What Indian Pens Are You Using Today - 2021 ?

RMN

1 hour ago, Yohaanrods said:

Beautiful! 

35 minutes ago, hari317 said:

lovely

Thanks very much

Sagar Bhowmick

• Replies 853
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Sagarb

• Helen350

• K Singh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sagarb said:

Thanks very much

Sagarji the June is based after which Brahmam model?

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

14 hours ago, hari317 said:

Sagarji the June is based after which Brahmam model?I 

I have no idea Hari, it was mentioned by Mr. Subramanium. It was a custom order and only 3 pieces were made. I will ask him and revert.

Sagar Bhowmick

On 1/21/2017 at 1:01 AM, dinuraj said:

Using the Deccan Bullet Junior nowadays

img_39182.jpg?w=768

img_39042.jpg?w=768

- Dinuraj

This pen looks like malachite which is one of my favourite gemstones, beautiful.

Current favorites are my 2 ebonite FPR Himalayas with EF Ultra Flex Nib, then I have a purple Darjeeling with the same nib and modded feed, and two Kanwrites with FPR ultra flex  nibs and feeds. 

Basically, I like FPR nibs. 

Walked into a random stationery shop in Malleshwaram, Bengaluru.

"Fountain pen idhiya?

Came out with this beautiful pen.  ₹50.

Best part is the nib; the smoothest F/EF nib in my collection. No tuning was required.

Does anyone know about this company 'Fellowship' ?

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

52 minutes ago, mindtoilet said:

"Fountain pen idhiya?

Best part is the nib; the smoothest F/EF nib in my collection. No tuning was required.

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

Nice!

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

I've come across one or two. Mostly acquired as freebies with orders of other pens, such as Ranga, ASA, and others.

All of them were good writers out of the sleeve, so to speak. Some are very nice.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

3 hours ago, mindtoilet said:

"Fountain pen idhiya?

IMG_0714.JPG

IMG_0712.JPG

IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

Nice, I saw the same pen in a local shop.. Good to know it writes well..

4 hours ago, hari317 said:

Woodex no 4 with KW OBB. Left oblique. 

large.C3F82B07-27CE-4C1E-800E-3842E7FF90F3.jpeg.f2a36101ea009f2679ae66a5c83ff211.jpeg

large.16132901-A9DB-49DA-A27D-A06090A6A5FB.jpeg.d116043af4384579035c1afb54fa14dd.jpeg

Nice! Is that the stock feeder? 

12 hours ago, Yohaanrods said:

Nice! Is that the stock feeder? 

Thanks! No, its an aftermarket plastic feeder but 6.35mm in diameter. Purchased long back from Deccan IIRC, The nib and feed are friction fit in section. 

"Artex "... It's hard to find anyone from Kolkata who are 70's born and never heard about Artex pen. In our student days we were allowed to use fountain pens in our school, in some school it was compulsory as well. Artex was as much popular as Camlin, Flora or Wilson. I still remember when I was in 9th standard, my Bengali teacher used to come to my house to give me tuition and he was very popular for his teaching and his beautiful handwriting as well. I had never seen him use a fountain pen other than the Artex. 

I found this Artex@104 T in a local book shop few years back and bought a whole box ( contains 10 pcs )at Rs.200 /-. 

A-1.jpg

A-2.jpg

A-3.jpg

Sagar Bhowmick

35 minutes ago, Sagarb said:

"Artex "... It's hard to find anyone from Kolkata who are 70's born and never heard about Artex pen. In our student days we were allowed to use fountain pens in our school, in some school it was compulsory as well. Artex was as much popular as Camlin, Flora or Wilson. I still remember when I was in 9th standard, my Bengali teacher used to come to my house to give me tuition and he was very popular for his teaching and his beautiful handwriting as well. I had never seen him use a fountain pen other than the Artex. 

I found this Artex@104 T in a local book shop few years back and bought a whole box ( contains 10 pcs )at Rs.200 /-. 

A-1.jpg

A-2.jpg

A-3.jpg

Lovely! size wise how does it compare to 71J or 58C?

37 minutes ago, hari317 said:

Lovely! size wise how does it compare to 71J or 58C?

I don't have 58C so can't compare with it but it's quite smaller than 71J. 

Sagar Bhowmick

Ranga 9B with Ranga (Kanwrite) flex nib.

It's a pen that I like despite it's (many) imperfections, it's probably the kind of thing 'wabi-sabi' was coined for. 

Today I am using a pen that I got from a local pen shop. Branded 'Oscar'. Eyedropper. Parker style clip. Outer metallic shield and inner plastic lining. The pen writes well. It has a fine, wet nib, with a pleasant feedback. Nib is also stamped 'Oscar'.

IMG_20210811_192740.jpg

IMG_20210811_192710_1.jpg

IMG_20210811_192706_1.jpg

IMG_20210811_192545_1.jpg

IMG_20210811_192423.jpg

Today I'm using my first Indian pen.  A Ranga 3C in red brick/khaki rippled ebonite with a fine titanium nib by Bock.  I love it!

bayesianprior.png

Today I inked up a new Gama Jumbo pen. I was in Chennai for work and had extra time; so went to Gem and Co. Purchased this black polished ebonite jumbo pen, fitted with Gama broad nib. I eagerly inked it as soon as I reached home. It writes very well. It has a white dot on the cap.

IMG_20210813_182659_1.thumb.jpg.8890adb2d57be92daca5c97e5ab02294.jpg

From the neighbouring Oliver pens shop, bought 3 fountain pens and 1 roller ball pen (with a magnetic cap). On dip-testing all are fine writers.

IMG_20210813_182847_1.thumb.jpg.697ca08b1c501f7ce6664ebb78b3ff9c.jpg

Among the oliver pens, I liked this green oliver eyedropper with golden trims very muchIMG_20210813_183159.thumb.jpg.d6a83a37f983c84f24d74eb7af5c6e0a.jpg.