• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Andrew_L

• nishantdr83

• Baka1969

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool pen! I also have one Simplo, but the tip of the nib is completely worn off, and I'm not even sure that my nib is original. Yours looks great.

About fountain pens, inks and arts: http://lenskiy.org

or watch on social networks

Facebook: @ArtDesignPenS

Telegram: @ArtDesignPenS

Pinterest: ArtDesignPenS

Instagram: @andrew.lensky

Andrew, had a look onto your webpage (in your signature). That is gorgeous and a lot of talent and hard work goes into such sketches!! I am not even begin to understand the significance of the last 200 days for your nation, but I can fully comprehend the pain and hope put in every sketch and drawing! 

I also gather that you are into photography, and so am I: www.juliantanase.com, as an amateur enthusiast of B&W film and classic cameras. Hopefully this can develop in some other conversational subjects :) .

And thank you for your beautiful and heartfelt work!

Best!

264643240_minoxandfountainpen.png.2be96a1cb960c6ba19879d9d0fb2a13a.png              Fountain pens and Minox                                 

8 hours ago, Andrew_L said:

Thank you!

If ink window is blue, it must be an earlier model, approximately 1975-1976. I wonder, is you have a springy nib also or semi-flexible? My ink is also semi-vintage)), I think about 1990-2000, still in the "shoe" with smooth corners, but the color is similar to modern Royal Blue.

ps: I know mother, but I haven't seen her in a long time))

I purchased the 146—they had numbers back then, new, in about 1986. Of course, it could have been in stock for a while before I received it. After thirty-six years or so, it started leaking at the section. I tightened the nib a little bit with my wrench, but it still leaked. One of the men repairers at the San Francisco Pen Show said that I should unscrew the nib, clean the parts, and reassemble them with some silicone grease. When I got home, I took the pen apart. The threads were sealed with a reddish thread sealer. That's as far as I've gotten. I can't find my silicone grease, so I guess that I'll order some more. In any event, it is one of my favorite pens.

To answer your question, the 14K nib is very stiff—no flex to speak of. I like it that way. 

"One can not waste time worrying about small minds . . . If we were normal, we'd still be using free ball point pens." —Bo Bo Olson

"I already own more ink than a rational person can use in a lifetime." —Waski_the_Squirrel

I'm still trying to figure out how to list all my pens down here.

• 1 month later...

Today I'm using a vintage Montblanc 144 from the 1980s (not sure on the exact year.  My favorite purchase from the New York Metropolitan Pen Show!

"Live like you were dying" ~Tim McGraw.  Truer words have never been spoken, and you'll never know that until you've had to fight for your life.

11030010sm_Montblanc146_80s.jpg.8f6a14ee5e90941f32f6b8b78e7b4853.jpg
(half-vtg. Montblanc Meisterstuck 146, vtg. Montblanc Royal Blue, Double A(A4))

http://lenskiy.org/2022/09/montblanc-146-meisterstuck-from-1980s/

• 4 weeks later...

11240010sm_Montblanc148old_18k90.jpg.dee0dd69ff62f4e30070bdb1d087fb11.jpg

(Montblanc Meisterstuck 146 French edition, Diamine Wild Strawberry, Double A(A4))

http://lenskiy.org/2022/11/montblanc-146-meisterstuck-1990-french-edition/

Just inked up my new (to me) 149!

"Live like you were dying" ~Tim McGraw.  Truer words have never been spoken, and you'll never know that until you've had to fight for your life.

• 1 month later...
Received this one last December after its nib change to an OB, got sick and had been busy. Ink of choice is the Homer Greek Blue.

IMG_3201.jpg

IMG_3203.jpg

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

• 2 weeks later...

This thread reminds me I am not using any of my MB. Time to refill them from time to time .

Lovely share  and stories of all the MontBlanc .

Well, I needed to make some circles today, and I thought myself, “Hey self, why don’’t you use that that new-fangled circle nib thingy.”

I whipped out the old 149C, that’s what I call it, and…

All I can say is WOW, just Wow.

“ I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant”  Alan Greenspan

• 4 weeks later...

Today i inked my latest buy. Lets see how he will do, normally i do not use Meisterstücke (Have the Hamburg and the Tribute to Montblanc) more Great Characters or Writers Editions, but i love the color blue and i very liked the Lapislazuli with this Pen.

1676581103846.jpg

1676581103852.jpg

15 hours ago, mstrl said:

Today i inked my latest buy. Lets see how he will do, normally i do not use Meisterstücke (Have the Hamburg and the Tribute to Montblanc) more Great Characters or Writers Editions, but i love the color blue and i very liked the Lapislazuli with this Pen.

1676581103846.jpg

1676581103852.jpg

Hi. Which model is it?