Topic Removed From Nibs And Tines Subforum Without Prior Notice.

Frank66

On Dec 17th, I posted a topic ''Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen Beaufort Ink Converter'' in the Nibs and Tines sunforum of the FPN. I misspelled the name Beaufort Ink (where I get the Bock nibs from in the UK) in the title, but the FPN does not allow you to edit the title of the post once there.

So on Dec 19th, I contacted both moderators of FPN Nibs and Tines subforum to ask for help to correct the spelling mistake.

The following day, I discovered my post was missing and after some search I discovered it was placed in a different subforum, namely the ''It Writes, But It Is Not A Fountain Pen....'' subforum. I think this has not done justice to my post. And here is why:

As stated in the FPN home page, The ''Of Nibs & Tines'' subforum heading includes topics such as ''Questions and Discussions about Nibs of any Materials, Preferences, Feeds, Flow Adjustment, the Why, How and What all go here.'', and my modified Jinhao pen with the rollerball nib fully qualifies under such description, since:

- it involves a fountain pen body

- it uses fountain pen ink, and not a rollerball refill

- it includes a fountain pen converter

- it has a feed

- it has a nib, even though it is a rollerball nib. Subforum description does not state that only pens with Nibs WITH tines should be mentioned here. There are other other fountain pens with alternative nibs, for instance, the Pilot Parallel pen that have 2 plates as a nib but who can claim that they are not fountain pens and do not belong to be discussed in this subforum? Also there are the Hero 360 degree nib fountain pens, who can argue if they are fountain pens or not?

- The subforum heading is ''Of Nibs & Tines'' and it is not ''Of Nibs WITH Tines'', If this was the case, then the subforum description should clearly state so.

- Finally I do not understand how my modification should stand along with other posts in the ''It Writes, But It Is Not A Fountain Pen....'' subforum, including typewriters, ballpoint pens, pencils, gel refill rollerballs etc.

With all due respect to the moderators of ''Of Nibs & Tines'' subforum, I would appreciate it if they kindly reconsider transferring my post back in its initial place, which is a place we all have contributed and loved.

Sincerely.

-Frank66

Edited by Frank66

- Kaigelu 316 Modification (250 #6 Bock Nib / Beaufort Ink Converter)
- Titanium Bock Nib - Kaigelu 316 - Beaufort Ink

- Bock Rollerball Nib In Jinhao 886 Pen - Beaufort Ink Converter

- No affiliation with pen industry, just a pen hobbyist.

- It matters what you write, only for us it matters what we write it with.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jar

• pajaro

• Chrissy

• Frank66

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IMHO the only question that needs to be asked about your topic is: Is the pen definitely a fountain pen? :)

If you can't answer yes to that question then surely the topic should be and has been correctly placed in the forum 'It Writes But It Is Not A Fountain Pen'

This is the question that FPN Moderators will use when deciding in which forum to place your topic. :)

IMHO the only question that needs to be asked about your topic is: Is the pen definitely a fountain pen? :)

If you can't answer yes to that question then surely the topic should be and has been correctly placed in the forum 'It Writes But It Is Not A Fountain Pen'

This is the question that FPN Moderators will use when deciding in which forum to place your topic. :)

+1 That's what I thought when I saw this topic.

"Don't hurry, don't worry. It's better to be late at the Golden Gate than to arrive in Hell on time."
--Sign in a bar and grill, Ormond Beach, Florida, 1960.

Since not one of us other than moderators can move threads why is this even being discussed at this level?

Is there some point to your OP other than personal pique?

My Website

Frank66, if you are writing this looking for feedback, an answer if hypothetically fellow-members were moderators, then having read the detail of your post and before seeing later replies my reaction was that I would have moved it as was done.

As jar and PaganArcher aptly point out, that hypothetical opinion is worthless except to the extent it may ease your pique. Maybe it won't. :)

X

I have no clue which moderator moved it. But I think that a review of the rules and guidelines (drop down menu at the top of the page) may be helpful. For your convenience I'm quoting part of it here, the relevant sections highlighted in bold type.

Furthermore, we reserve the right to do any or all of the following, at our own discretion:

Request that a member alter or remove their posts as necessary
Remove questionable posts from view, including posts and topics considered to be spam
Move a post to an appropriate forum
Close discussion on a thread, leaving previous replies intact but disallowing further discussion
Issue warnings and demerits for breach of the rules and guidelines
Suspend or ban members who violate the rules and guidelines of The Fountain Pen Network

Do note that discussion of Moderator and Administrator actions and/or decisions in the forums is not allowed. If you have questions or concerns please handle them through PM or email only.

Please note the last two sentences of the quote.

spacer.png
Visit Main Street Pens
A full service pen shop providing professional, thoughtful vintage pen repair...

Please use email, not a PM for repair and pen purchase inquiries.