Montblanc Marco Polo Limited Edition 66

Sarrelangue

Hi,

Wanted to share info I received Today from Monblanc Boutique in Mexico City.

Launching of MB Marco Polo fountain pen, Only 69 pieces!

:)

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o625/IncurableCollectors/Screen%20Shot%202017-02-09%20at%204.38.03%20PM.png

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o625/IncurableCollectors/Screen%20Shot%202017-02-09%20at%204.38.19%20PM.png

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thygreyt

• mongsi

• Sarrelangue

• pen jubky

~ Sarrelangue:

Thank you for sharing this information with us.

My vision is limited, so perhaps I'm not seeing accurately.

In the lower image, the barrel appears to have a seam on each side, almost like stitching on the left side.

In the upper image, despite being larger, there doesn't appear to be anything like the seam or stitching.

Perhaps I'm imagining something that isn't really there.

The nib engraving in the upper image looks different than the dromedary on the nib in the lower left-hand corner.

I work and live near the Old Silk Road, therefore this has special interest to me.

Tom K.

~ Sarrelangue:

In the lower image, the barrel appears to have a seam on each side, almost like stitching on the left side.

In the upper image, despite being larger, there doesn't appear to be anything like the seam or stitching.

The nib engraving in the upper image looks different than the dromedary on the nib in the lower left-hand corner.

I work and live near the Old Silk Road, therefore this has special interest to me.

Tom K.

I'm guessing the lower picture with the inspiration is not of the final actual pen but of a model, looks like the stitching ended up in the cap.

~ Sarrelangue:

Tom K.

Tom,

Some more info :

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o625/IncurableCollectors/Screen%20Shot%202017-02-09%20at%2011.11.18%20PM.png[/url]

Edited by Sarrelangue

I'm just saying I like the design but not the price.

~ That's exactly how I've felt about many fine automobiles.

Tom K.

I'm still having a hard time understanding what the pen looks like but it does look impressive. Is the norm for MB to also release a less expensive version of the same pen? I know they've done that with some LE but not sure if that's common.

Thanks for sharing.

Impressive design! It looks heavy. Imagine how many details someone in the know would pick up looking at this pen... I love the little blue globe. Since Montblanc rarely uses wood, it's interesting to see what they did.

Talk about maximum return on investment.

Damaskus steel, nice but nothing rare or special about it.

Red wood, different, but cheaper still.

Lapis, semi precious gem valued at $50 tops.

A bit of gold here and there valued at US$ 2k.

Not to my taste. There is to much going on, and at almost US$ 34k, anyone ho buys this must not be playing with a full deck of cards.

Plus the swiveling compas cap is the weakest link. It's just begging to get broken.

Edited by pen jubky

Talk about maximum return on investment.

Damaskus steel, nice but nothing rare or special about it.

Red wood, different, but cheaper still.

Lapis, semi precious gem valued at $50 tops.

A bit of gold here and there.

Not to my taste. There is to much going on, and at almost US$ 34k, anyone ho buys this must not be playing with a full deck of cards.

Plus the swiveling compas cap is the weakest link. It's just begging to get broken.

For some of our fellow members here money is nothing more than paper it is printed on. If you are rich why not spend it on things you find beautiful?

edit sorry a bit incoherent: exceeded my daily allowance

Edited by Mastiff

For some of our fellow members here money is nothing more than paper it is printed on. If you are rich why not spend it on things you find beautiful?

edit sorry a bit incoherent: exceeded my daily allowance

I'm not saying they shouldn't. I'm just being judgmental of whomever does.

Not trying to be an arse, but...

Judgemental because you can't afford it?

Anyhow, pens, cars, watches and so on do not cost as much as they are sold... There are often intangibles added on. Such is the case for the Apple logo, or the Montblanc star, or design, and the list goes on.

I think this pen to be gorgeous and applaud they who get it and use it.

unfourtunately, high artistry homage to marco polo 69 is already sold out..

I know which boutique/country that still can provide one. If you're seriously interested I can make an introduction.