Lamy Pacific Blue Le Ink 2017

visvamitra

I would love to see a swab of it... To hard to tell just by the color on the box or cap. Might be close, might not.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• Runnin_Ute

• Astronymus

• visvamitra

Has this ink been seen in the wild yet? I'd love to know what it looks like on paper.

Probably not until spring.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

As a fan of Lamy's standard turquoise (the swatch in my avatar), I'm really curious how this Pacific Blue LE compares. I really need to see this one on paper first.

Edited by ErrantSmudge

Has this ink been seen in the wild yet? I'd love to know what it looks like on paper.

I ordered cartridges in the Lamy shop. Shipment begins on 6th of February.

I don't mind the pen color, could work well with Ama Iro or Navajo Turquoise. I'll pass on the ink though. The Safari color looks interesting the the ink will probably be right up my alley.

I'm hoping the LE ink follows the Vista, not the AL Star, as last year as I'm looking forwards to their Petrol variation of teal.

Yeah, I would have preferred the Petrol Blue color...

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

Yes, and Petrol Blue would have been a truly unique color in their ink lineup. I'm not convinced Ocean Blue is going to look that much different from their standard Turquoise.

I do like the ideas of cinnamon and nutmeg offered by Visvamitra, But if the color is similar to the old Waterman South Sea Blue, I'd be interested.

I'd like a brown Safari some day, almost any shade of brown would do. And if they can bring back apple green and pink and add them to the regular lineup, why not the original green and orange ones?

Posted Image

Psychic spies from China

Try to steal your mind's elation

Little girls from Sweden

Dream of silver screen quotations

If you don't want these kind of dreams

It is Pacification

Very Good. :)

- Anthony

Lamy Pacific Ink And Lamy Turquoise will be exactly the same according to Lamy:

"There is a LAMY AL-star pacific ink available in a special edition packaging, but the colour is in fact identical to our standard turquoise ink. We hope we could help you 1f642.png Best wishes, your Lamy team"

Yikes. If they can't come up with an original ink it's ok, but rebranding a regular one and making it "LE"...

At least they're honest about it.

Sounds like they've done a Waterman - see "Blue Obsession" ink, which I gather is simply Serenity Blue with a different label. As long as it is made clear and they're not trying to make mugs of their customers, then, well, fair enough, I suppose.

Lamy Pacific Ink And Lamy Turquoise will be exactly the same according to Lamy:

"There is a LAMY AL-star pacific ink available in a special edition packaging, but the colour is in fact identical to our standard turquoise ink. We hope we could help you 1f642.png Best wishes, your Lamy team"

Not exactly what most of us have in mind when it comes to the definition of "limited edition"... :huh: