Week #3 / 15 Jan: When Old Loves Rekindle - 2017 Weekly Ink Project

lgsoltek

Well I don't have any Sailor pens. When I think about getting one, Pelikan has some new lovely to entice me.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• amberleadavis

• visvamitra

• Runnin_Ute

@white_lotos - how can you write love confession to Sailor with Pelikan? Shame on you :)

I feel a similar pang of guilt. I own so many Sailor inks yet not a single Sailor pen.

I did try one once early on my journey but either I didn't know better or the pen I tried really wasn't as good as my Pilot 78G F nib so I sold it on.

Their nibs are so pretty, they often call but I've managed to resist.

The third week is coming! For this week we are going to ignite some old flames: Use an ink you once loved but somehow ignored for a long time.

As usual, don't forget to share with us your choice of ink, your writing, drawing, doodling or anything with the ink in this thread. You can take a photo, make a scan, or even better, write letters and CRV reviews (what is a CRV?) and mail them to the many ink pals here. You are welcome to check back on this thread even when we've gone past this week.

For newcomers, click here to read more about this community project. Links to the two previous links can be found there too.

---------

Week #4 we are doing the theme "Red Packets Please": Use a red ink (especially a festive one) to celebrate lunar new year.

Thanks for this fun get-together, Lgsoltek! At first, I didn't believe I actually had an ink that fit the requirement. Then I realized there was a pen already loaded with....

http://extras.ourpatioparty.com/files/4314/8466/3890/Pelikan_Blue-Black-640p.jpg

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

Found a couple to play with. One is a "never used" and one is a "old friend".......

First is the never used....

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-01/20170117_180710_zpstvwcshyr.jpg

and then the Old friend.....

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/Mobile%20Uploads/2017-01/20170117_180736_zps6nctnt0i.jpg

Got them to rotate in photobucket, but it didn't transfer.

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Okay, then. Here's mine: Noodler's Kung Te Cheng:

fpn_1484713079__ink_of_the_week_3_pt1.jp

fpn_1484713209__ink_of_the_week_3_pt2.jp

Sorry for the size of the images, but I did try to crop extraneous stuff out (the Pelikan Hub pad is roughly -- but not quite -- 8" square). I have no clue who made the paper for them, but it's quite lovely to write on.

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

ETA: I saw a teensy bit of reddish sheen with KTC on this paper.... :wub: It really is an amazing color. And nigh-on indestructible. But it is also one of the most crotchety and persnickety inks I've ever encountered. :wallbash: (Oh, and the little blurb about the pen and paper on page two? That's not really diluted so much as just me trying to wipe the nib creep off to get it started; once it gets going, it writes well -- but it doesn't take to sitting, especially when left uncapped for more than a few seconds...).

Edited by inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

This used to be one of my favourite inks, and in constant rotation. Somehow, it's worked its way to the back and largely forgotten. The picture is dreadful as the paper is white and while the ink is a muddy green it's more green than in this picture. I need to find somewhere else to take my pictures and sack the iPad as well. 😕

post-85009-0-83947200-1484717743_thumb.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ckPFMI7.jpg

Came in late to this party. Still and all, here I am, using dilute Noodler's Heart of Darkness on Georgia Pacific "Basic" 88 Brightness 20lb copy paper, the cheapest you can get at Wal-Mart, written with a Hero 616. Of all the inks, this is the one I used least, because I had so little and did not wish for it to be gone.

Oh well. I have Bad Black Moccasin, and cheap demonstrator eyedroppers I'm not afraid to put it into, once diluted 5:4 with water.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2zgbwiv.jpg

Edit: tried a cartridge, I don't think it is the converter but the feed. I'm also pretty sure one tine is longer than the other, but I haven't found a loupe yet...

Edited by evyxmsj

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a powdered ink tablet made by Visconti and it rekindled my love of powdered inks.
Special thanks to WebGeckos for the gift and Sinistral1 for the CRV.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2017_1_Ink/04-April/slides/2017-04-10_Ink_005.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

This is a powdered ink tablet made by Visconti and it rekindled my love of powdered inks.

Special thanks to WebGeckos for the gift and Sinistral1 for the CRV.

http://www.sheismylawyer.com/2017_1_Ink/04-April/slides/2017-04-10_Ink_005.jpg

I didn't like the Visconti Blue #1 much. It's too undersaturated for my taste.

Then we must have mixed it with too much water. Sorry about that.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY