What Indian Pens Are You Using Today - 2021 ?

RMN

On 8/15/2021 at 11:31 AM, Sagarb said:

Today's pen is Asa 'Crystal' ED, filled with Diamine Florida Blue. When this pen was launched( 2014 probably) as a limited edition and only 50 pieces or something were made. Honestly, I had no interest in oversize or jumbo pen then. I was completely a newbie in this FP world. Naturally this model got discontinued. 

Last year I made a request to Subbu if he can turn this out again. I got to know that due to pandemic and staff problems, disruption occurs again and again in his manufacture. Over the time I almost forgot about this .

Two days before I got an unexpected parcel and it was a full of surprise!!! Crystal!

Two differences I have noticed in this edition. First,it came with beak clip which looks much better than the ball end clip in the older editions and second, the section radius got reduced. Its narrowest part is 11 MM and widest part is 13 MM , so it feels very comfortable and helps to write tireless. The finish of the pen is awesome and am enjoying it thoroughly.

C-2.jpg

C-3.jpg

C-1.jpg

Brilliant!

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Sagarb

• Helen350

• K Singh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Airmail Wality 69A, Gama Fine nib inked with Bril Violet.

69A, A  stands for Acrylic, I think.

This specific 69A had some extra room in the section and cap to fit 35mm Gama fine nib.

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

On 8/22/2021 at 8:20 PM, Sharad Bhadauria said:

My grail pen....

IMG_20210822_200536.jpg

Careful... it is prone to cracking, if it falls when the nib unit is removed.

2 hours ago, vinodhmjhuman said:

This specific 69A had some extra room in the section and cap to fit 35mm Gama fine nib.

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

nice!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Woodex Model 29 paired with really very old May 2006 mfd Chelpark Royal Blue ink. This bottle has the ISI mark and cost 13rs for a 60ml bottlelarge.woodex29.jpg.412dcc0331080f043c140633ab556d35.jpg

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

5 hours ago, vinodhmjhuman said:

IMG_0794.JPG

IMG_0787.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0793.JPG

I have the same and love this color combination..Congrats.

Sagar Bhowmick

3 hours ago, hari317 said:

Woodex Model 29 paired with really very old May 2006 mfd Chelpark Royal Blue ink. This bottle has the ISI mark and cost 13rs for a 60ml bottlelarge.woodex29.jpg.412dcc0331080f043c140633ab556d35.jpg

I still have some bottles left..but which I liked the most in Chelpark ink is blue-black..and I don't have any..

Sagar Bhowmick

48 minutes ago, Sagarb said:

I still have some bottles left..but which I liked the most in Chelpark ink is blue-black..and I don't have any..

oh. I had a few unopened bottles. I gave away two shoe box full of Indian ink bottles to some colleagues who showed interest in pens, I had too much stuff and no space.

Camlin Violet,

Chelpark Sapphire Blue

Chelpark Blue Black

Chelpark Ruby Red

Chelpark Green

Nearly all shades of Bril 60ml except Blue Black

All shades of Sulekha (from 2006 or so)

Now among India made inks I only have Bril Royal Blue in big bottles which I transfer as needed, one vintage chelpark and camlin royal blue from 2006-8 at work, One new plastic bottle of Camlin royal blue that has thickened in the bottle itself...

ETA: Here are some pics of Chelpark BB bottles:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/216369-chelpark-permanent-blue-black/?do=findComment&comment=2275484

you can view the images by copy/pasting the complete url in your browser.

4 hours ago, hari317 said:

oh. I had a few unopened bottles. I gave away two shoe box full of Indian ink bottles to some colleagues who showed interest in pens, I had too much stuff and no space.

Camlin Violet,

Chelpark Sapphire Blue

Chelpark Blue Black

Chelpark Ruby Red

Chelpark Green

Nearly all shades of Bril 60ml except Blue Black

All shades of Sulekha (from 2006 or so)

Now among India made inks I only have Bril Royal Blue in big bottles which I transfer as needed, one vintage chelpark and camlin royal blue from 2006-8 at work, One new plastic bottle of Camlin royal blue that has thickened in the bottle itself...

ETA: Here are some pics of Chelpark BB bottles:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/216369-chelpark-permanent-blue-black/?do=findComment&comment=2275484

you can view the images by copy/pasting the complete url in your browser.

