Nib For Sheaffer Fashion Fountain Pen.

ObSub

Hallo,

Have had a Sheaffer Fashion fountain pen since my early teens. At some stage the pen developed flow issues. Being young and foolish my attempts to fix things made everything worse. Meantime the seals that keep ink where it should be seem to have dozed. Whilst I'd prefer to get it fixed, I suspect it would be cheaper to buy a replacement nib.

Rummaging around on the internet would suggest that the nibs in the Fashion are the same as the TRZ nibs. Indeed they look identical.

Would anyone be able to confirm either way?

Unhappy looking nib:

post-133348-0-48639400-1481474367_thumb.jpg

Happy, unused nib (not my image):

post-133348-0-76474300-1481474436.png

TRZ nibs (not my image):

post-133348-0-26978200-1481474473.png

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mitto

• AL01

• ObSub

• Ron Z

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The sections (alongwith nib units) of TRZ and Fasion-1 are interchangable. The fasion-2 is, however, a different pen that has the standard size and is not a slim pen like tha TRZ and the Fasiin-1.

I, however, am not sure if the nib from one pen into the other is swapable.

Khan M. Ilyas

Thank you :)

Mine is a Fashion 1, apparently. Think I meant the section rather than the nib, as the nib does not look possible to easily change. The sections are cheap, however.

You could strip the plating off of the nib. Use a little bit of brasso to help. I have used this on a Wearever pennant and it looks like brrrraaaannnd new!

How would Brasso take gold plating off stainless steel? That doesn't make sense. The nib has ink on it, which washes off just fine - that is not why it isn't working.

I have done it before on some gold-plated trim. First see if you can pull the nib and feed out. Get some of that silvery stuff from DVD cases and floss the tines and the feed. This may help or it may not. Try to literally and carefully brush the feed to remove all ink. If this doesn't work, send a picture to the network and you may have to floss it some more or find a way to widen the ink flow channel.

I once picked up a TRZ for $2 for the sake of the Sheaffer slim converter that was with the pen. I needed the converter for my slim Targa.

Khan M. Ilyas