What's Your Most Recent Mb Purchase? 2017

Ghost Plane

You just popped in?

It was while you wait? How much?

I'm seriously considering changing my fine to a broad on my Heritage 1912.

They ordered the B nib in for me and allowed me to retain the M too it arrived, so was able to wait - the B is divine, you should!

On the subject of new inks - 1 x Leonardo Red Chalk arrived this afternoon :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zaddick

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• Pravda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They ordered the B nib in for me and allowed me to retain the M too it arrived, so was able to wait - the B is divine, you should!

On the subject of new inks - 1 x Leonardo Red Chalk arrived this afternoon :)

You didn't say how much... I'm wondering if the Hong Kong service centre could help me.

At the moment I find reverse writing on the fine gives a really good fine italic, but with too much feedback and without the spring. To grind or not to grind...

This just came in last week but I haven't had time to ink it except this morning.

fpn_1484044359__img_7453.jpg

Oh...my...goodness!

I would have MADE time.

I picked up my Hemingway set from on hold at the package store yesterday, softening the blow of having to venture out into the snowy South to meet a client when every other person I knew was happily taking a snow day.

I am a devoted user of Fine nibs but find that on the Writers' Editions, medium also seems to satisfy. My handwriting is atrocious compared to other beautiful samples here, but I take solace in knowing that I often write 10+ legal pad pages a day between professional and avocational pursuits. So this will be a workhorse pen, even if the results are inelegant.

I would describe the color and overall look as "sexy ugly." I don't know why I like it so much, but I do.

Also purchased a green striated Montblanc 142 with a flexy nib that I am enjoying a lot.

Happy inking!

post-132119-0-86088400-1484066741_thumb.jpg

Edited by InkofLife

This just came in last week but I haven't had time to ink it except this morning.

That'll do.

You may not have the largest number (maybe you do), but you do have one of the most attractive collections.

What is your favourite to write with? The nib to paper experience.

I've never heard anyone refer to the Hemingway as "sexy ugly." :)

It has the classic 139 shape with a vitae inspired color palette. Easy to like in my book, even nice enough to understand why people can pay so much for one.

Enjoy

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Pravda - is that the 90th skeleton? I am torn between it and the blue hour. I hope MB comes out with one this year that finally gets me to hit the buy button.

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Oh...my...goodness!

I would have MADE time.

It's been a difficult few days and I wanted to wait for the right time to be properly psyched about it :)

**whisper** Its matching OBBB nib is scheduled to follow 2-3 weeks form now ;)

I picked up my Hemingway set from on hold at the package store yesterday, softening the blow of having to venture out into the snowy South to meet a client when every other person I knew was happily taking a snow day.

I am a devoted user of Fine nibs but find that on the Writers' Editions, medium also seems to satisfy. My handwriting is atrocious compared to other beautiful samples here, but I take solace in knowing that I often write 10+ legal pad pages a day between professional and avocational pursuits. So this will be a workhorse pen, even if the results are inelegant.

I would describe the color and overall look as "sexy ugly." I don't know why I like it so much, but I do.

Also purchased a green striated Montblanc 142 with a flexy nib that I am enjoying a lot.

Happy inking!

Beautiful pen congratulations! I have always fantasized about a Hemingway but never had the opportunity. Word of caution regarding Permanent Black, high tendency in some batches to stain the ink window. I would test in a less 'precious' pen first.

That'll do.

You may not have the largest number (maybe you do), but you do have one of the most attractive collections.

What is your favourite to write with? The nib to paper experience.

Jagwap- Thank you! You'll be surprised that my most comfortable/favorite writers are the 1906, 1912 and 1914 Heritages. A skeleton that's very comfortable is the Magical Black Widow 88

Pravda - is that the 90th skeleton? I am torn between it and the blue hour. I hope MB comes out with one this year that finally gets me to hit the buy button.

Zaddick- Yes it's the 90th Skeleton. Since I saw and posted about it in 2014 I never had a moment's doubt about it, just patiently waited for the opportune moment to go for it. I would say that came in the form of a piece that was sealed (both outer box and pen itself) with a recently signed warranty card to make me eligible for a nib exchange all offered at 35% discount :) I also know where you can get a similar deal on the BH if you ever get interested.

Let 2017 come at us with all it's might ;) we'll decide one step at a time?

~ Pravda:

I've just returned from a 6 day/5 night trip to Shanghai.

No Internet connection while there as I was out on an island where the Yangtze meets the East China Sea observing assorted endangered bird species.

Logging on to find your post with image above — WOOOOOOOOOOOOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What more dazzling way to kick off 2017?

Looking forward to its super-nib in the weeks to come.

Thank you so much for posting that.

Tom K.

Beautiful pen congratulations! I have always fantasized about a Hemingway but never had the opportunity. Word of caution regarding Permanent Black, high tendency in some batches to stain the ink window. I would test in a less 'precious' pen first.

Thanks for the word of caution! I had thought a Montblanc ink would be safe. The pen was promptly flushed and looks ok - was only in there a few hours. I will have to rethink what ink to use with this pen. Maybe time to go ink shopping :)

And enjoy your beautiful skeleton pen!

Pravda,

As always, thank you for your wonderful picture. You are truly one of our best tone-setters on this forum.

Pravda,

As always, thank you for your wonderful picture. You are truly one of our best tone-setters on this forum.

Thank you Mastiff, much obliged. I look forward to sharing more pictures and notes of it when the OBBB nib arrives.

Jagwap- Thank you! You'll be surprised that my most comfortable/favorite writers are the 1906, 1912 and 1914 Heritages. A skeleton that's very comfortable is the Magical Black Widow 88

Excellent. That lowers the chance of jealousy as I have a 1912. I'm thinking about a change from fine to broad... BB and OBB was too wide for my tiny scrawl.