Sailor Style Dee Delta Doujima Ryokkin

white_lotus

Sailor Style Dee Delta “Water City” Doujima Ryokkin (Doujima Green-gold)

Recently one of our Japanese FPN members pointed out some Sailor bespoke inks from a shop called STYLE DEE in Osaka with a brand called DELTA Original Ink. I was confused because there is also an Italian pen maker called Delta with a few inks available. But these are real Sailor inks. The inks seem to go along with an inexpensive demonstrator pen ¥4,300, and unfortunately I didn’t put one in my shopping cart.

There were originally four inks, based on the seasons of Osaka.

“Water City” Umeda Yasei (Umeda Night Blue, a deep blue, perhaps a blue-violet)

“Water City” Doujima Ryokkin (Doujima Green-gold)

“Water City” Nakanoshima Shunryoku (Nakanoshima spring green)

“Mizuho” Kitashinchi Beniya (Kitashinchi Red Sea, a burgundy or wine hue)

The two latest inks released August 2016 are

“Water City” Sonezaki Teuteu (Sonezaki Orange, a burnt orange)

“Water City” Tsuyuten Murashime (Purple Rain, a purple or violet)

Recently I was able to obtain three of these inks: the burnt orange, the purple, and the green-gold. I was very lucky with the Doujima as the shop said this ink was sold out, but when the purchaser went to buy the inks, there was one available. I don’t know the availability of the earlier inks, so there’s no guarantee that any of them are available, but I think the two latest inks released may be available.

These inks are the same price as other standard Sailor bespoke inks at ¥2,160 per bottle, which is about $19.10 US as of today (2/11/2017). This price doesn't include shipping to the destination or any charges incurred using a forwarding service. Each person is limited to purchasing one bottle of each ink.

This is yet another murky green. It seems to me one of the murkiest greens. I don't have every murky green ink, but this one is quite greyed down, more so than KWZI Green Gold. In a way it's somewhat like KN Tanna japonesis, but more greyed than that. Maybe this isn't a color that many would like, but it is pretty good to me. But I'm not the Mother of Murk, so this isn't a definitive statement.

The ink didn't exhibit hard starts, etc. It's not water resistant. It didn't like the inkjet paper that much, at least it wasn't very interesting there, losing much of its good qualities. No staining on the barrel of the Pelikan observed. In Japan this ink may be available. Outside Japan, it may be obtainable, but the cost and effort will deter most. There are many murky green inks available, often at reasonable prices.

Pen: Pelikan M400 (F)

Papers: MvL=Mohawk via Linen, TR=Tomoe River, Hij=Hammermill 28 lb inkjet, Rhodia=Rhodia 90g ivory.

Camera: iPhone 7

fpn_1486865151__img_5065.jpg

fpn_1486865181__img_5080.jpg

fpn_1486865229__img_5083.jpg

fpn_1486865260__img_5075.jpg

fpn_1486865283__img_5086.jpg

fpn_1486865306__img_5094.jpg

fpn_1486865333__img_5084.jpg

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tas

• Barkingpig

• mongrelnomad

• white_lotus

When I read Visvamitra's review of Rikyu-Cha & Migo984's response on November 20, I sent my request to Mr. Tanaka for this ink. I was happy to receive it & in my haste to remove the plastic insert from the bottle, managed to have a "nice pool" of it on a Rhodia pad. I could have been remorseful over waste of an ink I was excited to receive, but instead just marveled @ the result! It really is a VERY interesting ink & complements the Cigar, Rikyu-Cha, Doujima Ryokkin, "Family" beautifully. I was excited to meet Diamine's "Wagner" here a few years back, happy to find a similar but different Alt Goldgrun; I NEVER would have imagined I could discover so many wonderful greens, since my order of Herbin's Vert Empire, when I ordered my first adult purchase of a "different" green ink.

Thank you again for your beautiful review & continued introduction to the wonders available from Japan. Tonite has been my lucky nite, thanks to you; a new Orange AND a Great Murker. it seldom gets better than this, (especially when you are awaiting your new water heater, which cannot be installed until Monday!)

* you may not be the "Mother of Murk," but you surely do them justice!

Edited by Barkingpig

:wub:

But With Brown Algae, Cigar and "Ricky Cha" in the drawer of shame, this would surely be an extravagance. :blush:

Looks really, really nice though.

Thank you.

But With Brown Algae, Cigar and "Ricky Cha" in the drawer of shame, this would surely be an extravagance. :blush:

Looks really, really nice though.

Thank you.

I have Gagome, Cigar, and Rikyu-cha, and Doujima Ryokkin, and they're all different in subtle and lovely ways. Of the four, Doujima is my favorite - it's a beautiful ink. :)

I have Gagome, Cigar, and Rikyu-cha, and Doujima Ryokkin, and they're all different in subtle and lovely ways. Of the four, Doujima is my favorite - it's a beautiful ink. :)

:roller1: :unsure: :mellow: :crybaby:

My thoughts as well. But this ink looks lovely.

Edited by fireant

This one is calling my name.

Are you the "mother of murk" ... oh no, I know who that is. :)

This green is what we often see here in the desert.

Thank you for the great review.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Looks quite a lot like Hougado Pen Gallery Deep Moss Black, an ink I like in principal, but never appear to actually fill a pen with.

Too many pens; too little writing.