What Mbs Are You Using Today?

RMN

Today my Heritage 1914 inked in Irish Green and my Steinway 888 inked in Leo Tolstoy.

~ Cyrille:

You and I are both using the same inks...albeit in different pens.

It's very good to know that your lovely new Coral Heritage 1914 is in regular use.

I didn't know that you also wrote with a Steinway 888. Nice!

Tom K.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Andrew_L

• nishantdr83

• Baka1969

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Using my write anywhere combo: Platinum 149 in OB and an 80s 146 with stubbish but fine OM.

~ dubhe:

Somehow I missed your post with the photo of the “write anywhere combo”.

The pen case, the two pens, the overall look is just right.

Very nice. That's a terrific combination.

You've inspired me to think a bit more about a two-pen case. At present my cases are all for single pens.

Thank you for posting that.

Tom K.

Miles Davis has been my weapon of choice today, inked up with purple (the old MB purple)

"Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society"......Mark Twain

~ Cyrille:

You and I are both using the same inks...albeit in different pens.

It's very good to know that your lovely new Coral Heritage 1914 is in regular use.

I didn't know that you also wrote with a Steinway 888. Nice!

Tom K.

Indeed I didn't write a lot with my Steinway because it didn't write so well. It had some misfire/skipping after writing several lines of text. I tried to clean it with Herbin cleaning product and it seems now I have good result. I wrote one page with it without any issue so I hope it will continue like this. I have other pens with this kind of issue I will try to clean them with the product and I hope it will solve them too and avoid to have to send the pens to MB.

Indeed I didn't write a lot with my Steinway because it didn't write so well. It had some misfire/skipping after writing several lines of text. I tried to clean it with Herbin cleaning product and it seems now I have good result. I wrote one page with it without any issue so I hope it will continue like this. I have other pens with this kind of issue I will try to clean them with the product and I hope it will solve them too and avoid to have to send the pens to MB.

~ Cyrille:

Ah...that's why your Steinway hasn't been appearing in your posts.

It's unexpected that it would skip and misfire after a few lines, as it's a premium pen.

That the Herbin nib cleaning product had favorable results is very good news.

If that product makes your other pens write well, it would be great!

I especially enjoy your posts with pen photos and handwriting samples.

With more pens writing well, you'll enjoy using your outstanding pens more.

Thank you for mentioning the Herbin cleaning product.

Tom K.

~ dubhe:

Somehow I missed your post with the photo of the “write anywhere combo”.

The pen case, the two pens, the overall look is just right.

Very nice. That's a terrific combination.

You've inspired me to think a bit more about a two-pen case. At present my cases are all for single pens.

Thank you for posting that.

Tom K.

Tom, this case came into my possession by chance bundled with another pen I bought recently. I find these two 'plain' pens work well together and the case allows me to leave them around the house ready for use without me overly worrying about the boys or dog fiddling with them! My special editions etc live in a more secure location, and get brought out as necessary, but all of them share a case with at least one other pen - I would not want them to get lonely.

Tom, this case came into my possession by chance bundled with another pen I bought recently. I find these two 'plain' pens work well together and the case allows me to leave them around the house ready for use without me overly worrying about the boys or dog fiddling with them! My special editions etc live in a more secure location, and get brought out as necessary, but all of them share a case with at least one other pen - I would not want them to get lonely.

~ dubhe:

I like your approach, which is a fresh notion for me.

As a direct result of your previous post and of this helpful follow-up post, I'm considering dual-pen cases.

Seeing the image was persuasive. Reading the explanation intensifies.

Thank you!

Tom K.

~ dubhe:

I like your approach, which is a fresh notion for me.

As a direct result of your previous post and of this helpful follow-up post, I'm considering dual-pen cases.

Seeing the image was persuasive. Reading the explanation intensifies.

Thank you!

Tom K.

Tom,

I also find some pens look better together. The Christie, Wilde, and Dostoevsky for example as they share a similar form.

The two pen cases with zips I find very secure and allow me to take pens in a normal bag without fear of them being damaged. The Siena type case, with fold and tuck type closure, I use for keeping pens together in a drawer.

It is also nice sometimes to open a case without knowing which pen will be used.

Just obtained, Great Characters (Beatles) special edition fountain pen and matching ballpoint.

FP only dipped so far, but will be running a full charge thru it very soon.

MB in workbag is star walker black mystery loved with rotring black.

fpn_1522620730__p1000702.jpg

Never try and teach a pig to sing: it wastes your time and annoys the pig

These two masterpieces, the 149 with a F nib, and the 30 with a EF nib.

fpn_1519819750__cu4f6843.jpg

fpn_1519819772__cu4f6928.jpg

~ farmdogfan:

Now that I'm enjoying regular writing with the 212 with an EF nib I'm better able to appreciate your lovely 30 with an EF nib.

The minimalist nib on both is especially appealing. The 30's two Montblanc snow stars are especially appealing.

The ink is Pelikan 4001 blue-black, as you kindly explained to me in another thread?

I've become convinced of the quality of Danish-made Coral Red Montblanc fountain pens, so this post has taken on added meaning.

BTW: I've returned twice to enjoy the photo of Freja taken at floor-level. Two friends admired the exceptionally fine photography. I told them that's your usual high standard.

Thank you for posting these photos.

Tom K.

Just obtained, Great Characters (Beatles) special edition fountain pen and matching ballpoint.

FP only dipped so far, but will be running a full charge thru it very soon.

MB in workbag is star walker black mystery loved with rotring black.

~ Diver:

Thank you for posting the image of your pair of Beatles pens.

I've just read several fountain pen reviews by QM2 in which she mentions her love for domed cap Montblancs.

Looking at your photo it struck me that the domed caps add to the visual appeal of the pens.

I hope that you'll enjoy writing with your new pens.

Tom K.

Thank you very much Tom, wished i had a better handwriting though.

Regards Per.

Edited by farmdogfan

I have several MBs that are in regular use. A 145 platinum, a 220, a 22, a 30, a blue generation, a Noblesse and a 252. They have a variety of nibs from fine to oblique. I love them all and they are a pleasure to write with.

~ arthurm:

That's a fine image.

It's so clear, with side lighting that accentuates the black, white, and metallic colors.

Very nice. Thank you for posting it.

Tom K.

Arthurm, welcome to FPN. Would you like to share a writing sample?

Edited by meiers

Farmdogfans 149 is a stunner. Those silver rings on the cap sing to my heart.

Edited by meiers

~ arthurm:

That's a fine image.

It's so clear, with side lighting that accentuates the black, white, and metallic colors.

Very nice. Thank you for posting it.

Tom K.

Thank you for your kind words!

Arthurm, welcome to FPN. Would you like to share a writing sample?

Here is a quick writing sample.

R1UWWi5.jpg

Really have to improve my handwriting..

MB 146

~ arthurm:

Thank you for posting a handwriting sample.

The Montblanc Permanent Blue in your Platinum 146 looks terrific on the Clairefontaine paper.

Is the nib an F? Or possibly an M?

To see a note written in Leiden is a rare pleasure.

Oort, van der Waals, Einstein, and the incomparable Rembrandt van Rijn — Leiden is a global treasure.

Tom K.