What Indian Pens Are You Using Today - 2021 ?

RMN

Yes the clip is new. It is their traditional ebonite feed. Once I put a few fills through it, I might pull the feed out and have a look to see if they have changed anything. It is an eyedropper. It was made by Akthar ( the elsest brother).

Hari, the following may be of some interest:

- they have changed the clips on the new advocates.

- the advocates now come in fine and broad kanwrite nibs, I though I spotted a medium too (not 100% sure) (no abitious nibs in the current batch).

- you can now get a steel coloured nib to match the clip on an advocateI thought the old mismatch had a charm (& reason) to it.

- they had a long desk pen with a 1.8/1.9 oblique italic nib on it. The nib has two breather holes.

I will post a few pictures of the above in a couple of weeks when I return to Hyderabad.

Just got a Deccan Advocate for Christmas. Posting some pictures.

Capped

IMG_0176.jpg

New clip

IMG_0177.jpg

Kanwrite flex nib

IMG_0178.jpg

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Sagarb

• Helen350

• K Singh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks ridearound. The Deccan updates are interesting to know.

Some of their design changes happen due to unavailability of hardware like clips. If the elephant snout clip is the new standard clip for the Advocate, I am glad I bought my advocates early. There is an article by Jai reg the evolution of this model on his blog. My topic on this subject written on FPN is now missing the pics due to the blessings of photo bucket. Similarly I saw some recent pics of the new author with a vastly different clip. The beauty goes. But I am happy Deccan continues to churn out something or the other.

I am very interested to see any more pics that you might like to share in due course.

Best

Hari

Edited by hari317

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I've thought about getting a fosfor pen. are you happy with it?

My next pen would be Fosfor too. it ia good quality pen.

I have only had very good experience with Fosfor pens. I have currently inked the Fosfor Sandalwood.

(Cross-posted on my Instagram and in the FPN Art Gallery)

22158649_363600454053333_874715966953068

I love this Pen .

Currently a Click Neo Tulip Clear..with a two-tone fine nib.

Filled with Monteverde Horizon Blue ink.................

Fred

• 2 weeks later...

fpn_1517218034__20180129_130204-01.jpeg

Ranga Pens

(from Left to Right)

1st two pens are Model 3C

3rd pen is Model 3

4th pen is Model 4C

5th Pen is Model 4 in Demonstrator

6th Pen is model 5A Demonstrator with Ebonite Cap and Section

7th pen is Model 5 in Premium Ebonite

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Gama Supreme Flat ends Green Black rippled with Ambitious 35 mm chrome finish fine nib and sheaffer school feed filled with Pelikan 4001 Turquoise ink.

Edited by prashant.tikekar

Gama Supreme Flat ends Green Black rippled with Ambitious 35 mm chrome finish fine nib and sheaffer school feed filled with Pelikan 4001 Turquoise ink.

great combination.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

A Ranga Model 3 eyedropper from a group buy here (possibly around this time last year or the year before) with a section shaped to match a vintage pen I have which is extremely comfortable, filled with Noodlers Black Swan in Australian Roses and fitted with a Waterman Emblem pen nib. Ill be using this pen until Valentines Day.

And a Pelikan M101N Tortoiseshell Brown filled with Pelikan Edelstein aventurine. This is one of my favorite pens, and I find it to be a very pleasant writer with just the write line size that on ink resistant paper it has a wider downstroke than crosstroke.

post-80699-0-45919800-1517499247_thumb.jpeg

post-80699-0-56019300-1517499424_thumb.jpeg

I'm using my Ranga Emperor with Birmingham Pen Co. Oxidized Brass ink. Ranga's new model is a great pen and a fine addition to their product line.

Ooooh, I love the Rose gold Jinhao x750. Got mine inked with Noodler's Air-Corps Blue Black flowing perfectly out of a Goulet Medium.

Haven't tried a Gama so I can't ay anything otherwise.

Thanks ridearound. The Deccan updates are interesting to know.

Some of their design changes happen due to unavailability of hardware like clips. If the elephant snout clip is the new standard clip for the Advocate, I am glad I bought my advocates early. There is an article by Jai reg the evolution of this model on his blog. My topic on this subject written on FPN is now missing the pics due to the blessings of photo bucket. Similarly I saw some recent pics of the new author with a vastly different clip. The beauty goes. But I am happy Deccan continues to churn out something or the other.

I am very interested to see any more pics that you might like to share in due course.

Best

Hari

I have inked up a few new Deccan pens.

From Top-to-Bottom (first picture)

-- A deccan desk pen they called calligraphy pen (with a 1mm italic fitted and a spare 1.9 oblique italic nib).

-- Advocate(?) steel cap with a "flex nib

-- Advocate round top with a broad nib (this is the first advocate I have where the nib & clip are both chrome)

-- Advocate flat top with broad nib

post-123717-0-00645200-1517829089_thumb.png

post-123717-0-39511600-1517829117_thumb.png

Edited by RideAround

I have inked up a few new Deccan pens.

From Top-to-Bottom (first picture)

-- A deccan desk pen they called calligraphy pen (with a 1mm italic fitted and a spare 1.9 oblique italic nib).

-- Advocate(?) steel cap with a "flex nib

-- Advocate round top with a broad nib (this is the first advocate I have where the nib & clip are both chrome)

-- Advocate flat top with broad nib

nice pens, thanks for sharing.

Just inked my new pen :

Lotus Shikhar

You can check more images: here

4.jpg?w=620

Wow, terrific eye-candy. Enjoy!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi