What Indian Pens Are You Using Today - 2021 ?

RMN

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Sagarb

• Helen350

• K Singh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Love my new Ranga Pens "Giant Sugarcane".

Can't really decide, what's more to love: the polished warm ebonite material, the quality of the pen or it's lovely color, the black rhodium plating of the nib or the softness of the Bock 380 nib. Maybe it's the combination of all those parts. I just need to find the right ink, Irish Green doesn't convince me.

Best,

Sebastian

IMG_4947.jpeg

I am using many classics on regular basis. Gama Eyas, Gama Supreme, ASA I-Can, Beena Lincoln, Camlin47 etc. however my current favorites are the ones made by self on a self made lathe ( Japanese Style). the bakelite pen is currently inked in the matching brown ink.

6 minutes ago, SAGEPENS said:

IMG_20220205_174327.jpg

This is excellent work 👍 Would love to see how you make these pens on your lathe. If possible please share few more pics later.

• 3 weeks later...

For the last few days I have been using my Wality 52PD with original nib, and falling in love again with these piston fillers.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 2 weeks later...

A newly arrived Ranga Psp Zayante "Z2" in red/black ripple ebonite with 1.1 Jowo stub nib. For its first fill, I used KWZI Pine Green. Seemed like a good choice with St. Patrick's Day coming up 

20220310_164634.jpg

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

16 hours ago, Runnin_Ute said:

A newly arrived Ranga Psp Zayante "Z2" in red/black ripple ebonite with 1.1 Jowo stub nib. For its first fill, I used KWZI Pine Green. Seemed like a good choice with St. Patrick's Day coming up 

20220310_164634.jpg

I have one in the yellow green.  Great pen!

the Danitrio Fellowship

Today I inked up my ebonite ASA Daily.  It is a really large pen with a small nib but it is very  well balanced when used unposted.  

33AD98A1-2DE8-4037-B484-49B09590739F.jpeg

Pen(s) in Rotation:

Majohn A1 (Extra-Fine) - Diamine Denim

Pelikan M200 Smoky Quartz (Fine) - Iroshizuku Yama-budo

Lamy 2000 Ballpoint - Lamy Black Medium Refilll

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2022 at 8:42 PM, Waverly said:

Today I inked up my ebonite ASA Daily.  It is a really large pen with a small nib but it is very  well balanced when used unposted.  

33AD98A1-2DE8-4037-B484-49B09590739F.jpeg

Nice color ebonite.

I too like ASA daily.

It is ergonomic in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 8/25/2021 at 10:41 PM, vinodhmjhuman said:

Airmail Wality 69A, Gama Fine nib inked with Bril Violet.

69A, A  stands for Acrylic, I think.

This specific 69A had some extra room in the section and cap to fit 35mm Gama fine nib.

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

Almost a year has passed by, but I still like the looks of your pen!!!!  It reminds me of the Nussbaum

Jon Ross model.  I've got to keep my eye open for that Airmail Wality 69 pen.  Want to add it to

my collection.  Love blue & white--including blue & white dishes.

WIN_20220711_13_41_20_Pro.jpg

Airmail get some unusual Acrylic rods that seem to be 'limited edition'. I would definitely advise anyone to grab one if a particularly striking example appeals to you. Even if you don't use the pen. Airmail are definitely trying to appeal to as many users as possible. The Wality 69EB would be seen as conservative against the blue & white 69A. Some of these rods look more like a stick of rock than that which you'd machine a pen from.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently using three Indian pens:

Kanwrite Desire with a bold stub

Kanwrite Desire with a bold regular nib

Mohi Tanishq with an Indian ink - Syahi (Mixed 3 parts Tuscan Yellow with 1 part Pinky Pink to get the orangey color you see in the pics)

Two non indian pens but with Indian inks:

TWSBI Eco inked with Krishna Inks Bamboo Shoots

Pilot Prera inked with Krishna Inks Golden Summer Blue

20220727_144012.jpg

20220727_144018.jpg

20220727_144023.jpg

I'm playing with a Beena Lincoln with medium nib, ink being Fountain Pen Revolution's Cinnamon brown. I originally bought the pen with a Kanwrite semi flex nib, which proved too demanding for the feed. Luckily its original medium steel nib was included in the box, and with that swapped back in the pen writes well. 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, haven't posted here in years. I inked up my old Varuna Gajendra a few days ago, using the converter it came with and Herbin Lierre Sauvage. And yes, I have filled it as an eyedropper in the past. It holds about a quart of ink.

Happiness is an Indian ED!

Today i am using the ASA patriot fountain pen with jowo nib unit, from ASA.

It has remained inked for a long time now.