Wow!
Hari should write a book of his pen/ink memoirs. :)

On 8/16/2021 at 4:32 PM, K Singh said:

Started using this Gama Kuyil pen today. Beautiful pen, though I wish it did not had so many lathe marks at the bottom of the barrell.

large.GamaKuyil.jpg.39dfd24c8fffe41e12b5baf6a2cbbf81.jpg

Nice pen, Gama Makes some nice models, I own the Eyas in black and the Forever in mottled green.

One curiosity, when these pens are matt finished the section is polished.

Do you know whether the section is polished ebonite or it is made of plastic (it looks almost too shiny)?

thanks.

6 hours ago, Sagarb said:

Mr.Sreekumar from Krishna Inks has some chelpark inks. You can try contacting him to see if he has the blue-black one.

30 minutes ago, sansenri said:

Nice pen, Gama Makes some nice models, I own the Eyas in black and the Forever in mottled green.

Do you know whether the section is polished ebonite or it is made of plastic (it looks almost too shiny)?

thanks.

Thanks. I too love gama pens.

The section is polished ebonite and not plastic. They have so many models with the matte black finish though that it becomes hard to choose one.

47 minutes ago, sansenri said:

thanks.

The Gama sections are ebonite. Ebonite is such a lovely material and affords excellent grip even when polished to a glassy shine. 

6 hours ago, K Singh said:

Mr.Sreekumar from Krishna Inks has some chelpark inks. You can try contacting him to see if he has the blue-black one.

Thanks. I too love gama pens.

The section is polished ebonite and not plastic. They have so many models with the matte black finish though that it becomes hard to choose one.

6 hours ago, K Singh said:

5 hours ago, hari317 said:

The Gama sections are ebonite. Ebonite is such a lovely material and affords excellent grip even when polished to a glassy shine. 

Thank you both for the answer.

I found the Eyas to be a perfect size for my hand while I'm afraid the Hawk might be too big.

Which other Gama models are similar size to the Eyas?

I also found the Eyas eyedropper with friction fit nib and ebonite feed to be perfect to swap in other size 6 nibs.

Btw do you know whether it is possible to get Gama clipless versions?
Should I enquire through AsaPens?

1 hour ago, sansenri said:

Thank you both for the answer.

I found the Eyas to be a perfect size for my hand while I'm afraid the Hawk might be too big.

I also found the Eyas eyedropper with friction fit nib and ebonite feed to be perfect to swap in other size 6 nibs.

Btw do you know whether it is possible to get Gama clipless versions?
Should I enquire through AsaPens?

On ASA pens, the Gama hawk is one of few Gama pens in stock. Same appears the case on penhouse.in

I wonder if Gama stopped making the eyas? Would be a shame because I also think the hawk is probably too big for me (though I am using my supreme these days). I would buy both a eyas and a hawk. 

6 hours ago, sansenri said:

Have you checked out Gama Raja. It's smaller than Hawk and Kuyil.

I buy my pens directly from Gama pens, though I don't know if they ship internationally. Due to Covid they were not offering any customisation recently, otherwise they even offer their pens with Jowo threading now.

Your best bet to get a clipless Gama would be ASA I guess.

4 hours ago, MuddyWaters said:

wonder if Gama stopped making the eyas

Due to Covid, Gama pens had stopped their pen productions for a while, and they were out of stock at many places. Now they have started their production again so all the pens should be in stock soon.

41 minutes ago, MuddyWaters said:

Thank you Mr Singh. That reminds me, I saw the Gama popular on asapens website and it looks very nice as well. That would definitely be on my purchase list. 

Do check out Gama Raja as well. It's similar in size to Popular but comes in a beautiful matte black finish.

Below is a comparison pic from ASA Website. Top to bottom : M800, Gama Raja, Gama Popular.

spacer.png

Thanks for the picture. I am not the biggest fan of matte finishes to be honest. I love polished ebonite. I find it slips less and I like the look of brown swirl. I would get the eyas knowing it comes in matte black for the size difference. 

Would I be correct to say the Gama line is as follow when it comes to size:

Popular < eyas < hawk < supreme

Could we insert the other ebonite models in this size comparison list?