Remove Cap Liner On Faber-Castell Ambition, Maybe Disassemble Clip Spring For Cleaning.

I took my Faber-Castell Ambition on an airplane, and despite the Faber-Castell website stating "You do not need to worry about traveling by air with Faber-Castell fountain pens." it leaked a bunch of ink.

Part 1: Cap liner

The ink has gotten itself in between the metal cap and the plastic cap liner, and, I believe, into the spring mechanism at the end of the cap. If it's possible to do non-destructively, I'd like to remove the cap liner and clean the interior of the cap. Google's not turning up any tricks, and I haven't figured out how to pull it out myself. Does anyone know if there's a way to get the cap liner out, clean it, and put it back?

Part 2: Clip spring mechanism.

Ink is leaking around the clip, (which is sprung), and through the end of the cap. Is it possible to remove the spring mechanism without destroying it so I can get it cleaned up? I can't see any way to make it happen, especially with the cap liner still in the cap, but it was put together, so there must be a way to take it apart!

Thanks!

- John

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jbeales

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days