 300gsm Watercolour
Entrance to 203 Eversholt Street, London
(I don't live there though)

Edited by Tas

I'm not saying that London is always grey but filling a pen with Callifolio Gris De Payne when I'm heading into town for fun allows a sketch to be either bright or gloomy whilst using the same colour.

(thanks again migo984)

http://www.taskyprianou.com/fpn_week_10_gris_de_payne.jpg

Pen: Parker 45 F nib.

Paper: Cass Art 300gsm Watercolour

Entrance to 203 Eversholt Street, London

(I don't live there though)

I actually looked up where that is. :D

Nice drawing! Someday I must have one of your sketches!