• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• Freddy

• siddr90

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the bag I take to work one of my Platinum #3776 (M or Music Nib) filled with Noodler's 54 Massachusetts or Upper Ganges Blue, as well as a TWSBI 700 with Akkerman China Town or Noodler's Antietam (for editing)

In my coat or at home, i try to rotate the rest

Best wishes

Victor

For meetings it is my Pilot Vanishing Point, no hassle with a cap.

This. Bexley Submariner for desk work.

I have a handful of pens in constant rotation, though the one I always look forward to the most is my black P61...for whatever reason, that pen is flawless in my hand and I've never had an issue with clogging/etc. At the same time, I only use Skrip ink in it, so that could be part of it. Coming in a close second is a Sheaffer Admiral snorkel with an exceptionally smooth medium nib.

At work, however, my preferred pen has always been my trusty Sheaffer school pen with the rounded ends. It never fails me.

Within the past week though, I finally found a PFM III like I've been searching for the past couple years and it was a great price. On Christmas, I look forward to opening/inking it up...so in the future, we'll see if the P61 gets replaced as my favorite.

post-125806-0-15096300-1482001544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wxman2000

Lamy_Nexx_M%2C_Lamy_Vista%2C_Gama_Suprem

My Gama Supreme ebonite eyedropper. This Indian jumbo sized pen dwarfs most pens and for me is an ergonomic delight. I have to confess I am an average shoesize 15 guy, so what pens I consider ergonomic and pocketable might differ from what most people like.

post-122781-0-19426200-1482744034_thumb.jpg

Nakaya Piccolo with 0.5mm stub is my favourite daily writer. I do prefer to rotate between MB starwalker, VP and Pilot E95s as well.

for more than 20 years already I carry in my bag a small pen pouch which houses my trusty trio of Montblanc Meisterstück 114 Mozart set of Fountain, Ballpoint, and mechanical pencil and that's my goto daily driver most of the time. When I am out on casual dressing, say without a bag , I try to take along a fountain pen that's light and which I can bang around ( say clipped to the jean ). I just take whatever at the time I've inked up and can suffice.

I've finally noticed that as long as the nib is smooth and there are no start or flow problems, it depends more on the colour in each pen... Currently it's hard not to write with a Parker Sonnet with a new F steel nib and a Sailor Pro Gear in M, with R&K Verdigris and Tsuyu Kusa.

fpn_1482784648__img_20161226_143402.jpg

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Posted Image Nakaya.jpg

Nakaya Piccolo with 0.5mm stub is my favourite daily writer. I do prefer to rotate between MB starwalker, VP and Pilot E95s as well.

Wowzer 😳 Beautiful pen. Where can I get one?

I'm also a rotator. Favorites are Montblanc Blue Hour, Montblanc Ultra Black, GvFC Intuition Platino Wood, Lamy Dark Lilac, and TWSBI 580s. I carry 2 FPs and 1 alternative. The alternative at the moment is the Montblanc Special Edition Meisterstück 90 Years Ballpoint with a Monteverde capless gel refill.

post-118452-0-32246100-1482906277_thumb.jpg

I have seven pens that I keep in my rotation, refilling as needed rather than flushing and putting them away. They are

Conid King Size Bulkfiller Medium Stub (FPN Celebration Blue Pearl) - Iroshizuku Asa-gao ink

CN01_Conid_FPN_Celebration_Blue_Pearl%2C

Classic Pens Black Prototype Broad Cursive Italic - Pilot Blue-Black ink (Picture not to scale, this pen is about the same size as the one above. In fact, all of the pens are approximately the same size.)

CP04_Classic_Pens_Black_Legend_Prototype

Pilot Custom 74 Fine - Pilot Blue - Pilot Blue ink

PI14_Pilot_Custom_74_Blue.jpg

Pilot Custom 823 Medium Cursive Italic - Pilot Blue ink

Pilot_Custom_823_Amber%2C_closed.jpg

Pilot Custom 912 Spencerian Nib - Pilot Black ink

PI17_Black_Pilot_Custom_912%2C_closed.jp

Platinum 3776 Century Fine - Pilot Blue ink

PL09_Platinum_3776_Shoji_Clear_LE.jpg

Pelikan M1000 Broad Cursive Italic - Montblanc Black ink

Pelikan_M1000_Green_Striped%2C_photo.jpg

Bill Sexauer
http://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768697.0/org/p/PCA+++Logo+small.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/zyNIMDOgTcgMOO/5768694.0/org/p/Blk+Pen+Society+Icon.jpghttp://bulk-share.slickpic.com/album/share/TE3TzMUAMMYyNM/8484890.0/300/p/CP04_Black_Legend%2C_Small.jpg
PCA Member since 2006

Wowzer Beautiful pen. Where can I get one?

Get thee to nibs.com. But you won't be able to get this color, since Nakaya discontinued the Shiro-tamenuri finish a couple of years ago. This was a rotten shame, because it was their most beautiful color. There are plenty of other nice ones, though, and John Mottishaw does wonderful work on the nibs.

Here is the page for the Piccolo model that you admired:

https://www.nibs.com/catalog/pens/brand/nakaya-13/brand/piccolo-313

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

Get thee to nibs.com. But you won't be able to get this color, since Nakaya discontinued the Shiro-tamenuri finish a couple of years ago. This was a rotten shame, because it was their most beautiful color. There are plenty of other nice ones, though, and John Mottishaw does wonderful work on the nibs.

Here is the page for the Piccolo model that you admired:

https://www.nibs.com/catalog/pens/brand/nakaya-13/brand/piccolo-313

I know it looks like a Shiro-tamenuri, but this one is actually a Heki-tamenuri. The green finish looks tan / brown under bright light.

Rotate between Faber Castell Ebony F and Stipula Novecento EF for the last few months as daily carry / work pens.

The Stipula was a surprise as to how easy it was to write a few pages while lost in thought.

I know it looks like a Shiro-tamenuri, but this one is actually a Heki-tamenuri. The green finish looks tan / brown under bright light.

It's stunning. It looks like ceramic.

A Platinum 3776 was my daily carry for a couple of years, and then I lost it. Then I found it again but decided to place it on inactive duty while I audition a couple of other candidates. So far a black matte Targa with a wonderful 14K medium nib and a Lamy Safari haven't made the cut - because of weight. I've learned that weight is a big consideration for me when choosing a daily carry, because my biggest worry with a pen that travels is loss. The Lamy is too light; it's hard to tell if it's in a pocket, and the slightest nudge sends it flying. The Targa is too heavy; it will slide off a stack of papers if they're on a slant and has a tendency to drop out of pockets. Both are comfortable writers but too risky in transit. A Parker 51 (or Duofold) is perfect, but I'm reluctant to carry vintage pens and increase their chances of getting lost. This is somewhat irrational, I realize, because there are lots of 51s out there to serve as replacements, but it bugs me that a wonderful 70 year old pen might just wind up, instead of someone else's beloved writing instrument, crushed on the floor of a parking garage. So, I'm still auditioning.

James