Safari Savannah Green Barrel Imprint

jungkind

post-141734-0-14685800-1519141559.jpgHi,

Here are some more:

2 have the insignia from Fairsky oceanliner (the ship was decommissioned in 1980), and 2 have the insignia from San Diego Zoo. Are these valuable with an inscription? These may be the only ones in existence with this inscription???

The 3 pens on top look like a later model, they are shiny. Are these any good?

Thanks!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lamypens

• jungkind

• christof

• Astronymus

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The thing with logos and inscriptions is, that they usually lower the price. UNLESS you find an aficionado for THAT company bidding on your sale.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Agree with RMN, but with a twist... With as many of the rainbow as I have, the three main matte plain's ever missing, and no budget to go wild, I just don't even look anymore.

But, an option to collecting is also 'telling the story of", so after the basic Safari rainbow, I would like to add an Apple, an oblique advertising piece, and out of country sale, like Line to represent what Lamy produced in Safari as a whole.

depends on How the award was written. All colors, All LE's, All from from year of design, including prototypes, and All from everywhere.

Oops, and in sets,, and with original boxes, or blisters.

.... I threw some away years ago because I thought they were so ugly....

Because they were the first ones. You threw away some hundreds in cash.

Yes, but this is why they are that rare nowadays :)

c.

Thank you for sharing the link. Quite interesting.

Just one thing: originally, the two color versions were called be Lamy:

Savanna-Green and Terra-Red.

And yes, these boxes are cool. I have one as well:

23549386530_2cb9dc4278_h.jpg

C.

I like that color. Time to sell the less wanted stuff.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

• 3 weeks later...

The marked ones I have heart of, were all sold in the US. My theory is that they were specifically marked, maybe for legal reasons, to be sold in the US. Remember that the early ones do not have GERMANY on the barreltop, therefore they did not have any indication where they were manufactured.

• 4 weeks later...

post-141734-0-32082300-1522775253_thumb.jpgpost-141734-0-71629000-1522775288_thumb.jpg

Well I found even more of these Safari pens. I thought you might enjoy seeing part of the 1st Lamy 24 page brochure created for the only USA LAMY exclusive seller in 1980. This is the first ever brochure produced that features the new SAFARIs from 1980. In addition every LAMY pen pencil, parts, refills, etc is listed in this wonderful 1980 brochure. Really nice pictures throughout.

Note that the SAFARIs were first offered in the USA with these 4 colors - Matte Black, Terra Red, Safari Green, and White. The fountain pens were sold for $20 each.

I'm not going to post any more pen pictures because I am always told I am doing the wrong thing on this forum.

Have fun!!!

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old topic but i stumbled upon a savannah green without the germany imprint on the barrel and neither the end of the barre. Is this legit?

The early Safaris do not have any indication where they are manufactured. No GERMANY imprint whatsoever

Yeah I've read up on the Safari thread with this information. I indeed have the first generation Safari with no imprint. It is like new. Lucky me :)

• 3 weeks later...

attachicon.gif DSCN5126 (2).JPGattachicon.gif DSCN5127 (2).JPG

Well I found even more of these Safari pens. I thought you might enjoy seeing part of the 1st Lamy 24 page brochure created for the only USA LAMY exclusive seller in 1980. This is the first ever brochure produced that features the new SAFARIs from 1980. In addition every LAMY pen pencil, parts, refills, etc is listed in this wonderful 1980 brochure. Really nice pictures throughout.

Note that the SAFARIs were first offered in the USA with these 4 colors - Matte Black, Terra Red, Safari Green, and White. The fountain pens were sold for $20 each.

I'm not going to post any more pen pictures because I am always told I am doing the wrong thing on this forum.

Have fun!!!

This is indeed interesting. Thanks for posting. My knowledge was that only savanna and terra were offered in 1980 and the other colors came later. Just a question: how can you be sure that the brochure is from 1980?

Thanks again.

C.

edit: I only see now that this post was from 2018...

Edited by christof

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have any clue who the user “LamyPens” was please? Or how I can contact them? I’ve tried the private messaging here but no response. The user has not logged into FPN since 2018. Any ideas perhaps from another forum? Has anyone seen these pens sold elsewhere? Would be grateful for any help please. Thanks, Chris