My 2 Experiences With Aurora Repair Service

RitchieMac

Aurora seems not to know how to mold plastic of any type without inducing a lot of internal stress (leading to spontaneous cracking), and apparently has no interest in learning. I even had an Aurora converter crumble!... And I don't think I'll ever buy another of their pens. My lesson is learned, at least.

I agree completely...Aurora pens are over valued ...poor quality control and the worst after sell service repair in european pens... :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Calabria

• RitchieMac

• Mr.Rene

• freshmaker

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for all the comments here.

I have an Aurora Optima Orange Flex and just recently noticed that the cap has cracks in it. You can't feel them with your finger, but you can see them. I honestly have no idea how, but my best guess is that it happened during one of the times I was carrying it in my pocket at work. I emailed Aurora (aurora@aurorapen.it) and they got back to me but only to ask where I lived - and then stopped responding after I told them. From what some of you have said I suppose this makes sense - you've given me the idea to contact Kenro so thank you! I'm hoping that will yield some results on Monday.

It seems like I'm not alone in feeling a bit shy to really use this pen after having it break. Even if I get it fixed I'm going to worry about cracking it again. I wanted this pen to be my EDC but it seems like that was not meant to be :(

Just a quick update - I got my pen back today, and it looks brand new!

I spoke with Cary (the most amazing helpful guy ever) of Kenro Industries and he directed me to the Pen Service section of this website: http://www.kenroforyou.com. In all my searching, this site never came up, so I hope it's useful to someone!

I paid $35 for a repair consultation on April 2nd, which involved me shipping the pen to Kenro Industries in NY. I didn't hear anything from anyone, but almost 3 months later I have the pen back in my hands and it's like they created a new cap for me. Like others have said on here, communication is not great since it likely gets shipped to Italy, but the end result is incredible. I didn't pay anything beyond the initial $35. Thanks to Kenro and Aurora!

The pen arrived in a square plastic case within an Aurora envelope:

post-140307-0-94654400-1561511006_thumb.jpeg

Cracks in the cap before:

post-140307-0-60663300-1561510952_thumb.jpeg

post-140307-0-30195300-1561510965_thumb.jpeg

Clean cap after repair:

post-140307-0-82968600-1561510993_thumb.jpeg

post-140307-0-99715300-1561511000_thumb.jpeg

I'm sorry to see those cracks in the pen. I thought that only happened in the demo pens - my black resin and acrylic models have never had any problems.

I do think their current prices are too high. I used to buy their pens when they were quite a bit cheaper (my first Talentum was about $100).

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

• 4 weeks later...

My Optima Demo came back with a new section and cap top, both of which had developed cracks.

Unfortunately, the new section already has a crack, too, either from assembly at the factory or during transit. That material is obviously not well made.

"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."

– Lin Yu-T'ang

My grey Optima flex developed the same kind of cracks in the cap. It sat with Aurora for more than two months, with no feedback, until the retailer took pity and gave me a new one. It had barely been used and was only a few months old when the cracks appeared.

I have received a couple of Aurora nibs that barely wrote out of the box, too.

But my most recent Aurora, the 88 Nettuno, is wonderful. I just hope its Auroloide doesn't crack!

Anthony

ukfountainpens.com