What Indian Pens Are You Using Today - 2021 ?

RMN

Tell us more about that threaded nib, please...

ETA excuse the garbled quote please - I am having a little difficulty with some of the site's capabilities and the images don't show up...

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Sagarb

• Helen350

• K Singh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Classic Deccan Masterpiece with big Ambitious nib.

post-8025-0-35892300-1564764388_thumb.jpeg

WANTED:

Delta Indios (FP or BP)

Delta Inuit (FP or BP)

Delta Don Quijote (BP or FP, green pref.)

other Delta Indigenous People

(M nibs or wider preferred)

so this is the Asa Genius I got after recommendation here

fpn_1562617538__p1150296-3_asa_genies.jp

I was very pleased with the purchase because the size and shape of the pen is just right, the section is a very comfortable shape, the threads are very smooth and the pen is not too long and can usefully be put in a shirt pocket (one of the few large size Indian pens in which the clip is there for a good purpose).

Nonetheless I had a lot of trouble with it at first. It just would not write, it was ink starved.

I tinkered a lot with it, in the end, after a lot of not fully resolutives steps, I have to thanks Honeybudgers here, since his post on channeling feeds gave me courage to give a go at it. Oh yes, now it's a different pen all together! At last I can leave the pen untouched for days and it writes straight off as soon as I pick it up. And it's not a gusher, flow is right, unrestrained but correct. Thanks, that really unlocked its qualities.

Right now I have a Gama Hawk inked up, and just cleaned out an FPR Himalaya.

I had never heard of Fosfor before looking through this thread.

Im really wanting one!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just brought a green ebonite FPR Himalaya with the #6 Ultraflex nib on a trip to Europe, where I used it for sketching, with Noodler's Black. Even drawing on cold-press watercolour paper, which has a bumpy surface, the pen performed beautifully. No skipping or feathering, and not even much scratchiness despite the paper texture. I enjoy the feel of the ebonite body, and the nib is just the right responsiveness.

Here's a quick doodle of some things that appeared on my cafe table.

vinho2.jpg

ASA pens Sniper 2015 c/c or ed....Black cap chrome clip black section with clear barrel....

Usin' Skrip Peacock Blue ink........................................................................

Fred

are you planning for the net investment income tax..............................................

1. GAMA Eyas in Matt Black with a GAMA fine steel nib.

2. GAMA Airborne with Gama 5 year point F-M gold plated steel nib .

3. ASA Maya in Matt Black with Jowo Medium steel nib in chrome finish.

4. Oilver F-27 with my own modification (Jowo Fine Steel nib).

5. Pilot Tank - Black Colour Body with Medi Nib.

6. GAMA Popular with Gama Fine Steel Nib.

Using this Green Cumberland Piston filler from Fosfor pens today. Solid silver fittings, M1000 nib unit, Schmidt KFH piston mechanism. Fully dismantlable by hand without any tools.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/345784-fosfor-cumberland-piston-filler-fully-modular/

fpn_1569477810__1.jpg

fpn_1569478229__2.jpg

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Lovely, Hari

this is a pen that can contend style with some upper end ebonite pens from Stipula or Visconti.

This green version is right out beatiful.

Fantastic nib to complete it too.

Lovely, Hari

this is a pen that can contend style with some upper end ebonite pens from Stipula or Visconti.

This green version is right out beatiful.

Fantastic nib to complete it too.

thank you. The credit goes to Manoj of Fosfor.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Using this Green Cumberland Piston filler from Fosfor pens today. Solid silver fittings, M1000 nib unit, Schmidt KFH piston mechanism. Fully dismantlable by hand without any tools.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/345784-fosfor-cumberland-piston-filler-fully-modular/

That's a keeper. Very nice companion to the red cumberland version.

That's a keeper. Very nice companion to the red cumberland version.

Manoj has made me a red cumberland version for the M1000 nib, Have not started using that yet. Will share some pics later.

very nice, Hari! but I have a slight preference for the green one...

Is that due to its cap being bandless or is it the color? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

ThreeSeventy9

fpn_1571358608__2008.jpg

Fred

havin' another wee bit of Tesseron.......

Sweet voice....although a tear may be ever so near That's the time you must keep on trying.....Smile,

what's the use of crying You'll find that life is still worth while If you just smile.................

Adios........Good night..............

• 1 month later...