Looking For A Leather Pen Case Or Slip Reinforced With Plastic?

gamingoodz

I like carrying 2-3 pens around with me in my pocket but I always limit it to cheaper pens like the metropolitan or Jinhaos because I'm afraid to damage any of my more expensive pens. However, I would love to actually be able to use my Pilot custom heritage 91, and vanishing point, etc in classes to take notes considering I bought the things to actually use. I have the standard single pen slips that I will keep pens in but I'm afraid that sitting down and moving around etc that the pen being in my pocket might snap in two or be damaged since the pen slip doesn't really offer any rigidity, it just protects from scratches mostly. I've had a Jinhao 599 snap in two at the section in my pocket before so I'm not to trustworthy of putting my nicer pens in my pocket. I really want to be able to bring them around with me though and I don't want to keep them in my backpack for classes because I'm not always with it and don't want to risk them being stolen.

I swear I either seen on here or heard on a podcast or youtube video mention of a single pen slip or maybe it was a 2-3 pen case that was leather but also had plastic inside to reinforce it and make it sturdier. I even thought about using a toothbrush case but they of course have no protection inside and the case its self would scratch my pen.

Does anyone know who makes this case? or and I imagining things?

Thanks

The first step toward change is awareness. The second step is acceptance.

Nathaniel Branden

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• my63

• PaganArcher

• gamingoodz

• gryphon1911

FPN member my63 is your man. He will custom make anything you like to suit your purposes, and his prices are reasonable. In addition to his content here, he has a blog at my63leather.wordpress.com and you can find his Instagram feed at my63leather.

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I picked up a 3 pen case, magnetic closure, sturdy walls at a pen show. I love the thing. The brand is Girologio, although I've not been able to find that model online sadly.

Hi as jmccarty said I make custom pen cases that are reinforced with kydex one of my cases has been reviewed on YouTube I am not sure if the link is allowed but here it is anyway

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RqmypAzJZDE

Kydex is a super strong plastic from the aviation industry it is also frequently used to make gun holsters in the USA it is Light and forms well when hot.

I se high quality suede for the inside and veg tanned leather for the outer cover. There is more detail and lots of pictures on my blog which s detailed in my signature below.

Regards

Michael

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

That is a beautiful hunk of leather work.

While y'all are there at youtube, use the search function for "pen case". Many videos. Who knew?

I ride a recumbent, I play go, I use Macintosh so of course I use a fountain pen.

• 5 months later...

Hi as jmccarty said I make custom pen cases that are reinforced with kydex one of my cases has been reviewed on YouTube I am not sure if the link is allowed but here it is anyway

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RqmypAzJZDE

Kydex is a super strong plastic from the aviation industry it is also frequently used to make gun holsters in the USA it is Light and forms well when hot.

I se high quality suede for the inside and veg tanned leather for the outer cover. There is more detail and lots of pictures on my blog which s detailed in my signature below.

Regards

Michael

Michael

I am in awe of the works that I see on your blog -- WOW.

May I ask for approximate pricing on the small kydex pen case that you illustrated here? I need to know approximately how much to save! Right now, I'm thinking my Pilot Custom Heritage 912 need a new case as the 20+ y.o. Coach pen case just started to rip :(

Many thanks!

Hi Eaccents I am pleased you liked the blog.

Discussing projects is fine here but I am pretty sure that prices are not.

Please drop me a private message and we can discuss.

Thanks

Michael

Edited by my63

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63