Asa Maya: A Review Of A Dream Pen

Sagarb

After reading this review I had put in an order for one some time ago, I am delighted to say that it is now on its way to me (received the tracking number with the shipment notification) :)

I eagerly await its arrival, really looking forward to it :D

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sagarb

• subbucal

• Jamerelbe

• mhguda

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

After reading this review I had put in an order for one some time ago, I am delighted to say that it is now on its way to me (received the tracking number with the shipment notification) :)

I eagerly await its arrival, really looking forward to it :D

finally

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Very, very good review.

Amazing Review... ASA Maya looks fantastic.. Made in INDIA. :)

Thank you..

Sagar Bhowmick

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered mine in Jowo 1.1 nib - though the price is more than double (compared to asa nib package)

Waiting for it now.

Any one has any experience on Jowo 1.1 on asa pens?

Just received my Maya. It is even better in person than in the excellent photos. Superb workmanship, even by Subramaniam's high standards.

ron

The design and craftsmanship of ASA pens consistently impresses me. I've ordered a Maya in ED with the ASA F nib on January 21st. I can't wait for it to arrive... despite the low price, this pen speaks to me more than almost any other I've ever seen.

Keep up the excellent work Mr. Subramanium.

The design and craftsmanship of ASA pens consistently impresses me. I've ordered a Maya in ED with the ASA F nib on January 21st. I can't wait for it to arrive... despite the low price, this pen speaks to me more than almost any other I've ever seen.

Keep up the excellent work Mr. Subramanium.

thanks

I received my Maya about two weeks ago. This is my third custom pen from ASA, starting with a clipless Nauka. They have all been superb writers, all having the Schmidt "M" nibs. This new design, with the ASA logo on the clip, and the two bands in silver, contrasting beautifully with the rich black ebonite, is very beautiful. As usual, the pen is light and very well balanced. I use this one with the cap posted, although I use the Nauka and the Demonstrator unposted.

I have been very pleased with all of these, and intend to order all of the custom offerings that appeal to me. That seems to include everything that has been offered for some time. I've curtailed my buying, since I own too many pens, well over 50, and do not do the extensive writing that I have always done in prior years. Each of these has been a pleasure to own and use. They seem to get better with each new design, although the Maya will be hard to better.

Many thanks to ASA for never lowering their high standard, and maintaining a price that is one of the few handmade bargains left.

Harry

• 2 weeks later...

Finally recd my Maya today - it looks and feels v good - thank you Mr. Subbu.

I ordered with a Jowo 1.1 stub - which is my first stub ever. I have a query which is - the nib appears to be little scratchy and hard - not smooth like a B nib from twsbi. Are jowo 1.1 nibs supposed to be like that or it would smoother over time. I used Private Reserve Orange Crush ink.

Will post pics tom.

I ordered with a Jowo 1.1 stub - which is my first stub ever. I have a query which is - the nib appears to be little scratchy and hard - not smooth like a B nib from twsbi. Are jowo 1.1 nibs supposed to be like that or it would smoother over time. I used Private Reserve Orange Crush ink.

Will post pics tom.

I just received my Maya today. It's stunning in person, and a joy to hold. It seems like it was made for my hands.

I love the simple, elegant design and the slight taper to the body. I'll be buying a few more of these.

Edited by Aeltar

I received my Maya about two weeks ago. This is my third custom pen from ASA, starting with a clipless Nauka. They have all been superb writers, all having the Schmidt "M" nibs. This new design, with the ASA logo on the clip, and the two bands in silver, contrasting beautifully with the rich black ebonite, is very beautiful. As usual, the pen is light and very well balanced. I use this one with the cap posted, although I use the Nauka and the Demonstrator unposted.

I have been very pleased with all of these, and intend to order all of the custom offerings that appeal to me. That seems to include everything that has been offered for some time. I've curtailed my buying, since I own too many pens, well over 50, and do not do the extensive writing that I have always done in prior years. Each of these has been a pleasure to own and use. They seem to get better with each new design, although the Maya will be hard to better.

Many thanks to ASA for never lowering their high standard, and maintaining a price that is one of the few handmade bargains left.

Thank you !!

I just received my Maya today. It's stunning in person, and a joy to hold. It seems like it was made for my hands.

I love the simple, elegant design and the slight taper to the body. I'll be buying a few more of these.

Thank you !!

Will post pics tom.

Thank you !!

Will post pics tom.

post-133398-0-87228800-1487221481_thumb.jpg

My ASA Maya arrived last week. It came with the ASA B nib. It is very wet and per Mr. Subramanium stated earlier on, it is quite broad (1 mm).

Interestingly, it come with the "flat" feed and I guess the ink is almost running out (used as an eye-dropper), and there must be burping as ink was all over my fingers.

In the package, Mr. Subramanium also kindly included separately the round feed (shown in the picture by the OP) with the tiny plastic tube.

I wonder if the feed is friction fit, so I can jut pull out the flat one and inserted the rounded one with the nib? Would this avoid ink burping?

Many thanks, ben