2017 Wishlist

TheRealMikeDr

I had a killer 2016 so I really don't have a lot on my list at this time. So far it contains the following:

New:

Montblanc 146 Ultra Black (I've been on a Matte Black kick lately) - might wait to get a used one.

Lamy Imporium - or maybe a Dialog 3 - I'm on the fence here quite frankly. This one may have to be taken care of in August at the DC Show.

A Franklin Christoph pen - Not sure I need any more Jowo nibs (they're okay but not special IMO) although I like the looks of several of the FC pens.

Vintage:

Parker Duofold Senior from the 20's

That's it! So what's on your wishlist for 2017??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheRealMikeDr

• BillH

• chromantic

• Guardy

The usual... Pelikans, in the M600-M800 sizes :) and y'all can prob'ly guess which ones.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

I'd like a MB 256. Probably also a 344, and a 149, but they are pricey and risky to buy on eBay. I'd like to add some Sheaffer Triumph touchdown pens in burgundy, black and green to compliment the persian blue I've already got. Oh, and find one with a FS3 nib if I can.

The usual... Pelikans, in the M600-M800 sizes :) and y'all can prob'ly guess which ones.

Ah - I've got a couple Blue M805's on my Ebay watchlist (both new at a good price) but since I already have an M800 I'm not in any hurry.

The Blue M805 is very nice. Me too, someday.

I don't have a watchlist at the moment, I'm trying to wait until the end of the month before I go pen hunting again. The card is almost cool enough to touch again... tho' I did buy some ink and ink samples, looking for a blue-black to match the color of the sky I saw last night when I let the dog out (it was such a perfect color!).

I just stood on the deck and marveled... then called my wife

"Honey, come look, the sky right now is the exact color I'm trying to find in ink".

no reply-

"Honey, come look, it's gorgeous!"

no reply-

If I'd been smart I'd have said

"Honey, I think I'll go ahead and buy that M800 Tortoise from Germany"

:yikes: :lticaptd:

on the wishlist for 2017 though.

"Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." -Pablo Picasso

The Blue M805 is very nice. Me too, someday.

I don't have a watchlist at the moment, I'm trying to wait until the end of the month before I go pen hunting again. The card is almost cool enough to touch again... tho' I did buy some ink and ink samples, looking for a blue-black to match the color of the sky I saw last night when I let the dog out (it was such a perfect color!).

I just stood on the deck and marveled... then called my wife

"Honey, come look, the sky right now is the exact color I'm trying to find in ink".

no reply-

"Honey, come look, it's gorgeous!"

no reply-

Ha! My wife gives me "the look" when we're watching an old movie and I spot a pen and start to make comments on it - or worse yet when I grab the remote and stop/rewind the movie to get a better look!

Scriptorium custom based on the Master Scrivener, if I'm remembering the models correctly. Probably with a two tone nib with a Pendleton BLS. Going to be pricey though & the work queue will likely push it over into next year by the time I can afford it. Otherwise, I'm pretty settled atm.

I'm sure if you said that, you would get an answer. Just not sure it would be the one you wanted! :lticaptd:

2017 wish list... let us see

- Some Montblanc Boheme. Got that one and love it, but may have to get it again... cause the wife is trying to "steal" it from me. :angry:

- M805 Vibrant Blue (getting harder by the day...)

- Whatever M8xx Pelikan releases

- M1000 green

- the vintage list includes Pelikans, Mb and Watermans and is too big to itemize (most likely the majority will still be on the list in 2018).

But I need to sell some of the unused pens to finance any pen on that wish list.

An oven sufficient to cremate all the pens I have I don't use.

Around these parts we call that Ebay...

Ha! My wife gives me "the look" when we're watching an old movie and I spot a pen and start to make comments on it - or worse yet when I grab the remote and stop/rewind the movie to get a better look!

+1

May we live, not by our fears but by our hopes; not by our words but by our deeds; not by our disappointments but by our dreams.

The list is too long! Pelikan M1000 Broad, Visconti Homo Sapiens 1.3 stub, Omas 360, MB149 BB, M805 BB, Franklin Christoph 19 or 03 - try out the Christoph stub!

I do not make a wish list because any pen I put on it disconcertingly appears in the mail shortly thereafter, so it is cheaper not to make a list at all. ;)

Eventually, I fear something will compel my attention although right now I would do better to increase my efforts at selling. The Man 100 Opera I have had up here for a few months will be sacrificed on the pyre of ebay, having tickled no interest.

X

An Omas 360 or early Paragon. A celluloid MB 146. Anything else that jumps out and screams "buy me now!"

...So much ink, so little penmanship....

My wish list for 2017 is the following lovely pens (that I probably won't afford/find for sale)...

Visconti HS London Fog (fine nib)

Pelikan M1000 Raden Sunrise (extra fine nib)

YoL Viceroy Grand Victorian (fine nib)

Porsche Design Solid (fine nib)

All crazy expensive, all beautiful looking, all a bit too expensive to justify the wedge of cash on but hey a man can dream (and max his credit card).

Pelikan Blue binde M800 Extra Fine (Or the Burgundy)

Lamy 2000 Macrolon Extra Fine

Rotring 800 0.7 mm

Franklin Christoph Loden ink

KWZ IG samples

Franklin Christoph Pocket Notebook Cover (with rich Corinthian leather)

Inked: Aurora Optima EF (Pelikan Tanzanite); Franklin Christoph Pocket 20 Needlepoint (Sailor Kiwa Guro); Sheaffers PFM I Reporter/Fine (Diamine Oxblood); Franklin Christoph 02 Medium Stub (Aurora Black); Platinum Plaisir Gunmetal EF (Platinum Brown); Platinum Preppy M (Platinum Blue-Black). Leaded: Palomino Blackwing 602; Lamy Scribble 0.7 (Pentel Ain Stein 2B); Uni Kuru Toga Roulette 0.5 (Uni Kuru Toga HB); Parker 51 Plum 0.9 (Pilot Neox HB)

Uff, I'm debating right now on self contention and not to buy a new pen. By they way, my list goes like this: black matte vanishing point in stub, platinum century 3776 in M, Parker 51 and a pen case for flights. I think I have enough ink by now (ha!).