Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Robert Oster Signature Ink Grun Schwarz

da vinci

With apologies, this is something of a quick and dirty review. I like my inks not to sheen and to be dark, preferably black with a nint of [purple/red/blue/green etc] for use in a professional environment without "raising eyebrows" :)

I particularly like dark greens, and read the reviews of this colour avidly.

For full disclosure I was given a bottle of Robert Oster Signature Ink in the Grun Schwarz colour by Mr Kirit Dal, who is a seller of Aurora Pens, at the South West Pen Show in the UK earlier this month to try as an alternative to my usual Aurora Black. There are many other distributors of this ink.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af344/996nick2009/Fountain%20Pens/image_zpscphgzfir.jpeg

The above writing sample was written with an MB Woolf with a medium nib on a spare page from my Tomoe River papered Hobonichi Planner in Cousin format from 2016.

I am delighted with the colour, comparing favourably, to my eye at least, to Diamine Green Black and Sailor Miurai inks of which I have a bottle.

The ink flows well, is saturated (I am not fussed on shading either), and seems relatively wet.

Overall, I am looking forward to using this ink.

I am slightly sceptical of the new generation of inks, one of my principal criteria for buying ink being the lack of risk of staining and the easiness to flush a pen after use. I haven't been able to subject the pen with which this ink is filled to either test yet.

I hope this short review will prove useful to others searching for dark greens! :)

Edited by da vinci
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mmg122

• namrehsnoom

• yagankiely

• da vinci

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for the review.

<font face= "Cursive"; font color="#8B00FF" ; font size= 3; font face="Arial"> In Instagram, I am also Inkantadora .</font><font face= "Cursive"; font color="#CC06FF" ; font size=3; font face="Arial"> I live and dream in saturated and sheening color.</font>

I have it and I like it. I didn't notice any disturbing things. It is wet, well behaved ink but... I'm using it for now only in Lamy with stub (at least for a month)

I'll try it in others pen, hope soon, then I could tell more ;)

Thanks for your take on the ink. I also really like it, but had no similar green-black to compare it too. Glad that it can hold its own compared to the competition.

Short question : is it similar to Diamine Green Black ? If it is - I might get a bottle of the latter, and do an ink shoot-out to compare them in detail.

If anyone has some of the old Robert Oster 'Black' from when he was selling his inks exclusively from his eBay store (early 2016), this is the same ink!