Lamy Pacific Blue Le Ink 2017

visvamitra

It does seem odd for Lamy to introduce a new color that's almost indistinguishable from a current color. I mean, a company like Diamine, well over a hundred colors with 5 or 6 turquoise-y blues that are similar but slightly different, sure, but when your range consists of 12 colors, I'd think you'd be looking to expand that with something significantly different than the others.

It's hard work to tell which is Old Harry when everybody's got boots on.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• Runnin_Ute

• Astronymus

• visvamitra

I believe that someone from Lamy has confirmed that this is exactly the same ink as Turquoise. Different box and different lid. Like Waterman did with their Inspired Blue/Blue Obsession.

If you want an ink to match the Pacific Al Star, get Diamine Asa Blue. The Pacific Al Star is actually Windex Blue.

- Anthony

I only just found out the Pacific Blue is rebottled Turquoise - I feel cheated and have told Lamy such. I will see if they bother to reply.

As soon as I seen it for sale I bought 2 bottles (to bump me into free postage), Lamy screwed Europe with Dark Lilac, now they screwed the world with Pacific Blue.

:angry:

What I want to know is if they're going to do an ink for the Petrol Safari. That I would buy. Do they usually do that? I'm not typically a Lamy LE guy, but that Petrol... I'm getting one of those.

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

You'll have to wait like everyone else. Many people are waiting for that ink, if it will exist. Let's hope it won't be just standard blue-black. :)

What I want to know is if they're going to do an ink for the Petrol Safari. That I would buy. Do they usually do that? I'm not typically a Lamy LE guy, but that Petrol... I'm getting one of those.

YES. They are... it's due out in April. :)

I hope they make enough; I never got the lilac ink. :(

- Anthony

It does seem odd for Lamy to introduce a new color that's almost indistinguishable from a current color. I mean, a company like Diamine, well over a hundred colors with 5 or 6 turquoise-y blues that are similar but slightly different, sure, but when your range consists of 12 colors, I'd think you'd be looking to expand that with something significantly different than the others.

Perhaps they just don't want to be a Company that has many ink colours?

Let's hope it won't be just standard blue-black. :)

Ack, don't say that! :(

I choose to think the Pacific LE is just turquoise because they've decided that the world should not be forced to exist without Dark Lilac in the regular line up, so they're using the LE edition capacity they would have been using for a new colour to brew up lots and lots of Lilac instead. Hey, a girl can dream. :D

I have a bottle of the Pacific on its way. I should have by Tuesday the 22nd. I will do up a writing sample with it, and a couple of other similar colors that I have. (Diamine Steel Blue and perhaps KWZI IG Turquoise), since I don't have any Lamy inks up until now.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

...but I feel betrayed

Money buys you a pen and some ink. Not loyalty.

Lamy is jumping on the LE bandwagon to charge a higher price for the same old same old with nothing else changing

I'm thinking Lysistrata

Lamy is jumping on the LE bandwagon to charge a higher price for the same old same old with nothing else changing

I'm not seeing any evidence the Pacific LE ink costs more than their other inks.

I'm not seeing any evidence the Pacific LE ink costs more than their other inks.

I paid $10.50 for my bottle of Pacific from Goulet. By comparison the Robert Oster ink I got on the same order - same size bottle (50 ml) is $16.00.

Brad

I'm not thrilled. How about you? I would enjoy cinammon or nutmeg or matcha green or million others than this. Of course, I'll buy it and review it but I feel betrayed :/

Matcha green....YES! Can someone make this please?? :D

fpn_1451608922__truthpil_signature_small

• 3 months later...

In spite of all the negativity, a pen pal used this ink, and I saw something quite wonderful. I enjoy this ink very much, and if people don't like it, they don't have to buy/use it.

fpn_1497304509__2017-06-12_160050.jpg

fpn_1497304531__2017-06-12_160130.jpg

fpn_1497304546__2017-06-12_160246.jpg