Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Andrew_L

• nishantdr83

• Baka1969

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

fpn_1586890592__img_6040_1.jpg

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Not quite today, but I plan to use this strange little pen tomorrow: Ostensibly a Danish MB 204, but the blind cap does not have either model number or nib size.

The nib is a stubbish F or M (the downstroke is exactly the same as my 144 EF ...); even though it has no baby's bottom or the like, it unfortunately needs a bit of pressure to write with anything but quite a faint line. Hopefully by using it I may be able to get it to behave!

IMG_20200415_225741290.jpg

IMG_20200415_225931442.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Can I just say: I was watching some of Ryder Carroll's Bullet Journal videos, and he was using a MB Rollerball. I have learned enough to guess that it was probably a Meisterstück Classique with gold trim, as it was quite slim but definitely of that pen family.

Ugh, I am just starting to get interested in Pelikans. And of course on the MB side, I have already wanted to eventually get a 146 and 149 FP.

Now, I find I need this rollerball, too?

I hate you people. All of you, including Ryder Carroll.

:P

Not quite today, but I plan to use this strange little pen tomorrow: Ostensibly a Danish MB 204, but the blind cap does not have either model number or nib size.

The nib is a stubbish F or M (the downstroke is exactly the same as my 144 EF ...); even though it has no baby's bottom or the like, it unfortunately needs a bit of pressure to write with anything but quite a faint line. Hopefully by using it I may be able to get it to behave!

iirc, sometimes the Danish models didnt have blind cap imprints

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

iirc, sometimes the Danish models didnt have blind cap imprints

That's definitely the case sometimes, sometimes they do have imprints on the blind cap. But I sure wish I could find out what designation this nib size originally had! It's quite unforgiving with the writing angle, but as I use it more, the ink flow is slowly coming around, although it is still far from generous.

That's definitely the case sometimes, sometimes they do have imprints on the blind cap. But I sure wish I could find out what designation this nib size originally had! It's quite unforgiving with the writing angle, but as I use it more, the ink flow is slowly coming around, although it is still far from generous.

Honestly, it sounds like an easy issue to fix if you send it to a pro. It would be nice to have the pen writing perfectly - its a lovely model. Enjoy it in good health! I love the Danish designs and have a red 216 which is somewhat similar to your pen.

My Vintage Montblanc Website--> link

• 4 weeks later...

After a very long time of using other pens, I have finally returned to my first Montblanc fountain pen, a Meisterstück 149 from the late 1990s. Bought it used several years ago, my first big and expensive pen, quite a step up from the Waterman Expert II that was, until then, my only serious pen. Postponed it quite a few times, finally took the plunge.

And yet, for all its reputation, I never really bonded with the pen. Maybe it was the ink I used (mostly Waterman Florida Blue, I believe), perhaps it was the paper. Or me. Or the feed. Or... well, I don't know.

Anyway, decided to pick it up again, filled it with Montblanc Alfred Hitchcock dark red ink and all is well.

I do like to think that many, many hours of calligraphy practice with stubs, cursive italics and quite unforgiving crisp italic nibs, have finally instilled a sense of nib orientation and control into my stubborn fingers and head.

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

Well, that single Montblanc didn't last long on its own... I inked a second MB, a classic 1954 model 146 with a springy 14C F nib. Used Iroshizuku Asa-gao (blue) ink in this pen. A wonderful combination to use.

Here are the two side by side. Quite a difference in size. The MB 149 is a modern one from the late 1990s.

fpn_1590662595__mb-149-and-146.jpg

journaling / tinkering with pens / sailing / photography / software development

I thought that only the very first Pelikan 100, in the first six months of production, from the 1929, were supplied with Montblanc nibs.

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

I thought that only the very first Pelikan 100, in the first six months of production, from the 1929, were supplied with Montblanc nibs.

You are correct, my M101N received a nib transplant.

Peter

My MB Boheme

Cheers,

Unkei

77C41B2E-273D-4481-880A-ECF9709E2651.jpeg

71586564-F6EC-41A0-874E-20310AAFCD40.jpeg

Well..theres only one fight.

David L. (Bigfoot) Green

Deputy Sheriff 1976-2010 Ret.

• 145 (M) - Quink Washable Blue

I put the Quink in there to test it, after having some trouble with dry flow of the ESSRI I wanted to use. But I may leave it for a bit because as usual, it "just works".

Today I inked up my MB 146 with Lamy Blue. I will use it as my journal pen along with my Sheaffer Statesman for a while.

• 2 weeks later...