Decimo In Other Colors

kronos77

Most US stores sell the Decimo in black, red, Champage light blue, and light purple. I have seen the Decimo for sale in dark blue and white on ebay. Are these colors not available in the US? is ebay the only way to get them?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ashram

• kronos77

• essayfaire

• Cryptos

The Decimo is currently available in eight colors: Dark Blue Mica, Dark Gray Mica, Pearl White, Champagne Pink, Black, Red, Light Blue, and Violet. (There was a ninth Harvest Yellow color, but it has been discontinued.) You can get the first four colors easily through Japanese retailers who sell them on eBay, but they're not available in the states.

Here's the link to the Decimo page on the Pilot web site:

http://www.pilot.co.jp/products/pen/fountain/fountain/caplessdecimo/

Pilot also made sparkly blue and sparkly red color Decimo pens when it test-marketed them in Japan and the USA in 2009, but those colors weren't part of the regular production line, and they're hard to find nowadays.
Related to the Decimo, Pilot also test-marketed a pen called the "Sesenta" in Japan in 2007, which was essentially the same pen as the Decimo.
They came in three colors, marbled brown, marbled red, and marbled green. The marbling pattern is similar to the 2012 Limited Edition Vanishing Point pen.
The production was extremely limited -- they made 400 in the brown color, and 100 each in the red and green colors.

Scientia potentia est.

Jet pens caries the white & blue pens, I wound up ordering both through Ebay because the pricing was better.

Having ordered the Red from the US they come in different packaging and different converter/cartridge combinations. My red came with a blue cart & Con 50, White & Blue came with an empty Cartridge, black cart, and Con 40. I somewhat like the Con 40s better for that pen, you only get a 1-2 mm ink window with the Con 50, the Con 40 gives you enough of a window to judge ink level more accurately.

I've seen light blue, purple and white most often at US retailers, and seen those and dark grey ones on eBay. Never saw any of the other colors listed for Decimos.

At first I thought I wanted either the light blue or the purple. But now I'm rethinking that, after seeing the grey -- it's a more neutral color and a more, well, professional looking one.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Does Jet Pens deal in grey market merchandise? I was thinking that Pilot just doesn't make some colors available in the US. Is it likely based on past experience that the other colors will be available soon? I was hoping to buy the Decimo from a US retailer that will check and adjust the pen before shipping but I was told today by an employee there that the colors I want are not available in the US at this time.

You can also get the pearl, grey and dark blue on Amazon from Japanese sellers, at a pretty good price too (I've been informed that these ARE the 18k nibs, not the alloy ones.) I'm waiting for a blue one now :)

With the Japanese makers, the pens come in more colors than you think.

This is a Decimo. Check out my LA show report later when I put up Saturday and I'll have a funny story about this pen.

32190356583_6dd2e3318f_c.jpg

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

Pity they are not available outside of Japan (shows excepted of course). I have one Decimo that I really find useful at work. Often thought about buying a second, or a VP, but the colour options are so limited - and obviously don't impact on function (except the red one goes faster, natch).

This is a Decimo. Check out my LA show report later when I put up Saturday and I'll have a funny story about this pen.

Wow, that's nice looking. I guess I'm going to have to be going to more pen shows....

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I've seen light blue, purple and white most often at US retailers, and seen those and dark grey ones on eBay. Never saw any of the other colors listed for Decimos.

At first I thought I wanted either the light blue or the purple. But now I'm rethinking that, after seeing the grey -- it's a more neutral color and a more, well, professional looking one.

I must agree, as mine is grey :)

One pen roll, two pen rolls, three pen rolls ... So many pen rolls ! Do you want one ?

my tiny shop is open and you can have a closer look on my website to see my cotton (and sometimes silk) OOAK penrolls.

OOOOOOOh.

On a side note, I hope y'all really enjoy and appreciate the heck out of those pen shows. I don't think there's ever been such a thing in New Zealand.

i have a harvest yellow decimo thats not being shown on the pilot website now

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

Who was selling that gorgeous Decimo at the LA pen show?? I prefer the Decimo to the standard Capless, but I did have to buy the LE Twilight. If they started selling LE Decimos, they would have a consistent buyer in me.

Those were a special edition sold exclusively by Bung Box Japan ( http://bung-box.com/ ). When they're in stock, you can buy then directly from the web site.

Mike Masuyama ( http://www.mikeitwork.com/ ) had brought a couple of them with him to the show, and sold them to people he knew.

Edited by rutherfordr

Scientia potentia est.

Who was selling that gorgeous Decimo at the LA pen show?? I prefer the Decimo to the standard Capless, but I did have to buy the LE Twilight. If they started selling LE Decimos, they would have a consistent buyer in me.

Here's the video to go with the picture.

https://youtu.be/J1CMCFdKRIk

2020 San Francisco Pen Show
August 28-30th, 2020
Pullman Hotel San Francisco Bay
223 Twin Dolphin Drive
Redwood City Ca, 94065

In Japan there are a ton of different limited edition Decimos in many colors. Here are a few from my collection. All except the 2 orange Bungubox pens on the right are Decimo size.

http://i.imgur.com/LWGtYG7.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Bftqofd.png