Montblanc Red Gold 149 Obbb

Tom Kellie

Hmm. Might make a cruise past the thrift store worth it if I factor in the cost for a nib swap.

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Kellie

• Ghost Plane

• meiers

• zaddick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do I detect Kon Peki in use? I think I'm having almost as much fun watching your pen's daily excursions as you are writing your daily notes. Almost!

I also detected Kon Peki on the nibs :) The neon(ish) hue it leaves is easy to pick up

Here are some random 149 pictures I have taken to join Tom Kellie's on this fine weekend:

fpn_1488544997__photo_jun_29_12_02_25_pm

fpn_1488545040__photo_nov_23_6_04_27_pm.

fpn_1488544941__photo_jun_29_9_16_53_pm.

fpn_1488544889__photo_jul_16_9_17_40_pm.

~ The image below is especially for Pravda, who has a keen

appreciation of the different color tones of precious metal nibs.

fpn_1488609281__yellow_gold_red_gold_and

Yellow Gold, Red Gold and Platinum OBBBs on Italian Silk

Oh how much I miss English weather!

I remember Dubai being pretty good this time of the year, but I didn't like it much in the summer!

~ The image below is especially for Pravda, who has a keen

appreciation of the different color tones of precious metal nibs.

fpn_1488609281__yellow_gold_red_gold_and

Yellow Gold, Red Gold and Platinum OBBBs on Italian Silk

Beautiful! Would you happen to know the material or technique that makes the red gold nib "red" compared to the yellow gold nib?

fpn_1488617573__img_8305.jpg

Also a beautiful image. When I purchase my 149 in the near future, it will be difficult to decide between the yellow gold and red gold color. But I think I have decided on the BB nib.

Beautiful! Would you happen to know the material or technique that makes the red gold nib "red" compared to the yellow gold nib?

Copper makes red gold that lovely shade in nibs and jewelry. Yellow is the natural color. If they ever make a green gold nib using nickel, I'll drop everything to buy an OBBB!

Copper makes red gold that lovely shade in nibs and jewelry. Yellow is the natural color. If they ever make a green gold nib using nickel, I'll drop everything to buy an OBBB!

Thank you. I'm leaning towards the yellow gold, but the red gold is intriguing.

I got too accustomed to the red gold of watches that yellow nowadays looks to my eye a bit odd or old fashioned, despite the red gold gives off a more vintage look. I say red gold over yellow.

fpn_1488617573__img_8305.jpg

Never thought I'd be much of a fan of brown ink, but that really does look nice. MIght have to add that to the rotation.

Oh how much I miss English weather!

Me too...mostly! Speaking as a cyclist, I'd like a few more warmer days in the summer, but the rest suits me fine!