Élysée - Exceptional Treasure Found - Who Knows These Models?

SwissSpirit

Dear Community,

Just a week ago, while cleanig up our inherited attic, we found this Elysée treasure:

It obviously is an original, complete Élysée sales presentation case in absolut mint condition!

This beautiful, flawless set contains 24 ready-for-use writing instruments (fountain pens, ballpoint pens, pencils and rollerball pens) in perfect functional condition!

Just one fountain pen was used for testings.

In addition, there are 2 liquid ink cartridges, 2 ballpoint, 3 pencil and 5 rollerball spares refills, 5 nib spares and 3 pen tip spares....and an original Élysée writing pad!

According to a reference to R. Dummert GmbH & Co. KG, Pforzheim, West-Germany, this must be a pre-Staedtler i.e. a pre-1992 sales presentation set.

That is all we could find out ourselves!

Now to my question:

With the exception of the 60 series WORLD MAP models, I could not find any of these slim and beautiful Élisée models in the internet!

Does anybody know the shown Élysée writing instrument types/models e.g. name, year etc?

We, the family, would be very grateful for any respective feedback on our exeptional finding!

Thank you very much, indeed, Conrad -Switzerland

post-134491-0-87875900-1486067019_thumb.jpg

post-134491-0-90202500-1486067072_thumb.jpg

Edited by SwissSpirit

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SwissSpirit

• Bo Bo Olson

• ac12

• EclecticCollector

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wish I could find something like that in my attic/storage.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

My wife lucked into a few pens for me at a distant small flea market an Elysee. A grey pen with a gold plated world tastefully on it with some vertical lines on it.

Original price was E115?/DM115??...........she got it, an English Parker Flighter set and a Chinese pen for @ E 35.

I'd seen a few Elysee pens at a few flea markets....but in they are nails...I had less interest. When I did get back once...they were gone. :doh:

I knew there were nice names....but they were nails.

(Got to photograph this stuff.)

I'd pick a few of the pens for your selves before selling any.

I know there is some info out there in when I found the World Map, there were other Elysee pens.

Just remembered there were some real beautiful hand made artist Elysee pens when I found that World Map pen.

Stuff that wanted me to start scouring the net ....with money I didn't have. :)

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Thank you for your post.....we are, indeed, lucky to have made this find! But unfortunately, we are not in collecting writing instruments!

Edited by SwissSpirit

Thank you, indeed, unfortunately we are not in collecting writing instruments!

Thank you, indeed, but unfortunately we are not in collecting writing instruments!

You don't have to collect to own and use just one.

Writing with a fountain pen is much better than writing with a ball point or there would be lots of ball point coms.

Ebay is where it appears you want....it's quick. Here you have to hang around a lot before you are allowed to sell.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

You don't have to collect to own and use just one.

Writing with a fountain pen is much better than writing with a ball point or there would be lots of ball point coms.

Ebay is where it appears you want....it's quick. Here you have to hang around a lot before you are allowed to sell.

Thank you, Bo Bo Olson, we shall have to consider this eBay option! But before putting the collection on an auction portal, we have to do further research on the different Elysee writing instrument models, year and approx. value..... Conrad

• 1 month later...

Dear FPN Members, we have finally made the decision to sell our recently inherited Elysee treasure find on eBay! Please take a look if interested!