Pif - Stipula Pens

stephanos

I find FPN a very friendly community and an excellent resource, and I like the idea of giving back.

This year, I have two Stipula pens that I no longer want, and which I would like to give away via FPN, to two winners.

WHAT CAN YOU WIN?

One of two Stipula pens.

WHO CAN ENTER?

Anyone. But, if you already have a Stipula pen, please think twice before entering.

HOW CAN YOU ENTER?

Write a comment in this thread, containing two pieces of information: 1) Which pen you are going for; 2) Why you want that pen and not the other one.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

• Enter by the end of Wednesday 21 December; that is, by 23:59 on that day, wherever you are.
  • Shortly thereafter I shall assign all entrants a number and pick one winner for each pen using a random number generator.
  • I shall then announce the winners on this thread and contact them via PM. I shall probably post off the prizes in the week commencing 26 December, though it may be a little later.
  • Winners who do not respond to me VIA PM by the end of December forfeit their prize and I shall draw another winner.
  • I will cover the cost of standard (non-tracked, non-insured) postage anywhere in the world; if you want registered mail, we can discuss the cost bilaterally.

THE PRIZES

Xalegrafica Alpha

Thin plastic pen made to look like vintage black hard rubber, with a push-button filling-system on the side, the button being held in place by a flat band (in practice, a little like a crescent filler). The nib is steel and probably a Fine. The cap is the same material and has no clip. Elegant, classic styling. Posts well and is nicely-balanced. I’ve had it for a few years and have only ever used it once, as I didn’t really get on with it. I think it wrote OK, but it is too thin for my above-average-sized hands, and the button-filler sticking out of the side makes it impractical. As far as I know, the Alpha is one of a line of Xalegrafica models that Stipula made for the Italian market, to pay homage to various vintage designs.

I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye (I think that's the model)

Translucent brown-and-grey barrel (acrylic?), with a metal section and a steel medium italic/stub nib. The cap is metal and has what looks like a tiger’s eye stone in the clip. Cartridge filling system (standard international, no converter with pen). The pen does post, but the metal cap makes it ridiculously unbalanced. The barrel has no marking – the only identifier is the Stipula branding on the nib. I know I’ve used it at least twice, but not for a while and I don’t remember the writing experience: it probably wrote fine, but as I like posting my pens, my abiding memory of using it is its unbalanced nature. As far as I know, there are various colours in the Castoni range, and most use matching materials for the cap and barrel, making a metal cap a little unusual.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stephanos

• mehandiratta

• mhguda

• jay.is.here

Thanks for your generous offer,

I don't have any Italian Fountain pen in my possession. I would love to have Xalegrafica Alpha due to its vintage style button filling.

"It's simple to be happy but difficult to be simple"

Thank for the generous PIF. I have never held a Stipula, so I will throw my hat in the ring. I would like to be considered for the Xalegrafica Alpha. I love the vintage look. I also don't mind the thin body. Thanks again for the opportunity to win such a generous PIF.

Thanks for the opportunity. I will probably never see one of these in person, so I'm in.

My preference is the I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye.

The Alpha's thinner body would not be a good match for my arthritis.

And I have no clue why everything is underline. I have not chose that in the editor, nor can I make it stop, lol

Edited by Fountain Pen Mike

I would love to be included, I've never owned or held or stipula pen.

My interest lies primarily with the Alpha/pen #1 listed, as I find that I need pens with a slightly slimmer section than some prefer and the pen is described as thin.

Cool! Great PIF.

I'd like to put my name in the hat for the I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye, both for the larger diameter and also because it looks pretty cool on google images!

Cheers!

Thank you for the PIF! I am interested in the Xalegrafica Alpha because of the black rubber vintage stylings and the interesting filling system. I imagine it'll be fine for my hands since I can write with the Noodler's Creaper without too much trouble.

I'd love to be entered for the I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye pen. I prefer stub nibs to fine nibs and a quick search to find out what the Castoni looks like caught my attention right away. I love celluloid looking pens and would really enjoy the color scheme of this pen. It's gorgeous.

Thank you.

Edited by dvalliere

Hi this I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye the pen I would like because no .1 I have never had a stipula pen and m0.2 the color sounds amazing and I would like to use an italic stub nib at some point in my life . The other one seems like it would be difficult to fill for me . I hope this all makes sense and thank you for such a great PIF . Merry Christmas and happy new year ....

I had a Stipula (can't recall the model at the moment) that had the sweetest stub nib I've ever run across. For some inexplicable reason I sold it and have regretted it ever since. Would really like the I Castoni since it has the stub nib and I have absolutely no familiarity with the other pen.

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. - Mark Twain

A very generous PIF! I have never used a Stipula pen before, and would be interested in the I Castoni, Tiger’s Eye. I am not a big fan of really thin pens or fine nibs, so I think the medium italic on this one would suit me better.

Thank you very much for considering my entry.

Awesome PIF, stephanos!

I would love to be considered for the I Castoni, Tiger's Eye. The stub nib seems really appealing to me since I've only tried ordinary tipped nibs.

The material it was made from is very beautiful as well.

Happy Holidays :)

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!

I'd like to be considered for the I Castoni Tiger's Eye. I've never had or even seen a Stipula, but occasionally read about them here on FPN, and the PiF with this name tickled my curiosity. Mostly it's the name, and because of the possibility of it containing that stone, which my mother (who passed away early this year) always liked. So I'd like to throw my name into the hat, so to speak.

And because this is the one I want, I do not want to compete for the other one. Hope that is enough of a reason for you.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I would like to be considered for the Xalegrafica Alpha please.

- I feel much intrigued by the description (and the lack of illustrative pictures online).

- I'm also interested in getting deeper into internal sac filling mechanisms. Currently I only have -out of pens that are complete and usable- one Esterbrook and I'm flip-flopping back and forth with whether I like it or not.

- I like my pens posted (most of the time) and thus I like a pen that offers great balance when posted.

- I like a bit of dazzle and flash and orange is in fact my favourite colour, but seeing the tiger's eye in pictures, I can't help but think that that's a bit much for my taste.

I have never owned an Italian fountain pen. I once stood in front of a Stipula retailer in Germany, but it looked so terribly posh that my heart sank and I did not go in. I had not had the funds for anything like that at the time.

Thank you very much for the opportunity. It goes without saying that I greatly appreciate it.

Edited by mike.jane