What Indian Pens Are You Using Today - 2021 ?

RMN

Today`s choice is Mabie Todd Swan Cadet, made in India. Very nice fine and springy steel nib! Pilot black ink.

20200218_101711.thumb.jpg.e5b29188c311899f3c0e092fc88c07f7.jpg

20200218_101943.thumb.jpg.846e88ea390ca5356cb2d2c7708b83f6.jpg

1521569015_20200218_101407.thumb.jpg.a752a327723bbe982efe942aa119ac21.jpg

Regards, Alexey

• Replies 839
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hari317

• Sagarb

• Helen350

• K Singh

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 6/2/2021 at 1:57 PM, readytotalk said:

Today`s choice is Mabie Todd Swan Cadet, made in India. Very nice fine and springy steel nib! Pilot black ink.

20200218_101711.thumb.jpg.e5b29188c311899f3c0e092fc88c07f7.jpg

20200218_101943.thumb.jpg.846e88ea390ca5356cb2d2c7708b83f6.jpg

1521569015_20200218_101407.thumb.jpg.a752a327723bbe982efe942aa119ac21.jpg

Nice find! 

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Using this set of BHR Deccan Advocate and Advocate Jr. Purchased sometime in 2004. The pens used to be hand engraved with model names. Both the pens have aftermarket nibs. The advocate has a Kanpur 14k BB nib. The Jr has a m200 nib unit. Inks used loaded ae montblanc purple and Quink blue black. 

61469641-8F68-4282-8415-372639AB35C8.jpeg

B63440E6-4C63-4038-A65E-7585C62D382D.jpeg

CF1A3306-2454-4FB6-9110-BD3D0682DEEF.jpeg

BD073BC5-4279-4375-8A96-D9B4BFD6D4AC.jpeg

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Today I am using Airmail 71 JBD. It's fitted with Kanwrite #6 F nib and the ink is Pilot Blue-Black

IMG_20210606_074351.jpg

IMG_20210606_074651.jpg

Sagar Bhowmick

Today's pen : Guider Big Ebonite  3 in 1 filling system with Kanwrite nib unit and converter. Ink is Krishna Elegant Teal.

G2.jpg

Sagar Bhowmick

2 hours ago, Sagarb said:

Today's pen : Guider Big Ebonite  3 in 1 filling system with Kanwrite nib unit and converter. Ink is Krishna Elegant Teal.

G2.jpg

Very nice. Is the KW nib option a stock offering from Guider? 

11 minutes ago, hari317 said:

Very nice. Is the KW nib option a stock offering from Guider? 

They offered me Schmidt Nib unit and converter first,but due to low budget I asked Mr. Rao to get it fixed with Kanwrite..and it's nice to hear from you after ages..

Sagar Bhowmick

1 hour ago, Sagarb said:

They offered me Schmidt Nib unit and converter first,but due to low budget I asked Mr. Rao to get it fixed with Kanwrite..and it's nice to hear from you after ages..

Oh ok. Thank you. I have been posting on and off. 

Ranga Bamboo --- originally matte black ebonite, now with inlay and satin finish. PO nib.rb-1.jpg.8c1ed9164996c549782601ef39b0ab67.jpg

What have you done with the cat? It looks half dead.

~ Schrödinger's wife

Nice pens specially Guider Big Ebonite .Traditional style big fountain pen. Looks attactive.

sayantan mukherjee

51 minutes ago, sayantan2210 said:

Nice pens specially Guider Big Ebonite .Traditional style big fountain pen. Looks attactive.

Yes,it is. Thank you

Sagar Bhowmick

1st Gen FPR Jaipur v2 whose stuck piston was updated by the excellent service at FPR. It really brought home the idea of seek the company over the pen.

These five Indian pens are on the desk and at least three are inked at anytime. 

From top to bottom;

1. Ranga Giant Bamboo, premium ebonite, Italix brand broad italic.

2. Ranga Bamboo, premium ebonite, Ranga supplied 1.1 JoWo

3. ASA I CAN, brown/black ebonite, 1.1 JoWo

4. Ranga Model 4, premium ebonite, semi-matte polish, JoWo broad

5. Lotus Vamza, Nikko red ebonite, Franklin Christoph Music nib w/3 tines, 1.9

Five pens from India 2.jpg

'We live in times where smart people must be silenced so stupid people won't be offended."

Clip from Ricky Gervais' new Netflix Special

9 hours ago, sgphototn said:

From top to bottom;

Lovely pic. 

On 6/18/2021 at 1:01 AM, sgphototn said:

From top to bottom;

Love that Vamza..

Sagar Bhowmick

5 hours ago, Sagarb said:

Love that Vamza..

It was my first Lotus pen. It won't be my last.

One of the great things about Indian-made pens are the variety of materials, designs, skills, and level of customer service found at such reasonable prices. 

'We live in times where smart people must be silenced so stupid people won't be offended."

Clip from Ricky Gervais' new Netflix Special

Today's pens are:

1. Ratnam Big ebonite with Jinhao nib, custom ground to architect point and filled with Krishna Anokhi.

2.Click Aristocrat with stock F nib and ink is ROS Kada Kada

B.jpg

C.jpg

Sagar Bhowmick

1 hour ago, smruthib said:

Today's pen, ASA Nauka Ebonite with Krishna Ghat Green, fitted with a JoWo medium nib. 

IMG_20210625_125042-01.jpeg

Nice

Sagar Bhowmick