What Pelikan Edelstein Ink Colors Do You Buy Most Frequently

Denizzz

What Pelikan Edelstein ink colors do you buy most frequently?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What Pelikan Edelstein ink colors do you buy most frequently?

• Onyx Black
    • Tanzanite
    • Sapphire
    • Topaz
    • Ruby
    • Jade
    • Aventurine
    • Mandarin

Hey Guys, i wonder what are most popular colors of Pelikan Edelstein these days.

Got the chance to try out the Pelikan Edelstein Aquamarine, love the colour, thought i would ask which colors of Edelstein do you buy more frequently.

Thanks!

Edited by Sfeccollector

Sincerely,

Dennis

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bo Bo Olson

• Denizzz

• senzen

• inkstainedruth

Amber. That's not on the list, presumably because it was a LE. Still, that's the one I bought most often, just as a present to other Edelstein freaks.

Mike

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Well, I only have a few colors. And only one bottle of each. Technically, I also have a tin of cartridges of Amethyst, but I don't have too many pens that take International Standard cartridges. And the only reason I have Aquamarine is because it (like the tin of Amethyst cartridges) was swag from a Pelikan Hub. The Aquamarine is better than I expected, but not a color I use much. I did buy a bottle of Amethyst, and one of Tanzanite. I need to check my stash (I'm not at home at the moment, but waiting for car repairs, which is apparently going to take several HOURS :angry: and which should of which gotten caught -- and FIXED -- last week; and I'm not really buying the "Oh, the same idiot light came on for a DIFFERENT problem this time..." BS). My notes list me having a bottle of Topaz, but I don't remember actually buying one :huh: (just thinking I really *should*...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

These are LE so are not much on the buy again when one has a slew of inks. Amethyst in cartridges in I missed the bottle. Aquamirine in cartridges and in the bottle. Cartidges in I thought I might have missed the bottle.

Tanzanite I have it but never used it.

I like Topaz most. I will order a second bottle....if and when I finally use it. I have over 50 inks.

Aventurine feathers. :(

Jade is a bit blaaa.

No one liked Sapphire in they were waiting for the second coming of Parker Penmann. In I wasn't into blue at the time...I didn't buy any.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

I only use Mandarin... When I realized the bottle was half empty I rushed to get another one... Only to find they'd changed the formula :crybaby: .

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

• 4 weeks later...

I had never been able to use green inks; may be I like the colour I buy it and I use it for a couple of weeks but I get tired quickly... until I tried Aquamarine. I love it. So I bought several bottles fearing it would be discontinued after 2016. Nevertheless, I've heard Pelikan will add this colour to the regular catalogue and will continue producing it; anybody knows anything about it?

I know nothing of it sticking around, as a regular issue. Others have come and gone like Amethyst. :angry: All I got from that is 3 six packs.

I like Topaz most.

:o Have I tried my bottle of Aquamarine?????? *****.................I shook my six pack tin, and it's empty enough to rattle, so I had used Aquamarine.

And I'm off to buy a bottle of Smoky Quartz..... :rolleyes:

I am over where I shouldn't be...here.....seeing inks I have, inks I don't.

....going to buy 3 Kaweco shading inks too, when I get to my B&W.

Sigh....could be a sheen ink from Diamine also....now that's a lot of ink to dither about.

**** I am striving to get down to 5-6 pens inked...to use more ink, instead of 17....down to 11. :( Some 'new' old ink (MB Diamond) got me from 10 to 11.

I had to start using that in I have 1 1/2 bottles of it and no desire to take the QE2 anywhere.

Some of the 'Buy Now' prices could have me here asking what is a substituent for certain older LE inks.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Whatever you like/love stock up

None of these inks brands/colors are going to be around forever

Think MB's Racing Green

They are all LEs. Some a little more limited than others

Only a few have been granted eternal life, eg, Waterman, Parker Quink

Edited by PS104

1. Edestein Amethyst

2. Edelstein Garnet

3. Edelstein Aquamarine

those 3 is quite rare these days, but u can find those ink easy in singapore.

Bought Aquamarine. Very similar to Diamine Eau de Nil but, to me, lacking the magic.

I also have Tanzanite and will definitely replace it when the bottle is finally empty.

There should be an option for "Limited Editions" since that's all I buy from Pelikan/Edelstein (in terms of inks).

Ink, a drug.

― Vladimir Nabokov, Bend Sinister

Instagram:
a.transient.life

Topaz is the only ink in the regular lineup that speaks to me. I'd probably like Mandarin if I didn't already have Sailor Apricot and Fuyu-gaki already. Otherwise, I would have chosen Garnet and Amethyst, which (to my sadness) are LE.