willshung

What's everyone's favorite pen/daily driver? I use a Dunhill Sidecar black resin ballpoint. Not the most popular pen out there, but sure is a beauty. Helps that I'm a huge fan of Dunhill!

What do you all use on a daily basis??

post-132971-0-31293900-1481244001_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jmccarty3

• Freddy

• siddr90

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About the only requirement for me is that it must be a fountain pen, no ball points or rollerballs. A pencil is an acceptable substitute in most cases.

My Website

For meetings it is my Pilot Vanishing Point, no hassle with a cap. For correspondence it is a Pelikan M630 or a Parker Duovac, or any of a number of my other pens. It depends on my mood.

I try to use all my pens, although the most expensive ones I only take them out occasionally for fear of them being damaged. As a daily writers, the ones that I use more are.

-My vintage Aurora 88, from end of the 40s. Wow! What a comfortable and superb writer! I bought it used but in excellent condition and it performs flawlessly. It has this pleasant amount of feedback typical of Aurora without being scratchy. The snap on close mechanism is very comfortable, and the semi hooded nib allows for maximum precision and comfort. Also, it posts very securely. For me a daily pen must be one that posts snugly.

- My Lamy 2000: it has all the advantages mentioned for the Aurora, and further, the texture of the makrolon finish is very ergonomic. A wet line smooth as glass, if you hit the sweet point.

- My pelikan m400 white tortoise. Beautiful pen, small sized, and very light in weight.

Usually an Esterbrook J with #2284 nib...but I recently acquired a Noodler's Ahab and right out of the box (literally) it is the sexiest writer I own. I haven't been able to put it down since I got it...and that's just using it normally and not for the flex. Just dumb luck, but perfect wetness, perfect feedback, perfectly smooth...best $20. I ever spent. Whodathunk?

Mary

Mine's a Pilot Custom Heritage 91 with the SM (soft medium) nib. Always inked up with Sailor Sei-Boku blue black. Writes like a dream and is very comfortable to hold. CON-70 gives it good ink capacity for heavy usage. Resists drying out although it seldom has a chance to , considering the frequent usage. This pen never leaves my side.

About the only requirement for me is that it must be a fountain pen, no ball points or rollerballs. A pencil is an acceptable substitute in most cases.

+1

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I use Sharpies on occasion. :)

But I label my CDRs with an FP! :P

I have worn the frosting off from a 51 Flighter, always filled with Private Reserve DC Supershow Blue.

Always inked, always on my work desk, the first go-to pen for the job, in the office or out.

Don't want to be without it for the time it takes to have it sent out for frosting.

gary

+1

+2 but without the pencil.

Ian

What's everyone's favorite pen/daily driver? I use a Dunhill Sidecar black resin ballpoint. Not the most popular pen out there, but sure is a beauty. Helps that I'm a huge fan of Dunhill!

What do you all use on a daily basis??

Welcome Aboard.... Willshung....my daily can occasionally be seen here.....

What Pens Are You Using Today.........current post.......

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/302475-what-pens-are-you-using-today-2016/?p=3744110

and here is an earlier post.......

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/topic/302475-what-pens-are-you-using-today-2016/?p=3743683

Currently when I do go to work....I have someone drive me in.....

No daily driver to report.

Your friend and mine

Fred

Ladies and Gents please excuse the Dreaded Double Post.

Fred

Don't be misled, folks. Fred only has 2,048 posts. :D

Rationalizing pen and ink purchases since 1967.

I have pens for which my liking is greater than for others, but everything serves in rotation. If it did not, I would not keep it. Therefore there is nothing that will be used daily persistently. Pencils get the occasional look-in. I own two ballpoints of sentimental value, breaking the rule in sentence 2.

Edit: typo after edit.

Edited by praxim

X

Zebra F-701 modified to accept a Fisher Space pen cartridge.

They came as a boon, and a blessing to men,
The Pickwick, the Owl and the Waverley pen

Sincerely yours,

Pickwick

I have three: two Nakaya Piccolo Cigars (kuro-tamenuri and unpolished shu) and one Pilot CH 912 (posting nib). Actually, there's a third NPC (heki-tamenuri). If I'm just stepping out for a couple of hours, I'd take the kuro NPC and the Pilot. Or just the kuro NPC.

Yeah, so the answer must be the Kuro NPC.

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

My Visconti Opera Elements EF has pretty much been inked since I got it, now five years ago.
It has a stub Homo Sapiens brother, but that nib is a tad bit large for daily, prolonged notetaking, it is more of a letter, signature writer.

Poetry I write: http://eendichter.nl (mostly english, occasional dutch)