• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lgsoltek

• oregano

• KaB

• niunia

Thanks for a great review, Lgsoltek! KWZ Aztek Gold is my all time favorite ink (at least this week)...I just love writing with it and watching the color change. I've had a couple pens loaded with it ever since it came out. What a great time to be into fountain pens with the recent introduction of KWZ and Robert Oster inks...awesome colors and pretty well behaved. Like being in Pen & Ink heaven...as it were.

Mary

• 9 months later...

my first (and uptil now) only IG. Even if only IGL.

Love it though. The colour and the behaviour. Has been in an EDC almost constantly since I got it.

247254751_TSUKI-Yo_emptycompressedverkleind.gif.bfc6147ec85572db950933e0fa1b6100.gif

It's one of the few gold or yellow inks I like, because it's dark enough to be really legible.

Thanks for the review. I really need to get a full bottle of it....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

• 1 year later...

How does it perform on cheap paper. I recently got a bottle of Kwz IG blue no 5 , and while I love the color it bleeds on cooy paper. I was hoping for a better performance from an IG.

How does it perform on cheap paper. I recently got a bottle of Kwz IG blue no 5 , and while I love the color it bleeds on cooy paper. I was hoping for a better performance from an IG.

I don't remember having trouble with Aztec Gold, but it all depends on each paper... The KWZ inks all tend to be fairly wet.

• 2 months later...

What is the difference between this and the regular ig Gold? I want a legible daily writing applicable, classy looking gold/old sepia color.

Edited by jsrnn

What is the difference between this and the regular ig Gold? I want a legible daily writing applicable, classy looking gold/old sepia color.

It's a bit more golden when it fully oxidizes would be the biggest difference to IG Gold. It is considered a Iron Gall Light (LGL) ink because it does not have as much iron gall component as many of the other KWZ IG inks, but I believe many of the lighter brown KWZ IG inks are not the most concentrated inks in this regard. This will also depend on how wet the pen you are using is, as a very wet pen will probably have the ink oxide to a similar shade to IG Gold overtime. I like them both, need to make Aztec Gold my next fill, though the waitlist keeps growing!!

FP Ink Orphanage-Is an ink not working with your pens, not the color you're looking for, is never to see the light of day again?!! If this is you, and the ink is in fine condition otherwise, don't dump it down the sink, or throw it into the trash, send it to me (payment can be negotiated), and I will provide it a nice safe home with love, and a decent meal of paper! Please PM me!<span style='color: #000080'>For Sale:</span> TBA

Great review, the writing is what Ina Ho's label looks like, but it comes out as a green.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell